Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 "Bees Without Borders" Farmgirl Chapter....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic "Bees Without Borders" Farmgirl Chapter.... Next Topic
Page: of 19

cw246
True Blue Farmgirl

153 Posts

Cheryl
Largo Florida
USA
153 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  05:11:43 AM  Show Profile
Sorry I haven't voted sooner, been gone for the weekend. I love all of the designs, Stephanie you sure did a great job , but #2 is also my fave.
I haven't ordered my fabric either... can't decide which color I like best...1st pink, then blue or is it the yellow
I'm not much into scrapbooking either so my page will also be "rough", but I am willing to try
Bev, I think you are doing a super job! You sure seem like a natural to me.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  07:55:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Hopefully you got the newsletter today and have taken a quick glance at our blog beeswithoutborders.wordpress.com. I haven't added much yet because I need your help! I'd like to make a little BIO about each of our members. Please send me a little bio of yourself and possibly a picture. Remember this will be posted in a public blog so do not include any PERSONAL information. Also, remember that if you want to sign up for a wordpress account I can add you as a contributor and you can make posts to the blog. You will be able to add tutorials, links, musing or whatever! Also if you have a blog or a website email me your links and I will start adding them!

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  09:34:44 AM  Show Profile
Loved the newsletter! I'm working on my page this week and will get my pink fabric ordered for my apron. I sent Julie my info for the blog. Bev -- you're doing a great job!

Hugs,
Kay

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

Visit my Etsy Shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  12:00:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey Julie,

I'll get my links and info to you soon! I would love to be allowed to design the header at the blog to include our new logo which of course has our name in it but thought about having in that white space beside the Logo some sort of slogan so to speak.

Maybe something like: Farmgirls At Heart Are Sewing!! or A Chapter for Farmgirls At Heart..y'all think about that..it will need something else in the header to balance it out.

Hey Bev & Everyone,

I read your (Bev) newsletter a while ago so thought I would say that I'm happy everyone loves your drawing since I think it's adorable and I appreciate the thumbs up on the finishing it out as a graphic. It's not finished yet! So don't snag it for your blogs or sites, etc YET!! LOL

I need to refine it and then I wanted to add that I would like to make the Signature Tags (sigtags) that we can use around forums, messageboards, etc. and also make different sized Banners that we can use at our blogs, websites, etc using the "spool and Bee" drawing.

They will definitely help drive traffic to the chapter and to Mary Jane's website. We need to help support our local farm and Henhouse Haven!!

Bev, Will you draw another "bee" atleast 2 x 2 inches in size and scan it at 300dpi? I was thinking of using that bee somehow but need a larger one to play with. Avatar's are normally very small, even as small as 48x48 so I was thinking that the Bee could be used alone in an avatar...Let me know what you think? I think I have gone Bee-crazy now that I know you can draw such sweet bees

Okie doke, Y'all let me know if it's ok to throw out the sigtags and banners..I'll do several different sizes on the banners to accomodate different sized coloums that people may have on their blogs. I know on my blogger template that I'm using I can use around a 225 pixel wide in the narrow coloum and up to a 646 wide for a footer page element. Let me know about your blogs if you know any of these sizes, Ok? I may be the weekend before I get those two goodies up on the forum to look at...I will finish up the Logo this week..

As usual I have rambled on...but thanks for listening

Talk to ya later, Stephanie

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com

quote:
Originally posted by willowtreecreek

Hi everyone! Hopefully you got the newsletter today and have taken a quick glance at our blog beeswithoutborders.wordpress.com. I haven't added much yet because I need your help! I'd like to make a little BIO about each of our members. Please send me a little bio of yourself and possibly a picture. Remember this will be posted in a public blog so do not include any PERSONAL information. Also, remember that if you want to sign up for a wordpress account I can add you as a contributor and you can make posts to the blog. You will be able to add tutorials, links, musing or whatever! Also if you have a blog or a website email me your links and I will start adding them!

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  12:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hey Stephanie....some thoughts about that bee.....It is a crude drawing and I would like the bee to be a little more yellow (not orange) with a black head, white eye and black thorax....I guess I had better draw a better one....That one was a crude drawing. Can I send you a new spool and bee????

Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  2:48:16 PM  Show Profile
Draw away! Oh, goodie, you gonna send me a bee alone as well as the new spool and bee? If you don't mind scan each drawing seperately at the 300dpi and send me the large files.

Later, Stephanie

Just realized I left the "s" out of the word scan! Sorry about that. Fixed it.

quote:
Originally posted by Bee Haven Maven

Hey Stephanie....some thoughts about that bee.....It is a crude drawing and I would like the bee to be a little more yellow (not orange) with a black head, white eye and black thorax....I guess I had better draw a better one....That one was a crude drawing. Can I send you a new spool and bee????

Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Oct 08 2007 8:14:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  5:13:54 PM  Show Profile
I received my pink bee fabric today and I love it! Also, I really enjoyed reading the News Letter!
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  7:22:07 PM  Show Profile
I got the newsletter today too. It was great and I look forward to many more.

Bev: You are going to be a great leader. So far you have inspired us and then gathered us. What more can we want? So many of the girls are already stepping forward to share their talents and that makes it even better for all of us to be a part of.

I have not ordered the fabric yet, or made my page. I will get on those soon. For some reason I am totally not able to get into a good routine right now. I am wasting time and always tired at night. That is not my normal state! :) My husband just commented that I hardly ever sew anymore. I don't know why. The time is always late when I feel "done" with all the stuff that has to be done. I will make time this weekend though. Maybe this summer weather in October is making my inner clock all screwed up. Does anyone ever feel this way?
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  8:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aww! I kindof like the bee as is! It is whimsical and cute! It looks like a bee that does it's job but doesn't take herself too seriously to have fun! But that's just my thoughts.

I bought and apron pattern and fabric today (not the chapter fabric). I will post pictures as soon as I can- It is causing a few hiccups though!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  8:17:17 PM  Show Profile
It still will be If you love this one then you're sure to love the "final draft".

How's your cold? You feeling better? Hope so...

Stephanie

quote:
Originally posted by Alee

Aww! I kindof like the bee as is! It is whimsical and cute! It looks like a bee that does it's job but doesn't take herself too seriously to have fun! But that's just my thoughts.

I bought and apron pattern and fabric today (not the chapter fabric). I will post pictures as soon as I can- It is causing a few hiccups though!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  10:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
*shrugs* I am sure whatever you come up with will look great! :D

My cold is still hanging out and having a party in my sinuses :( But at least my throat isn't sore anymore. That was the worst! And the sinus pain isn't as bad as it was so I am hoping my body is getting everything taken care of. Nora being up in the middle of the night isn't helping though. I would love to get more sleep.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2007 :  10:55:05 PM  Show Profile
Alee,

I hope for a speedy recovery. I know how awful a cold is and having Nora to take care of...well, I know you must be exhausted. Take good care of yourself, Ok?

((((hugs))))

Stephanie

quote:

*shrugs* I am sure whatever you come up with will look great! :D

My cold is still hanging out and having a party in my sinuses :( But at least my throat isn't sore anymore. That was the worst! And the sinus pain isn't as bad as it was so I am hoping my body is getting everything taken care of. Nora being up in the middle of the night isn't helping though. I would love to get more sleep.

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  12:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Stephanie! You are so sweet!

I was doing some sewing therapy tonight :D Okay- so it wasn't helping much with getting rid of the cold- but it was fun! Anyway, back to my little story. I got the pattern cut out, got the front part of the skirt done, got the back part of the skirt done, got half of the bottom ruffle done and my needle broke on me! GRRR. I guess I have to go buy needles tomorrow! I thought I had a few extras, but I can't find them. :( I really wanted to at least get the bottom part done tonight. And I think I would have had the whole thing done, but I had never done gathering before so it took me a little while to put the explanation my mom gave me into practice.

So I am doing a little more on my embroidery. I am almost done with the second of 4 pillowcases for the the swap. I have maybe another hour's worth of work to do on it. Yay! I will be so proud of myself when I finish this.

Stephanie and Bev- Thank you so much for working so hard on the chapter- you both are doing such a great job.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  05:36:09 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I am sorry you are not feeling well. Those colds can sure hang on. Please post your pillow cases when you are done. The redwork block you posted was just beautiful!
Cheryl

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  05:44:41 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
for those of you with flickr aCCOUNTS CHECK THIS OUT
http://flickr.com/groups/passionatelypinkforthecure/

If you belong to flickr and you have pink photos add them to the Passionately Pink for the Cure group. I added 47 photos today I wish I had more but since it is not my favorite color that is more than I thought I would be able to add. I am looking for things pink to add this month. I am sure most of us know someone who has had this or will have this. Prepare now to help your loved ones before you find out they have this add as many pictures as you can in pink.

http://flickr.com/groups/passionatelypinkforthecure/pool/

This text taken from the text directly from the group I did not write it but thought it important to post.

"About Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure and launched the global breast cancer movement. Today, Komen for the Cure is the world's largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists fighting to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures. Thanks to events like Passionately Pink for the Cure, they have invested nearly $1 billion to fulfill our promise, becoming the largest source of nonprofit funds dedicated to the fight against breast cancer in the world.
Added by originalmulli.

Passionately Pink for the Cure is a grassroots fundraising and awareness program of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the global leader in the breast cancer movement.

What makes you passionate for the cure?

Showcase your passion for the cure by uploading passionately pink photos to help raise vital funds for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Share photos in honor of a survivor, in memory of a loved one, to celebrate Passionately Pink for the Cure events. Or simply share a pink photo that inspires others to rally around the cause.

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Yahoo! will donate $1 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, for each pink photo added to this Group from October 1-31, 2007 up to $50,000! This donation will be used to fund breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment programs.

Pick your Pink. Play Your Part. End Breast Cancer. "

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/

Edited by - sunshine on Oct 09 2007 07:52:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  07:06:35 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I'm makin a big batch of chicken noodle soup today...

http://nashbabe.blogspot.com/2007/10/tonights-potluck.html

Now I wish I could just figure out a way to send you some through the internet! :-)

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  07:30:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Cheryl- What redwork block are you refering to? I haven't ever done any redwork before.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  10:46:24 AM  Show Profile
Alee, Here's a little history on Redwork...scroll down this page a bit and you will see it.

http://www.redwork.info/

Stephanie

quote:

Cheryl- What redwork block are you refering to? I haven't ever done any redwork before.

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  11:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Stephanie-

That is a great link about redwork. I knew what redwork is, but it is always fun to learn more. I was just confused because I thought Cheryl was thinking I had posted a picture of redwork that I had done in the past- which would be kind of hard since I have never actually done redwork before :D

Alee
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  12:08:38 PM  Show Profile
Just opened a Flickr Album for the Chapter. You can read about how to join it here:

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14085

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  12:24:44 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I am so sorry it was Sunshine who made the block!
Cheryl :)

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  12:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thats okay Cheryl! Sunshine's work is always gorgeous! She is so talented! I wish I had as much talent as she has!

Hugs!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  4:49:55 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
ok I am lost what redwork are we taking about and where is it posted so I know which one we are talking about

Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  4:59:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sunshine, It is the block you made under the Signature Blocks posting. It is just beautiful. I was sorry I found that post too late to join.
Cheryl

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  5:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
there is an on going signature block swap that you make your own deadlines. If I haven't swaped with you I am happy to I haven't followed the thread latly so if youposted in the last month I may not have noticed as I have been real busy and sick during that time.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11749

Edited by - sunshine on Oct 09 2007 5:12:00 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic "Bees Without Borders" Farmgirl Chapter.... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page