littlehippiechick
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Tina
Bloomsbury
Canada
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  9:52:26 PM  Show Profile
Man, do I ever love this forum I just discovered this forum in search for new ideas on natural cleaning products, money saving ideas, and just to connect to other women who are doing the most important role that could ever be done for their children! I left the city with my husband, left my excellent career, and we headed to the farm to raise our two beautiful girls who are now 21 months and 6 months! We wanted to give our children a better lifestyle than what we could provide in the city, and we changed our lifestyles completely...I'm now a full time homemaker and my husband left his good paying-always gone career, and chose a less paying job close to home, but he is home everyday for supper which is important! We're not rich when we look at the bank account, and we struggle to make ends meet, but our souls are so incredibly rich, because our paychecks don't come with a dollar sign or digits...they come with hugs and kisses.

When it comes to time management, what I've been learning slowly is that it is impossible to do 48 hours of work in a 24 hour period, so you pick and choose house chores that need to get done. As long as the kids are clean, happy, fed and played with...and food is not rotting, it is fine. Some days I seem to have everything all together and manage to get soooooo much done, and other days I'm so scatterbrained, that nothing gets done! I'm also a neat freak and a perfectionist, but I just have to learn to throw that mentality right out the freakin door! I also work from home and most times only get 3 hours of sleep so I can get some work done in the evenings. The extra money that I do make, seems to be spent on the extra coffee I need to stay awake and play and keep up with chores. I always thought that being the perfect mother and wife meant having perfect kids, a perfect house, and a perfect image...well I've litterally gone and drove myself insane. Well I'm not perfect, and my husband told me today that he fell in love with my imperfections, and that's what made me perfect!

Anyway, in my spare time, I like to write my thoughts about what I am learning about motherhood, and I thought of sharing them with you all, to remind all of us and myself how important our roles as mothers is! Hope you enjoy!

-The best way a man can support his children, is to support the mother!

- Why do we dream of travelling to far off places that will always be there, when a child's mind can take us places we've never dreamed of...and will only be around for such a short time!

- EXCITING JOB OPPORTUNITY! No experience necessary, but must be able to perform on demand with or without appropriate training. Some tasks performed by the successful imcumbent includes; washing, cleaning, cooking, teaching, accounting, entertaining, purchasing, etc. Must be willing to work long hours, on call, and on weekends. Must be dependable with excellent communication skills. Must be willing to travel. Ability to be physically active is preferred. Salary is priceless and bonuses include hugs, kisses and smiles. This is a long term position for the remainder of your life. All applicants quote "motherhood" when applying.

Well I should get going, I've babbled long enough! But I hope to chat with some of you soon, and I hope that together, sharing ideas can help us all to feel good about what we do...and what we are not able to accomplish in a day! You all take care!

Little hippie chick!

No man is ever worth crying over, and the one that is...won't make you cry!!!
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  10:05:08 PM  Show Profile
Little Hippie chick, Your kids are about the same age as mine! Too bad you don't live closer. We could have a playgroup to let the little ones drool on eachother and the big ones have tantrums together :)

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

littlehippiechick
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Tina
Bloomsbury
Canada
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  10:18:53 PM  Show Profile
Heheheh, Whimsy_girl. A drool-fest would be hillarious! Yes it is too bad that we don't live close, by reading your postings, we have alot in common. But I guess that's why were all on here...we all have something in common! What a wonderful forum...

Little hippie chick!

Go to Top of Page

littlehippiechick
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Tina
Bloomsbury
Canada
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2005 :  10:20:59 PM  Show Profile
Fabulous Farm Femmes...you just made me pee my pants!!! LOL

Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2005 :  11:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Little Hippie chick, glad I could be entertaining! It's my true mission in life, in a wierd family like mine sarcasm is our only relief..Glad you found MJF... welcome welcome! I had 2 little girls about that far apart and you sound like you have figured out what's important a LOT sooner than I did, God Bless you.They DO grow up so fast! I think my daughter has you beat though..I have 2 grandaughter born exactly 1 year apart to the day!
Go to Top of Page

littlehippiechick
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Tina
Bloomsbury
Canada
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  08:38:53 AM  Show Profile
OOOOOO Ouch! 1 year apart, that sounds scary! I don't know how she does it! To tell you the truth, I'm not sure how women used to do it 100 years ago with 13 kids! Went to a local museum in a neighboring small town, and it was filled with household items and stories from that time. When I left there, I was pretty ashamed of complaining about anything!

This one couple I met breifly had 2 kids 9.5 months apart. I thought that was impossible, she was breastfeeding and all. That's nuts!

How is your daughter holding up with having two kids so close? Does she have a sarcastic humor too?!?

Go to Top of Page

rebecca
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Rebecca
Boulder Junction Wisconsin
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  08:50:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls,
Here's something that works for me. I have an area in my basement where I collect things to pass along to the Goodwill store. When I have a few things collected, I take them with me on my next trip. I figure I am always bringing things into my home, so if I want to keep some "free space" around me, I need to take things out at just about the same pace. You won't believe what a gift open space can be in your home. Choose carefully the things you surround yourself with. Let them have meaning or purpose. Get rid of all the stuff that you are tired of, don't need, or don't want anymore. I'm telling you it can make a difference in how you feel every day.

Rebecca of RebeccaJoysFarm
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2005 :  09:05:19 AM  Show Profile
The very principles of Feng Shui, Rebecca! Good advise. I too try to practice this regularly.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  12:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Little Feather, I'll tell you how she did it with 2 babies a year apart....she moved back in WITH ME!!!
Her NO good now ex-husband left her in Phoenix (long story), alone with the 3 kids and we had to go get her, and move her back up here with us, she was a mess...3 kids in 4 years.But that baby was meant to be in our family, as my daughter was breast feeding, had a Depo- Provera shot, AND was using a spermicide!!
I am glad to report though she has a wonderful new man in her life, a great job, and has lost and kept off over 100 lbs (not counting the 200 lbs of good riddance when she got rid of the Ex...LOL)And yes, she is funny and sarcastic and a doll like all my girls. We are blessed in them...now if we could just make the REST of our family sane...
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2005 :  12:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
P.S. MY granchildren don't drool.................anymore
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic How Do You Manage Your Time? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page