Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Any mommy's of little ones?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Any mommy's of little ones? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  09:15:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!~
I thought maybe some of you ladies may be able to offer advice or thoughts or whatever. I have two little ones and am a stay at home mom. You would think I have all the time in the world--but anyways.
I was wondering if any of you with children close together could tell me how you went about or are going about setting a schedule with your young ones. My tow year is desperately ready to potty train but for my inability to figure out how to balance potty training and a screaming 8month old, she hasn't yet. My 8month old is everlasting Grumpy. He whines, screams, cries, and is jsut all around grumpy from the time he wakes up until he goes to naps, then to bed. All he does is fuss. My daughter is a ball of 2year old energy and is into everything. Today, I reached down jsut in time for my son to take his first attempt at crawling/ falling down the kitchen steps. My daughter waits until I have something to do or have my hands in dishwater etc, then opens the door. My son does the inchworm thing and books like 60 for the doorway. I dont want to put ds in the playpen all the time, but cant pen up the two year old either. It's a lot like having twins. I think that maybe if I could get the two year old on a little more of a structured schedule (still not sleeping throught the night yet) and my 8month to adapt in a baby way to a schedule that life might not be quite so hectically (is that a word) overwhelming.
Pulling out my hair in South Jersey,

Jessie

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine; O What a foretaste of Glory DIVINE!

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  09:26:35 AM  Show Profile
Not a mommy so I have no advise but I am thinking of you and hoping it gets better!

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  10:08:46 AM  Show Profile
Mine are grown but I remember those days. You mention that the 8 month old is fussy all the time....is it possible that he is allergic to something? Is he on formula, milk, breastfeeding, it sounds like he is uncomfortable and what he ingests could well be the cause. With the two year old, remember that you are the adult and in control. We had a pretty firm schedule, breakfast at 7:00, snack at 10:00, lunch at 12:00 followed by a nap, snack at 3:00, dinner 5:30, snack at 7:00 and bed at 8:00. Snacks were healthy stuff. The inbetween times were play and reading, running errands, whatever had to be done. Snacks were at the table or highchair. I know this sounds very regimented but I did allow some flex it worked for us and I had time for them and for me and wasn't pulling my hair out. Just remember..."This to shall pass"
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  10:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jessie-

I think you are right. It sounds like you have a lot on your hands and a schedule might help a bit. I have a 6 month old so I don't have much advise on what to do with the 2 year old, but you can buy baby fences that are much bigger that play pens and are flexible. You can make them into a straight fence of a pen or whatever you need.

Maybe you need some set rules about outside time and inside time so your two year old won't be running outside when you are busy?

As far as your younger baby being fussy all the time, have you tried the teething tablets? They do seem to work on my baby. Also when Nora is really fussy like that I just have to grit my teeth (since she is so heavy now!) and carry her around in the Snugli or a sling for a few days. Usually she does this when she is in a huge growth spurt and needs extra nursing and cuddling. After a few days she goes back to being happy go lucky.

Maybe you could tell us what a typical day for you is like?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

sgrbear724
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Rebecca
Tyrone PA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  10:15:23 AM  Show Profile
HI there. I am a Mama to two 'babies'... a newly four year old and a 1 1/2 year old. I know what you mean about the time just flying by with two little ones. A day can go by and you think "WHAT have I done today??!" But you know-it was all those LITTLE things that don't add up to much...

You said your girlie is desperately ready to potty train? Does that mean she is making motions to do so-or that YOU desperately want her to? :-) I started potty training my girlie at two and practically pulled every single hair out of my head for many months. She would do GREAT for about a week and then would backslide to worse off than when she started. It was BAD, let me tell you, and my STRESS levels were THROUGH the ROOF! I backed off for a few months-ALWAYS encouraging her to go if she wanted to. I praised her, sang and did happy dances when she did what she was supposed to. Then I started making her 'sit' on the potty before meals, before we went outside or in the car, etc. etc. Eventually something clicked in her and she 'got it' at about 3. I am still not confident that what I did was good enough so I won't give you any tips there-I tried sticker charts, candies, everything. I will give one VERY practical tip. Have her wear dresses every day while you potty train. SO much easier if she looks like she is about to go-to get her on the potty. And less cleanup too.

My experiences have been that little ones thrive on schedules-on knowing what is going to come next so I would suggest, try doing things in the same order every day. Don't worry about the CLOCK per se, just the order-as much as is possible. As for the clock-I would say try and wake them up/put them down at roughly the same time each day. That way their internal clock is not too screwed up and having to reset ittself all the time...

Maybe your son is not getting enough rest? Do they share a room with one another? Could it be that the older one is keeping the younger one up and so he is not resting enough to feel refreshed?

I never did use a playpen. Maybe once or twice. At our old house I used a babygate at times. Most of the time though, I just said no and gave a bit of a swat. Soon enough-they avoided such things. I would try and explain to your two year old that she needs to protect her 'baby'. Of course, she is TWO. ;-)

As for the bundle of energy-there isn't all that much you can do about that! Except try and enjoy it. :-)

I hope maybe somewhere in this incoherent jumble of a reply-you might have gleaned SOMETHING of interest. :-)

http:www.zeahrenaissance.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sgrbear724
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Rebecca
Tyrone PA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  10:16:47 AM  Show Profile
nut4fabric-that is our schedule to a tee-except we have an afternoon snack and that's it. I really think kids do well with schedules.

http:www.zeahrenaissance.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2007 :  9:39:51 PM  Show Profile
I agree - the schedule is the way to stay sane for both you and the kids. Eveyone knows what to expect and when. It may seem hard to implement but everyone will be grateful in the end.

We did morning and afternoon nap/snack. Even when she went to preschool she came home had lunch and laid down. As she got older I kinda had to trick her. We would lay down together and she would fuss saying no nap. I would say Oh No we are not napping we are being very quite to listen to the birds. Without fail she was out in about 5 minutes.

Even in kindergarten she would lay on the sofa after lunch and have quite time - sometimes reading or playing with her stuffed animals. Eventually she would fall asleep. And, I never listened to my friends who told me that if you let them nap they would never sleep through the night. We never had that problem.

When she started 1st grade we still had quite time when she finished her after school snack. Sometimes we would cuddle up and I would read or we would swing on the porch swing.

The routine was so ingrained in her that when DD saw little ones screaming and throwing themselves on the floor in the market or a store she would say "that baby needs a nap" - usually so loud the parents could hear.

I work for a youth organization now and it kills me how parents run their kids into the ground. They are on the go so much and up so late for their age they have no clue how to do anything that does not involve running around screaming and yelling. And the bags under their eyes!

As for the potty training, I took my cues from DD. When she showed an interest in what "we" were doing in the bathroom I took her to buy her own potty that she got to pick out. And for good or bad we let her put a little stack of books next to it so she had something to do. She went back and forth too, but eventually she got the hang of it. I think letting her be the guide was the best for us because she never wet the bed or had an accident. I tried to make every milestone special - picking out the potty, buying her special "princess" undies. I think my making a big deal out of it made her proud of her little accomplishment.

If it takes time don't worry. My pediatrician always told me "everything will be resolved but the time they go to college."
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  06:24:41 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
Bless your heart, being a mom at times is the hardest job in the world. Hang in there, they grow so quickly and the hard times pass.

Potty training doesn't have to take place in the bathroom. I know people that have set a potty chair in the living room for the lil one to use. I also didn't use play pens too much but just had the room baby safe and put up gates. But for times when I did need to get something done without interruption I had no problem putting them in a play pen for a while. Babies need to learn to entertain themselves.

The two year old not sleeping through the night must be wearing you out. Can you pin point a reason why that is happening? With a couple of my kids, and this is hard, I just had to let them cry it out. One of them it took around 3 hrs the first night, not so long the second night, and just a few minutes on the third night...after that he would sleep.

Trying to have set routines does help. My 3 1/2 year old tells me everyday he doesn't want to nap but we go lay down and read a story and then we are quiet. That means no toys, no books no anything. The only problem is that I sometimes fall asleep for a few minutes and I'm getting in the nap habit! lol

I wish you the best. You are doing a wonderful job.

Blessings....
Sarah

www.mustangsuzie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SarahJ
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Shreveport Louisiana
198 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  06:53:12 AM  Show Profile
I have a 5yo and a 3yo, and I so remember those days.

First, I will give you a warning about potty training at 2. Some kids can do it, and some can't. When my first son was 2, and my second was a newborn, I began to push potty training because I thought that was when he was supposed to do it. Well, not only was I ill prepared to do it with the demands of a newborn, but I really could not see that my son was developmentally unprepared for potty training. He did not yet have the verbal skills, and the many other indicators that he was ready. So, needless to say, my efforts did more harm than good, and he didn't train until late 3's, nearly 4yo. So, as another farmgirl noted, make sure that she is really ready. Also, I would hold training until you do have a schedule, because it will be very difficult if you don't have that stability to support your efforts.

As to a schedule, I don't think that making one is going to be a problem, but implemening it will be. Right now, you should look at your kids patterns, behavior, needs and create a schedule that reflects them. For example, set naptime for the oldest when you know she gets tired and cranky. If they have a time of day that they are typically hyper or difficult, set outside time to help them burn off some energy.

But I think the key to your question is being consistent everyday until they get it, and understanding that it could take many days until they do. You are going to go through days of crying, tantrums, frustrations, and feeling like it will never work. The key will be patience and CONSISTENCY. I can't stress the need to be consistent enough. That has really be the key for us, and we can see how much better our kids do when they know what to expect, and know that nothing they do will change it. For example, my 3yo, still puts up a token resistence at naptime, but he does get in and stay in his bed, because he KNOWS I will keep putting him back until I decide it is time to get up.

So, my advice is commonsense and patience. It may take weeks for a schedule to stick, but you just have to keep it up. Also, remember that you have to be conscious of when it will need to change as the kids develop, such as dropping a nap for your baby as he grows.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  2:31:39 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your input. Helps me not to feel so much like the tired mean mommy. lol.

I know inconsistency is a HUGE thing at our house.One day I am very firm and doing a good job of the potty training up keep and the next day I am so tired I only help once or twice. This is kind of the way it is with most everything.
My DD tells me sometimes when she has to go by proclaiming "pee-pee". But, by the time her diaper is off and she has sat done she has already done most of her taking of business in her diaper. She pats herself when she is wet and tells me when she has done her business. She will even go so far as to grab a diaper and lay on the floor beside me to show that she wants to be change.
She doesn't sleep through the night. We are not sure why though. She gets up all through the night calling for my husband or I and then asks for more juice. (We haven't been able to kick the bottle yet, either.) As soon as the bottle is in her mouth she rolls over and goes back to sleep. All of that juice though is making her wet so much her diaper can't hold it and she leaks to the bed.
I can't really use the playpen as DS sleeps in that as night and I think anytime he goes in there, he thinks I want him to sleep. I know he is teething, but he is on the same formula he's always been on. I was giving him rice cereal but that maybe could have been it?? I introduced oatmeal cereal today hoping that would fill him up better and make him sleep more soundly.
We are in a 12 X 31 trailer right now. We are looking to buy a house as we just moved up here around 3 months ago. We are trying to get debt free---keep praying we can but so tempting to spend when money isn't there especially when it comes to babies and such. The playpen is at one end. DD sleeps in bed in the middle and hubby and I are on the other end. Any movement is heard by everyone and I wouldn't doubt that DS wakes up from hearing DD getting up. I am not sure how to help soothe this problem...maybe a crib would insulate some of the noise??
We don't really have a typical day expect that we get up around 8:00am. Walk over to my mom's anywhere between 11:00 and 2:00pm. We stay there and do whatever until hubby gets home at 3:00 or 4:00 or 5:00pm. Unless it's his day off. His day off could be any given day during the week as his schedule fluctuates and then not even waking up and going to bed are scheduled. We start bedtime routine with DS around 8:00pm and by 8:30 he is in bed and asleep each night. DD goes to bed anywhere from 9:00 to 11:00pm, depending on the fight. --Always with a bottle and usually with a parent in bed beside her.
Well, hope that offers some insight so maybe you could lend more insight...heehee!! :)
Thanks so much for offering your thoughts. It is sooooo encouraging knowing other ladies out there know what its like and that others are encouraging me who don't.

HUgs--Jessie

www.MayhemMommyMemoirs.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  09:25:51 AM  Show Profile
And They tell us to enjoy this time of our life because it goes fast. I say it better go fast or either the kids or I ain't making it! Ha ha. Anyway some say that a fussy baby might be helped by going to the chiropractor. sounds crazy but if you read up on it it might sound right for you. anyway anything is worth tring and a happy baby is easier to schedule around! also I would read up on some herbal ways fpr help. I love mandarin essential oil and lavender with my children (iput drops on a pillow and or blanket) I wouldn't go overboard with schedules. This might stress everyone out even more. start out with what you want diff. the most and go from that. hope things get better soon!

xoxo s.r.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  10:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jessie-

How are things going today? Hopefully things are doing a bit better for you! *hugs*

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  11:27:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi again, Ladies!!
Today is a better day. My mom is lending a hand with the children. I gave an earnest effort with the potty training and ended up cleaning up more than was making it to the potty. I decided to wait a bit for the pig girl "drawers" until after she is a little more user friendly with the potty chair. It did go well at first though. :) I actually stopped this lady in Walmart yesterday to ask how she went about potty training because her daughter looked just a little older than mine. Thankfully she didn't think I was too crazily off my rocker and offered some advice.
I instituted the schedule somewhat yesterday too and I think you are right,SHAWNA, too much schedule at once is stressful!! :)
We did well today though and I am heading out to get lavendar oils, teething tablets, and some plastic potty training pants.:)
Thank you ladies for everything.
Hugs jessie

Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  12:18:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Jessie! Sounds a bit like my house! I have a 2 1/2 year old and an 8 month old, and I know how hard it can be to get anything done. I often wonder where the day goes. Seems like I just clean something, and the toddler messes it all up again.

My advice- I would go cold turkey on the bottle. Go out and get her some cups she likes and tell her those are her big girl cups and get rid of her bottles. Also, my 8 month old likes to tool around in a walker. I know some people say not to use them, but as long as you have steps and stuff blocked off, they won't get into too much trouble! I use baby gates everywhere. Actually I had them before I had kids to keep the dogs out of rooms I didn't want them. They are in the doorways to the kids rooms, which are safe and I can put them in their rooms if I need to do something. When was your baby born? Just wondering since ours are the same age.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  4:35:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jessie-

I hope things continue to get better for you! I appreciate you posting your trials and tribulations here since I only have the one right now, but someday Nora will get a sibling. (hopefully not for a while though)!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  11:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Jessie,
One step at a time sweetie. From a grandparent to a mom, the one thing my mom always always encouraged me to be is consistent with whatever I did. And she is 71 now and her advice is still good. Yes, work on a schedule because in truth it really makes ones life easier in the long run. Have to admit, at first, it is a challenge but soon your children will realize what is coming next and because they do, you can also know what to expect out of their attitudes.
DD laughs at me, but I tell her the same thing, stay consistent, no matter what you do because it really does make a difference. Good advice is just that, advice.
Having had to live in extremely small spaces, you learn to adjust to what works for your family as well. Baby gates might be good in your small space and their are cribs that are smaller size, and for the life of me I can't remember what we called them. Maybe that would be better than the playpen, becasue it would be his bed and used for naps and bedtime.
Jessie you are a wonderful Mom that is learning along with her children that consistency is a good thing for your life as well.
Ya know what the great thing about a schedule is, when they settle in, you actually have time with your honey!!!! To talk, like real live adults, imagine that one!!!!LOL
Take one step and one day at a time. You can do this girl!!!!
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  06:55:23 AM  Show Profile
While mine weren't quite that close I remember some of those days (they're 17,15,13 & 7 now!) I would definetly check on allergies with the fussbudget - many babies are allergic to dairy and or soy. Goat milk might help with that (different protein and often well tolerated - Dr. Sears might have some info on his site http://www.askdrsears.com/html/3/T032400.asp - click on the feeding link for more on allergies).

As far as the two year old no you don't want to be to regimented but she does need some structure -- simple things like a time to get up, have meals, go to bed. I know even that may seem overwhelming right now so start with one - bedtime perhaps and train her to get ready for bed, brush teeth, read a story and lay down with a favorite lovey and some soft music. It may take a few nights but will be worth it in the end. Even two year olds can learn the world doesn't revolve around them and to wait a few minutes for something while Mommy is caring for brother! Try getting her to help you with the baby, "Can you bring Mommy the wipes please?" things like that, make a game of tidying up before lunch,make feeding baby a special time to read her a story or such that only happens then, give her a dry cloth to dust with while you do.

Get a sling! (try mayawrap.com) this would probably help your fussbudget to cuddle with you and you can still have your hands free. (Dr. Sears has info on this on his site as well). Cut out all activites for a few days and STAY HOME to implement a schedule/routine for your family then you can add things in gradually.

OH and is there a particular reason she must be potty trained right now? If she's ready for it and really wants it then great otherwise wait! Nobody goes to school in diapers and she WILL get the hang of it but there is no law that says she must be potty trained before she's three! Cut yourself some slack - besides which oftentimes little ones like this regress because you've been giving more attention to baby. I wish I would have waited with my oldest just a little longer and not worried about it so much. With mine it really helped to let them run around naked for awhile or using the actual panties without rubber pants - yes it's messier but there's something about feeling wet/dirty that really helps a lot of kiddos.

And even though it may not seem like it these days WILL pass all to quickly and you'll turn around and have teenagers! So make time to play with her, cuddle them, and write down something every day that they said was cute/funny/or obnoxious, take pictures when you can (my Mom has a great one of my sister & I (identical twins) covered in Ajax cause we were helping Mommy clean and had it all over the kitchen!)and look for something to enjoy that day.

Blessings!

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

Edited by - ArmyWifey on Oct 05 2007 07:01:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  1:03:02 PM  Show Profile
You all with think I am crazy!! lol..I keep checking in to see whats written new on here. :) You all have been so helpful! My mom found the trainer pants. Walmart had them.--Yay!! for Walmart. I think DD is ready to train as she tells me when she has to go and cries whenever shes done her business in her diaper. She doesnt ever get in trouble for it yet you'd think shed committed the biggest sin. Maybe I should wait to potty train?? It just seemed like she was ready all on her own?!?
How do I go about trying other things for baby if not milk. He doesnt care for juice except apple but that makes him have bowel troubles....apple juice is so harsh on baby tummies but boy can it make them go!! I had been putting rice cereal in his bottle (even though pediatricians say no) He did well for a good long time on that but all of a sudden didnt want it. I started with oatmeal and he'll only take that if he has to. He holds out. He loves the baby food but I wonder at 8 months shouldnt he already be eating more of that stuff than the bottle? I've just started it. He is a very big boy! He and my dd weigh the same. He's not fat, just solid!!:) He takes after his daddy so I'm not too worried about the being big part, but I wonder at the food intake.
Am I asking too many questions??lol
hugs
jessie

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  1:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jessie-

I think it is the nature of mothers to worry and worry and worry about their kids. I would go with what your baby is cueing your for. If he is cueing for food, crying and whining at the bottle and happy with foods- I think he is probably ready for it! I would increase the "real food" feedings by one or two a day until you hit a happy balance. Nora is the same way. She nurses for her primary nutrition but has been showing intense interest in food since she was 4 months old. She is now 6 months old so we have started introducing her to food. She really likes food that she can hold and try to feed herself with. She doesn't really like the mushy stuff. She makes that horrible gagging noise when I feed her mush, but she devours cheerios and cheese!

I hope your little guy is getting less fussy for you. I know how stressful it can be!

Also is he teething? Nora sure is! She cries every time I nurse her because her mouth is sore, but she loves sucking on a cooled teether and the chewing foods like cheese and cheerios. Also the Hylands Teething tabets are really working! They are amazing and I love them! They are pretty cheap and you can buy them at Wal-Mart.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  1:32:28 PM  Show Profile
Alee--
yep, Levi is definitly teething!! His little gums are always so hot and red. He teeths on half frozen washcloths, teething toys, pillows, shoes, my shoulder. Whatever he can "sink" his gums into. My dd was pretty bad when she was teething but I jsut don't remember her being this bad about it. She was later when her molars were coming in, but Levi acts like he has a belly ache all the time. Whenever I pick him he climbs all over me and he's content for a long time. Holding him all the time though can be tiring though I'd love to be able to do it. He weighs well into 25 pds so carrying him so much isn't really an option.
I am afraid to give him cheerios as I don't know if he'll know enough to "gum" it up before he swallows it....such a worry-wart am I!!:)
HUGS
jessie

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  3:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jessie-
With as much drool as these babies produce- the cherrios soften right up. Nora was champ about chewing them right away. I would try one and see how it goes. If you are really worried- cut it in half first, but I don't think that is necessary.

I would highly recommend going and getting those Hyland teething tabs. They dissolve instantly (seriously. I tried one before I gave them to her) I know I mentioned them before but they seem to help.

If you have one of those carriers like a snugli or a wrap, usually you can wear the baby on your back, and if not then you can buy them at Wal-Mart for $20. Nora sleeps more when I carry her, but it won't be long before she won't be able to be carried for long in front. Then I guess all you have to do is watch out for him yanking on your hair!

*hugs*

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  2:54:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jessie-

How are things going today? I hope you are having a little better time of it! I've been thinking about you all day and hoping you are getting some rest! :D

Alee
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  8:05:15 PM  Show Profile
Jessie- Just remember in another 6 months this too will pass. It seems like mine will be going crazy with one thing and before I know it they have a whole new game going on. I have had a lot of problems keeping my almost two year old out of the potty! She loves the water!!! and anything that might be flotting in it!!!! I have had to deal a lot with the teeting thing too. I fist loved the swabs with teething stuff in em. I would just get the other stuff all over their lips and never got it in the mouth, but the swabs i would just let em chew on. I haven't tried the tablets before. I mostly on kid 3 used Chamomile and Olive oil. you mix together and can rub on gums, and around their cheeks on the face. It really worked the best. my husband didn't beleive me so he rubbed a bunch on him;;; I few minutes later he said he felt really calm and relaxed. Anyway I have become I beleiver of essential oils! No hidded chemicals!
Don't get hard on yourself about the kids, it's hard work. We must find hope among those who have survived before us!! And the kids are little still- they won't remember are little mistakes, but the love will stay with em forever! Pray for strength!

xoxo s.r.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  9:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Shawna-

I will have to try the Chamomile and Olive oil. The Hylands are a homeopathic remedy and has chamomile in it. I rub Nora down with a homemade lavender lotion after a warm bath and that seems to help too. It really works-even on adults. My lavender lotion is to Carol Sue as Catnip is to cats :D *Love you Carol Sue* :D

Alee
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  07:14:15 AM  Show Profile
Hyland's work great! There is a difference in essential oils so make sure you buy the best you can. Udder Delight sells yummy goat milk lotions too.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  07:57:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Bump!

Alee
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Any mommy's of little ones? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page