Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Introduction Next Topic  

drmolly
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Molly
Colton WA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2004 :  12:41:04 PM  Show Profile  Send drmolly a Yahoo! Message
Good afternoon,
I just found you all--although I had known about MaryJane's Farm through the magazine and having met Mary Jane at a Red-Hatter's meeting--and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a Farmgirl from W A Y back,
I'm 56--do we share things like that?--and grew up doing "farmy" things-although my dad is/was not a farmer. We raised animals, grew our own food, preserved it, made our own clothing, etc, etc.
I taught my 2 children-one son & one daughter-to do all of that sort of thing while I was rearing them. My grandsons (my daughter has 2 soms) are learning the lessons, too.
I am, at present, working as the curator for the Phaseolus Germplasm Collection in the U.S. But, I still garden, sew, and preserve some of our food, plus generally try to have a more self-sufficient life-style.

OK, that's probably more than you wanted to know, but if anyone has questions, etc. Let me have 'em . OK?

I'll be glad to get to know you all.

Molly

"The BeanQueen"-preserving beans for you, and for future generations (curator, U.S. Phaseolus Germplasm Collection)

leenora
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

cindy
sevierville TN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2004 :  2:16:13 PM  Show Profile
Welcome drmolly. I am new here too. My intro is on the "Welcom Wagon" thread I think. I look forward to hearing more from you.
Go to Top of Page

drmolly
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Molly
Colton WA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2004 :  2:24:07 PM  Show Profile  Send drmolly a Yahoo! Message
Hi Cindy,

Glad to know you.

I couldn't find your intro, but I'm not too familiar yet with the site.

I'll look again later.

Molly

"The BeanQueen"-preserving beans for you, and for future generations (curator, U.S. Phaseolus Germplasm Collection)
Go to Top of Page

leenora
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

cindy
sevierville TN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2004 :  9:29:11 PM  Show Profile
It's on the "Welcome" thread pg. 2 :)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2004 :  12:22:36 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Molly (yours is one of my favorite names by the way!) you sound like fun!!!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

drmolly
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Molly
Colton WA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2004 :  05:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Send drmolly a Yahoo! Message
Ah, thank you Jenny. I've always liked my name, and when I was young and there were not so many people with it-I was an adult when I first met a girl with "my" name-I felt lucky to have one that was "mine alone" .

I found your post Cindy. My goodness, your life sounds similar to mine when my children were growing up. In fact, but not for the "antics" of one errant ex-husband I'd still be having that life-style. But, when life throws one curves, one learns REALLY quickly how to doge and adapt. So, here I am, after having gone back to school at 39 and finally getting those letters after my name at 49, working at something that I dearly love, living an entirely different lifestyle, and enjoying myself completely.

Life is always an adventure, "doncha' know?".

Molly

Go to Top of Page

simpledreamer
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Marybeth
Louisiana
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2004 :  06:54:52 AM  Show Profile
Nice to meet you!

Dreaming of a simpler life,

Marybeth