Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  12:12:49 PM  Show Profile
i forgot to say that beth is doing soooooooooo much better we are on the mend. i was also going to mention something else oh yeah steph those buttons are just awesome.

ronna is definately the treasure finding queen..... and we all love her (even if we secretly snarl at her for all the good finds saying why couldnt i have found that but then again we are happy for her too)
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  1:16:57 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, I hate it when you think you're getting better than it's downhill again. And it being warmer down there doesn't help matters either..Maybe you've got some high pollen counts going on..I know Thomas suffers terribly in the springtime..The tree pollen is stays very high up here right now.

Thanks, Ruth...I've got more buttons to photograph...that's just the beginning..LOL

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  2:08:13 PM  Show Profile
Autumn, I am so sorry that you are still so sick.
I am trying to stay well. It is so hard when people go to work sick or even to the rehabilitation center sick.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  5:36:31 PM  Show Profile
had a lovely time and now we are cleaning the living room cause it was destroyed in the few hours that i was gone
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  6:55:59 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you all have been busy! Or busy being sick....!

I've had a few unexpected days myself and haven't had much time for the computer! Now I'm getting ready to move back to Washington for the summer ...can't wait to see all the family and my critters.....hopefully they won't like our caretakers better than me now!!!!! But they never have in the past so I guess all will be well... LOL

It's stressful to change homes again since it's just so different of a lifestyle in each one.

Monica, hope we can get together before I go.......but we'll stay in touch thru e-mail and this forum.

Will be happy to hopefully meet some of the farmgirls in the Washington State area.

I posted a link on the sidebar on my Curly Willows blog if anyone is interested in copying the "Fluttering Fairies" templates. They're in full color with instructions on how to assemble them.

Also, I wanted to share some pictures of my ALMOST famous Washington garden with you.. LOL LOL, I often refer to it as "my 3 year ordeal!"

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  7:52:20 PM  Show Profile
Carol, WE will have to try to get together! Let me know if you want to come up next week! Your garden is beautiful! I love the pond!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  8:38:41 PM  Show Profile
Carol, I am so jealous of your gorgeous back yard. Wow! All that work, but oh, so beautiful.

www.countrynmore.com

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  9:12:27 PM  Show Profile
Carol, the garden is fabulous and that's putting it mildly! And I love your new blog where you put the faeries..Did you add your "follow" widget..I forgot to look but I'll want to follow it. :0) The faeries are precious..can't wait to print them out...

Steph

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  9:50:13 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the compliments regarding my garden. It HAS been hard work...and really was nothing but flat ground in the beginning. I do 95% of the work myself but LOVE it. And in all honesty it has been my sanity at times!

I can't seem to throw any of my divided perennials away although they multiply like crazy....especially my herbs. So I just keep making the garden bigger! It's funny but I also don't give my plants to just anyone...it's like adopting out my precious babies...my best friend of 35 years gets not one of them since she has a habit of, well, not exactly being the "keeper of growing things" LOL. It's a big joke between us! Whenever she pops in for a visit and shows an interest in a certain plant my comment is "don't even think about it" and we have a good laugh.

Steph, oops missing the follow widget on the new blog page...I didn't think about that.....I'll add one...thanks for letting me know. This may be a page we both should share as partners LOL and LOL again! I wish I weren't so hurried right now as far as time goes...I want to do a fun design for that blog.

Monica...our get away for this week is in progress........ LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  11:01:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh Carol, your garden is truly amazing.....and beautiful.
I had to laugh when you were out there taking off every dead leaf, and it would have been terribly nerve wracking to say the least.

Autumn, thanks for the info on the shrimp. And you get better girl, go take it easy as well.

Karin, we are suppose to get out of our pjs for the day, are you sure? I vote for pj days on cold dreary days....guess what, we are suppose to have sunshine on Sunday. A real miracle.

Not really doing anything here,I did go to the book signing with Teresa. It was a nice outing. We got to meet the gal that owns the restaurant The Chaps. What a dear she is and we had such a good time visiting with her.

Taking care of my dh, who could hardly walk this morning. I have never seen his hips be this bad. Whooziers.

Made stew tonight and enough for tomorrow. Yippee. Makes life easier.

Steph, I did enjoy viewing your buttons. Can't wait to get to view some of Ronna's.

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  01:11:22 AM  Show Profile
Carol, that would be fun to join the forces that be..LOL and grow that new blog..what fun! I've got to talk to you about the software you use and the learning curve to draw what you just did. I wanna do that too!!

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  06:43:27 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Naomi!!! Are you 18 now? I've been a farmgirl for 2 years...so I'm guessing.

Hope your day is great!!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  07:48:26 AM  Show Profile
OMG! I am at the kids outside of Syracuse NY and got up to snow this morning! They weren't even calling for it! We had rain all day yesterday and then it got windy last night, and snow today! I wasn't expecting this, kids and I were going to do bubbles and go for a walk in the park today. Thank heavens at the last minute I threw a winter coat in the car, just in case. Must have been a premonition. Hope you all are having better weather today!
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  10:36:21 AM  Show Profile
Thanks all that I missed...
Yes, Linda- 18...eek

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy stores: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
www.steamgirl1900.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  10:41:46 AM  Show Profile
Carol, your garden is absolutely incredible, so sweet.

Yesterday morning I fell and smashed my good knee, well my not quite as crappy as the other knee. By mid afternoon it was all I could do to stagger around. I couldn't find my arnica, that was bad. Oh well, still very sore this morning, but I spent a couple hours sewing nine patch blocks. i have to stop, I already have too many, but it is so soothing to crank them out. The next thing I HAVE to do is get my cutting table cleared off so i can get some quilts basted. That will be an adventure, but of course I have my loyal helpers, the cats. I think they are feeling a bit down too, they keep jumping up on my small table when I am wielding the rotary cutter ( I know, they are just stupid).

I have to get out of this house for a minute before I got completely insane, so I guess I'll go get myself a package of sewing machine needles, I am down to only one spre needle. Now, I just have to keep my eyes averted from the fabric....

Cold, foggy here. This weather is so overwhelming to me at the moment, it is so dark today it is difficult to even gauge what time of day it is.

Sorry you got snow, Suzanne, that just isn't fair. I've always heard that Syracuse is a bad location in winter, more snow than most every where else.
I know we are not done with snow here, but I'm just trying to ignore it.

Autumn, hope you are feeling better.

Steph, I love your buttons, those pink ones are just so sweet, I'm a bit of a fool for pink, and a real fool for buttons. I rememb er when i was little, my parents would visit their friends, Winnie and Russell, they had no children, but they had a wonderful old English sheepdog and a fabulous button jar that I was allowed to investigate, I'm sure that was the start of a life long fondness for buttons..

Babbling like an idiot now, so I better finish up and head out before the sky falls in.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  11:47:24 AM  Show Profile
Karin, sorry about your knee!

Monica, I mean Agent 006, LOL our plot to escape for lunch is still active!

Steph, I have a Mac and I use FreeHand MX where I actually draw the pictures (using the mouse) onto the computer. I've been an illustrator for over 30 years and I've been using FreeHand for about 25 years. It took a while to learn when I first started....you have to train the mind and hands to do a totally foreign thing!!!! I used to be so frustrated I'd just sit and cry because I couldn't even manage drawing a crude circle. I also use Photoshop Elements mixed in with my artwork (my digital quilt designs are created in that application as well as some of the photos on my Altered Shots blog.)

Yes, it would be fun to get together and share stuff on my new blog...can't wait to get it completed. It would also be another avenue for others to promote their own website. Will talk to you about it more detail. What fun we could have!

Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  12:09:20 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue.......yes leaf by leaf by leaf!!!!! LOL

Sharon....you do some pretty amazing things from what I can see on your blog page!!

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  3:53:55 PM  Show Profile
I had to laugh Carol, really hard, because I would have done the exact same thing. No Joke!!!!
Your gardens were wonderful to go through. Good inspiration. I have a very small space for gardens but am using every inch of it.....gotta move some stuff around this spring, but too darn early for that right at present.

It is sunshing here through the clouds and warmer than it has been in quite a while. Shhh, don't tell, but we are suppose to hit 60 on Monday and Tuesday. I will be sitting out in the sunshine, seriously, soaking it all up. That and planting my peas in a couple of barrels I have. Then looking at the area I want my garden in and seeing what I can do about it....maybe staking it out. That would be so great.

Kitties are sound asleep wrapped around the dogs, they blend in with their coloring with Lucy. You have to do a double take to make sure they are there. LOL.

Karin, gosh darn it girl, those knees have taken a major beating this winter.

Hi Linda, it is so nice that you have a computer again. Nice to see you popping in, what have you been doing?

Susan, snow, now that majorly stinks, having just had some of our own. Thank goodness you brought a winter coat.

Nay, girl you are a youngin!!!! and a delightful one at that. Give mom a hug and tell her we are praying that house sells quick!!!!

Ruth, so are you staying warm, did a ray of sunshine peak out in your area!!!!! We so need spring!!!!

Monica and Carol, too hilarious, Agent 006....lol, you girls have an super fablous time together.

Ronna must be hanging with hubby. Or out having him rototill for her irises. Yep, I would say spring has sprung for a few of us here.

Jess, does this mean it stopped raining at your place to work on that gorgeous chicken coup. I really really like the front porch. You can sit there and listen to them. That is quite delightful all in itself. I was offered 3 more chickes, no I did not take them. dang I sure wanted to though. I think dh would have major murder on his mind if I did....lol.

Ok, I am going to go sit in the wee bit of sunshine we are having, have to soak it up while I can....grin!!!!

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  6:10:20 PM  Show Profile
Well, I made it to town, decided to have a hot chocolate for lunch, then came home and took a three hour nap. I guess I needed it. I do feel a bit better. Of course I woon't sleep much tonight. I just wrote that and yawned. Maybe I just need a lot of sleep today. I hope we get some sunshine soon so my brain doesn't explode.

I noticed lots of crocus blooming today, despite the weather and daffs and narcissus are appearing, though they appear to be holding out for a little sunshine before they bloom.

Carol Sue, I'm so glad you got some sunshine to loll around in today.

Still yawning. Oh dear.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  7:13:27 PM  Show Profile
Karin, We had nice spring like day *imagine that*...many flowers and trees are blooming now and we are on a high pollen alert. This is our second spring time in this area and it seems the pollen is extreme every year... I took two 40% off coupons to Hobby Lobby and bought two wire dress forms..that are so sweet. I'll put them on my blog.

Oh, and the buttons..yes, there is something very therapeutic about running your hands through a bowl or jar of buttons. Lets see, I think your monitor saw my red buttons as pink?? I do have some pink one though.

Carol, I'm so absent minded..I know you are an illustrator..mental pause is so kind to the mind, ya know! LOL So anyhow, now I know why I'll never draw anything as pretty as your faeries..I do practice in my graphic drawing programs and it's hard to do with the mouse..it feels very strange.

I like what I call my *doodle art* I guess you'd call it. I use french curves along with my freehand additions to create abstract stuff..I have created a collection of quirky crowns that I plan to include in some of my finished items to sell.

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  8:54:35 PM  Show Profile
Karin, I hope your knee is feeling better!!

Carol Sue, Carol forgot to tell you that she is Agent 0007 and we our plotting our escape this week!!

Carol, You are a nut!!!!

I will have to read the last couple of pages again because I am sure I am missing something!

I bought 2 lavender plants from Lowe's and I wasn't sure they were going to make it after I planted them in a bigger pot, but today I noticed a ton of tiny new buds starting so I think they are going to survive! I will have to take a picture and put it on my blog!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Apr 04 2009 8:55:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  10:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Monica, how I wish Lavender would thrive in my area..it's so humid here..they suffer from root rot when I plant them in the ground..so I'm gonna try planting them in pots and let them enjoy the dryness..a Montana lavender farmer told me to try this. Lavender is my favorite essential oil and egyptian rose since Rose Otto EO is so blasted expensive..it takes so many rose petals to extract the oil.

Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  10:57:18 PM  Show Profile
Great, Monica, now our cover is blown!!! We must hatch new identities!!! LOL

I have LOTS of lavender plants in Washington. Maybe if you keep them misted (well, drenched all over in Arizona) not just watered from below you might have some luck.......they smell so wonderful and the scent is supposed to help you get a restful sleep.

See you on Wed.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  06:42:17 AM  Show Profile
hello girls,

well Carol, finally got to check out your blogs! How fun. Great work. I love to watch work of busy women.

karin...i am so happy you are sewing. Do i need to send knee pads? that is too many times in one winter.

cs///you said no to chickens,,,gasp,,,,good for you.

at inlaws today, crochetin dishcloths.

off to stephs blog...love drress forms

no coop work, watch one of my blogs for garden/coop work being done. john's gallery opened on friday night, he had a great turn out, grand opening in a couple weeks, such a great place, if you have art and want to show it, contact me.

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  06:51:39 AM  Show Profile
:(

steph where are they?

oh steph, i always fail at lavendar as well....i met a lady here who does not, she beats root rot by planting over sand and gravel and then dirt on a bit of a hillside she has built up. she has beautiful luscious plants, i am gonna try again.

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page