Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 Any of YOU girls like to dress up for Halloween?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Holidays: Previous Topic Any of YOU girls like to dress up for Halloween? Next Topic
Page: of 2

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  6:43:53 PM  Show Profile
My friends usually have a huge Halloween bash. Last year I was a witch with a naughty twist-I have this one pair of boots too. ;)

Otherwise, I usually wear my Ren Fest garb. Cheating, yes, but they are comfy, easy and I love them. This year I lost some weight, sooo towards the end it didn't fit properly. So that is out.

In the interest of time, I stopped at the thrift store today and picked up a set of scrubs.
I will borrow the stuff from my daughter's fisher price doctor kit and play an intern or resident from Grey's Anatomy/ER or something.

Not sure what my daughter will be, she is usually pretty creative.
One year we revamped a totally 80's old prom dress into Glinda the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz. It was gorgeous. I have no pictures though, some dingbat erased them off the camera by mistake. I am not naming any names. LOL

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Kati
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Kati
North Pole AK
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  7:29:58 PM  Show Profile
Yep. Last year I made myself a halloween apron with witchy-hat fabric & I wore the apron with a witch hat & a dish-cloth & went to work as a Kitchen Witch. *grin* I LOVE dressing up for halloween. Usually from outfits I put together myself (the year before last I was a "Hippy Witch"). Here's the link to the blog-post with a pic of my Halloween Apron: http://dragonflysmusings.blogspot.com/2006/10/my-first-apron.html

No idea, yet, what I'm going to dress up as for halloween this year. But as it falls on a Wednesday, I can dress up for work, as long as it's not inappropriate.

Blessings. --Kati
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  7:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love the Glinda idea! Oh now I want to do that! You could go get one of those tiaras from Wal-Mart or a Craft store and a wand would be fairly easy to make! Wow! You ladies have such good ideas!!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  9:09:05 PM  Show Profile
this is too funny--
i love halloween and dressing up, i haven't did that since my senior year in highschool! I was a witch all out looking back it was sort of a sleezy outfit- can't beleive my mom let me wear that! now i don't have anyplace to go dressed up and no kids go out of town to trick. maybe we'll have a farmgirl meeting--dressup only! love the cow and udder idea goes great with me now (seeing how i'm in milking season)

xoxo s.r.
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  7:25:55 PM  Show Profile
Alee,

"Her Highness" went as Dorothy one year too, complete with the red glitter shoes from Target. Girls are a lot more fun to dress up, especially mine, she totally gets into it. She isn't sure what to dress up as this year, I told her to hurry up and think of something in case I have to drag the sewing machine out.

I am sure whatever you dress Nora up as, she will be darling!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

emma.birdwhistle
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Elizabeth Ann
Ontario
Canada
187 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  06:47:06 AM  Show Profile
I love to dress up for Hallowe'en. It gives me a wonderful excuse to wander about in historical clothing without being stared at and thought of as odd! :) Though I've always liked to be thought a bit odd...

- Elizabeth

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Thoreau

http://resolutelyoutmoded.etsy.com
http://myspace.com/elizabethannbarlow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic Any of YOU girls like to dress up for Halloween? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page