Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  6:36:58 PM  Show Profile
I found this site today. This Christmas apron is really cute.

http://vintageechoes.com/webstore/details.php?id=73&back_ref=index.php?cat_path=10&page=1&PHPSESSID=cc924a600c19b4e892557503cf9f1453

www.countrynmore.com
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfabrics4u23
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  6:53:25 PM  Show Profile
well...good use of many materials...how cute is that?
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  7:04:22 PM  Show Profile
Jessica, that is what I was thinking. I have old lace that belonged to my mil's mother, and might use it some day on an apron, but one that would be for me or someone on her side of the family.

www.countrynmore.com
Go to Top of Page

Kati
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Kati
North Pole AK
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  7:11:27 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by smoothiejuice

i suppose this counts as an apron, too..but i made the bonnet, dress, spoon bag, hanky, pantaloons, and chemise as well!

OMG!!!! I'm so totally jealous of your daughter, Jess!!!! Kirsten is my favorite AG character, and I always wanted to have the doll & dress like Kirsten. In fact, when the Pleasant Company still owned AG, and they still made girl-sized versions of the character's clothes, my mom bought me Kirsten's school dress. I wish I knew what happened to it, though, because I certainly don't still have it around. *sigh* Your daughter is just adorable! And so very totally lucky!
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  8:28:15 PM  Show Profile
BRAVO!!!! To ALL of you -for the last 6-7 pages!!
WHEW! Ya leave for a quilt show and miss pages of talent!
Did anyone else go to the Int'ntl Quilt Show in Houston?
I just returned and ya'll would be ...well either really proud or really ashamed of me..... I didnt buy a single yard of fabric! Not even a fat qtr!There was entirely too much to chose from. There is such a thing as fabric overload & I have experienced it!
I did buy and handle LOTS of wool- I'm gonna try a cute bee & beehive pattern with felting.
Also adorable Redwork patterns and a fabric postcard kit.
Am I kicked out for no fabric buying?
Blessings
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  10:09:54 PM  Show Profile
N0, n0t kicked 0ut f0r that, we sh0uld give y0u an award f0r staminia!!!!!
L0L....
N0pe Jess, n0 b0x yet....remember I live a l0ng ways away....
I g0tta g0 back and check 0ut the rug thing.
Catching up is grand and then I f0rget what I read and have t0 g0 back....hahahahah
Cs

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  06:18:14 AM  Show Profile
Autumn, What does the fabric postcard kit look like? I cant even imagine all the fabric that must have been there. Any new items coming out that are a must have?
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  06:47:19 AM  Show Profile
hmmmm....

Kati....glad you like the outfit. Carmen loves it. My mother hated AG dols, so my sisters and I have none. It never bothered me, but apparently my sisters really had a hard time with it. So, when my daughter started showing interest about 18 months ago, I kind of blew it off. My sisters both let me know that I needed to reconsider. My sister apparently had all the catalogs from when she was a kid that she had gotten from her friends and she had them still in a box. She got them out to show me and there were all the things she had wanted circled and marked birthday or christmas, etc. She never got one thing, so I decided I should give them a try. Let me tell you...I am the one who has turned into a doll person after never playing with one as a child.

It turns out that Kirsten is from the same period our house was built, so we started with her and her story...my daughter loves her!!!! LOVES!!!!! So naturally she would be her for Halloween, and now everyday since. She doesn't know it, but Josefina is for Christmas...I am going to try to make her meet outfit, too...but I am not sure she will love her as much as Kirsten.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  06:48:26 AM  Show Profile
Carol Sue...this is so disturbing to me! That box is just not meant to be yours for jeez o pete! I have no idea!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  10:05:36 AM  Show Profile
*Bonne* I updated my blog....haha...yes...*finally*
pictures of things I've sewn..not much today, but I'll tr to post more later..

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  10:44:03 AM  Show Profile
Carol, when did you mail out the box? I found that starting in October, that packages that were shipped either first class, parcel post, or media mail, took 3 times the normal for delivery. Since I sell on Ebay, I have had problems starting in October every year. One year, I sent packages either first class or parcel post that took 4 weeks to get delivered.

www.countrynmore.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  11:04:57 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sharon...this particular box has a long history. I am actually the one mailing it! It started out as an envelope, that never showed up at Carol Sue's. So, it became a package full of other stuff, too. I have had it returned to me once already...turns out I had wrong address. Got what I hope is the correct address from Bev. Mailed again. I am not sure what day, but has been a substancial amount of time. I mailed packages to Florida, New York, and California on the same day...all of those people have gotten their packages and have had them for atleast a few days! For some reason Carol Sue and I cannot correspond via email either on our own or through the farm. why...we do not know. But she can erad my comments on her new blog we have found. Furthermore, I have had crummy phones for awhile that hang up on people, and I have gotten new ones, so I no longer have her phone number in my phone directory. But...I did just get her phone number from Kathie, so now I can atleast call her later on. Anyway...we are having correspondence issues that are coming from every direction so it seems. OKay...that is the short of it!
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  11:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Oh my, sounds like people are already mailing Christmas packages and it slows all the PO's things down. No excuse for the PO to do that bad of a job.
Hope it arrives for ya soon!

Quilting...sewing..reading...posting...swapping. I LOVE being a FARMGIRL!
Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  11:21:46 AM  Show Profile
yes....i should have sent it dhl, but that was not where i was going that day, but my dhl's always arrive on time!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  11:36:19 AM  Show Profile
Hey Jessie, w0ndered why y0u hadn't called, that is t00 funny, th0se drat it ph0nes. My M0m just went thr0ugh the exact same thing, she had t0 call my br0ther f0r my ph0ne number and that was just yesterday. N0 w0rries, th0se states ususally get it quicker than we d0, I can be patient.....hmmmm makes me curi0us th0ughh, n0 hints huh,.....drat...hahahahahaha

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  11:43:09 AM  Show Profile
Jess, I l0ve that y0u did Ag 0utfit, my grands l0ve and I mean l0ve the AG's d0lls, they have the babies, which are getting apr0ns f0r Christmas that match theirs that I have t0 make yet. A request fr0m the grands, they l0ve Emily and Kristina, f0r their next birthday they get a full sized d0ll. Shhhh, they d0n't kn0w that...every time the catal0gue c0mes in, y0u can't get it 0ut 0f their hands!!!!!! They have s0me 0f the b00ks as well. Hmmmm an 0utfit and y0u c0uld make them....hmmmmmm

Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  11:54:23 AM  Show Profile
No AG's in my household (of boys), but I did buy me some Barbies and Bratz dolls at the
thrift store, just for me! LOL Oh, and they have bf's too. GI Joe type guys.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ Blog
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html Soap
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  11:55:39 AM  Show Profile
which outfits do you want, cs? i can make it for them, but you will have to come here to get it from me...the postal system hates us!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  11:56:40 AM  Show Profile
which one is kristina?
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  12:29:53 PM  Show Profile
Here is a wool and burlap table decoration I made last week.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  12:53:01 PM  Show Profile
oh that is so cute sheryl lyn...i love the little ornament you made for the swap..i got the black cat one! you do great work girl! I think i will leave it up all yr, it is one the wall in my new very unorganized sewing room, right next to my machine..i just think it is grand!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  1:29:46 PM  Show Profile
You are so sweet Jess! After all the sewing you did this past month, I figured I had better stop slacking! Finally, I think I am back to normal now and will be sewing every day again. I could NOT get into the groove this year after going back to work. My lovely daughter cleaned the whole house on Friday in anticipation of a new friend coming over, so that left me all day Saturday to sew and sew. That's when I did the quilting on the special quilt we all made. What a difference a day without cleaning made, huh? I gave her money to buy a new coat since I was so happy.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  1:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Ok, Sharon.....If I read it right (and I had a lot of reading to do to catch up!) you said you have to move out of your sewing room. I would like to offer you my sewing room for your fabric to come and live. That way, they wouldn't feel sad being all packed up and I could sit and look at them all day long!!!! I promise, I would only look!!!! LOL

Visit my workshop at: www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  1:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Sheryl-lyn......that is the felt cut outs that you sent to me....tooo cute! and I did not get mine made on time.....they will be for next year, instead. I am getting a little backed up in projects right now....and Christmas is coming....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit my workshop at: www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  1:33:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh, you wench Jess!! I NEED the black cat one, as I have 2 black cats!! I got a
pumpkin with a ghostie, and it's going to stay up all year 'round too.It's hanging from a hook in the archway between living and dining rms.

I'm loving this table setting too! Ravens are messengers of magic.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ Blog
http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/soap.html Soap
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page