Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic
Page: of 598

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  11:08:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hi all....I thought in all fairness to everyone else on the stitching forum that we should start anew. We were taking up a little too much space on the first page....seemed unfair. So....as before...post your aprons and sewing projects here....also anything else you might have on your mind......express yourself!!!

We are in the process of laying down a foundation for our new "No Borders" farmgirl chapter. You might need to read the last few pages of the old apron thread to catch up on this subject. We are trying to decide upon a name..... see later in this thread for suggestions.

Elizabeth (BotanicalBath)
Naomi Michelle (Naomi Michelle)
Tina Michelle (Tina Michelle)
Carol Sue (Carol Sue)
Georgann (Aunt George)
Denise (Levisgrammy)
Linda (Yarnmamma)
Kathie (kathie)
(Nashbabe)....I need your name and address, please....e-mail me
Stephanie (Queenofdreams4U)
Jess (Smoothiejuice)
Katie(Katie-Ell)...
(Leezard)....
Sheryl-lyn (Sewgirlie)
Bonne (Bonne)
Sarah (Mustang Suzie)
Debi (Mima)
Bev (Bee Haven Maven)
Jo (Aunt Jo)
Autumn (Deep South Mamma)
Sharon (Countrynmore)
Sunshine
Grace (Katmom) I need your full name and address...email me.
Alee (Alee)
Julia (BlueApple)
Cheryl (Cheryl)
(Sarah J)
Kathy (ktknits)
Heather (PlumCreekMamma)
Cheryl (cw246)

There are lots of ideas for names.....we will be voting on a name by next Saturday (Sept. 29,2007)

Hope to see you all here soon.

Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Sep 24 2007 04:59:02 AM

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  11:37:50 AM  Show Profile
Boy, It's going to take a while to get used to such a short thread....haha...

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  12:05:14 PM  Show Profile
oops...missed you by about 20 minutes...this is what I posted over on your other topic before I realized you had already begun another topic.

Bev,

I was really hoping we could come up with a unique play on words for the chapter name...I've thought of another one..

"Bee Stitching"

I guess you read about layering the bee graphic with a machine graphic for the patch, websites and blog banners, sigtags, etc???? What did you think of that?

Also, since I don't and I know some of the others here and future visitors do not sew aprons exclusively...

I am hoping the next topic title is at least named "Aprons And More......" so whoever visits and wants to share their work can feel comfortable doing so without it being an apron. Oh well, if not, when the chapter topic is started it will be wide open...plus will probably encourage ladies to join the chapter topic...

Although obviously any lady that's picked up a Mary Jane's magazine or surfed the net has seen the huge popularity of the Apron so that is almost a given and you can mention all the stuff that the members make in your opening post and can always edit it to keep it current so visitors see what we are up to

I also think that the topic that is started for our chapter should be "authored" by our "chapter name". That way the topic will represent all of us as a group. So it's just a simple matter of signing up for a new member account and use the chapter name as the "screenname" and you will use it when posting about new projects, accomplishments, involvements, etc....that way all that important information for the members will always stand out in the replies

It will be fun to endorse all the members as they join and keep it updated at the chapter topic. I just see a chapter as multi-faceted...as you do..

As usual I am long winded and have probably said too much. I see great things, much empowerment for women with their budding aspirations, established businesses and for women that are enjoying the calm days of their lives.

Now that I've rambled on and on and on......

Let me know what y'all think....

((((Only Sweet Honorable Intentions)))) vibing from here!!!!

Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Sep 22 2007 12:12:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  12:21:57 PM  Show Profile
I like the name Sewing Bees, Bev. You are doing a great job of pulling this all together.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  12:23:00 PM  Show Profile
Whooo hooo!! new thread. Has anyone sewn this pattern b/4? The apron is so kind of hidden in the pic, you may not even know there's an apron, but the pattern is really cute even if you don't do the patchwork design on the bib and do it plain. I'm not crazy about the ruffles along the bib, but overall I really like the design. Simplicity #3979

http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/spiritspace.htmlSoap
http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/Blog
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  1:29:44 PM  Show Profile
I love that pattern! I almost like it better (especially the ruffles) than the one I have been thinking of doing:

McCalls 3068

It has an apron pattern too, but since it is a "one-size" pattern, I am wondering if I will have to alter the pattern to fit my size-22 body, which is one-size, but probably not the one they were thinking of.

I really like the style apron in the picture.

P.S I'm glad you change the topic, it was too depressing to look at all those high numbers and know I was lost back on page 138...

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow

Edited by - brightmeadow on Sep 22 2007 1:34:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  1:29:55 PM  Show Profile
Great new thread. I am relieved to be starting over quite frankly! Whew, I felt like every day I was missing more and more and this is like a clean slate. I try to read this at work, but our bosses monitor the computers all day and night! Honest!

Bonne: That is a great pattern set. Love the apron. I am working on catching up on projects, but aprons are coming again to my world soon.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  1:31:30 PM  Show Profile
Also, I love the Sewing bees! Great mental image of a group of bees sitting around doing various sewing projects while having tea with honey.
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  1:37:14 PM  Show Profile
FINALLY!! A booklet to shortcuts!!! (even talks about bias tape!)

http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollections/Trade-Literature/Sewing-Machines/NMAHTEX/0141/index.htm

Go to Top of Page

AuntJo
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Jo
Oklahoma
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  1:54:49 PM  Show Profile
Is it too late for me to join the "No Borders" farmgirl chapter? What a great idea.

Aunt Jo to 24 nieces and nephews and counting
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  2:03:01 PM  Show Profile
I love Bee Stitiching- just in case ya missed it on the old page.
Put my name in for the Chapter!
Blessings
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  2:06:27 PM  Show Profile
I Love the Redwork apron pattern! I've got a pattern I'll trade someone for that one.
Ill try to get a pic of the one Ill trade. It's the old-criss cross strap thing- brand new and I didnt like making it.
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  3:08:14 PM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
I love the red work pattern. Ok, are yall ready for a laugh? lol I have been searching my house high and low for apron patterns that I just knew I had, but could not find for anything. Finally I moved the box that I have been digging in for weeks thinking they were inside, and the patterns were sitting underneath the box! duh!! lol@me

[size=1]Blessings....
Sarah

Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  3:12:22 PM  Show Profile
LOVE both of those patterns....I think I'll pick them both up at the store.

Very glad we have a new thread started, the old one was pushing everything else off of the board...kind of felt guilty pushing everything else off!! Oh, and welcome AuntJo.....so glad you want to join the Sewing Bees or Bee Sewing or what ever the final Bee's without Borders is finally named!!

Oh, one thing about my treadle!!! Yes, you heard me right, my treadle!!! My sister still has it, but I got her to read me the model number on the phone today and guess what????!!!! It is a 1916 to 1918 Singer Red Eye, in near perfect condition!!!! Not one bit of rust on it, and my sis says that the gold leaf is shiny and beautiful and it comes with all kinds of goodies in the six drawers!! I think she is going to ship it to me in December. I told her I'd be glade to pay for the shipping!! I'm so excited. I lost a bid on a pretty beat up one on Ebay, but that is ok. The guy I work with is going to let me have one of his many treadles too. He is going to take a photo of all of them and let me pick which ever one I want!! Woo Hoo....finally treadling along...well, almost!

One last thought. Did some little sewing bee out there want that Queen size black cotton/poly heirloom quilt batting. It is brand new...............I don't quilt, so it is up for whomever wants it!!

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://thefabricho.blogspot.com/
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  3:22:07 PM  Show Profile
I love the redwork pattern -- checked McCalls site -- it's out of print. So off to ebay -- found and BOUGHT IT! So glad -- it has transfer patterns, too, as well as the apron, tablecloth, etc. etc.

Aunt george -- your treadle sounds so fabulous!! Love the Red Eye.

RE: name of the new farmgirl chapter. . . Aunt George wrote
Bees Without Borders and that tickles my funny bone. Sort of like Doctors Without Borders. Ha!

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  3:49:50 PM  Show Profile
Yes, for the sake of convenience in keeping up it's nice to have the new topic started but uuuhhh..there's 15 topics listed per page in each section of the forum regardless of the number of pages within each individual topic...no one was getting pushed off the first page of the Stitching & Crafting Room because of it...only number 16 adjusts over to the following page til it's bumped up again.

Natually popularity of topics and wanting to keep topics updated are the ones that stay on the first page all the time...jeesh, that all may have been confusing..sorry if it was!

Just a little techie info from this retro-techo-fairy lady...LOL....

Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  3:53:52 PM  Show Profile
Bonne,
I love the bib on the apron in the simplicity 3979 pattern..made me think of the "rays of the sun".

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  3:57:23 PM  Show Profile
Sarah: I can relate to that. I have so much stuff for sewing and when I need something, it is usually not there! Until I look again and there it was!
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  4:08:07 PM  Show Profile
Yeab, Yipee, I found it.

www.countrynmore.com
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfabrics4u23
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  4:22:21 PM  Show Profile
I made the Simplicity sunburst apron (3979) sans the bib exactly using pattern dimensions. The waistband portion is quite small, FYI, so next time I'm thinking of cutting the waistband wider and also widening the skirt portion on top. Be cute on a size 8 or so, but I'd like a bit more coverage.
The skirt falls in attractive folds though~lots of material there.

Edited by - Bonne on Sep 22 2007 4:45:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  4:50:22 PM  Show Profile
That is soo cute bonne!

~Naomi~

Go to Top of Page

AuntJo
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Jo
Oklahoma
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  4:58:09 PM  Show Profile
Bonne, that's one cute apron.

I'm working on aprons for the kids and my silly machine is being nuts so I just quit for a while. I like mechanical things as long as they work without me having to work on them. That's what I like about my treadle. No problems or fuss. Just straight stitching.

Edit: It seems I can't spell today.

Aunt Jo to 24 nieces and nephews and counting

Edited by - AuntJo on Sep 22 2007 4:58:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  5:01:32 PM  Show Profile
Naomi, did you see Georgann mention about the quilt batting in her previous post here?
Something you could use, hmmm??

Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  5:34:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Bonne, I had missed that...I do have a couple quilts to make up..I should actually start tonight...after I finish grandmas towels...almost done except for buttons and button holes...HURRAH!

~Naomi~

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  6:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Bonne....I like that apron the best so far of any on this new thread...LOL, no seriously, it is really cute! The patterns are great, too.

I have listed everyone on the first page...check it out!

Welcome to any and all who want to join us....we have quite a few so far and that is wonderful.

Now, here is a list of names submitted so far for consideration. I personally will say that I like including the bee as part of the name because of all it stands for...if you don't remember,go back and read the last few pages of the previous thread.

So here they are so far and I will add more as I find them back there..... Let's have a name chosen by next Saturday....one week...I think that is plenty of time.

Bee Stitching
Bees without Borders
Sewing Bees
Queen Bees....I think we decided not to steal MaryJane's forum name, tho....
Heart of the Bee
Busy Bees
Haven Nation
Apronettes
Bees without Borders
Bee Clan
Simply Bee
Clan of the Treadle
iBees
Pirates of the High Noon Tea (ok I am laughing here....sorry E!)
Apron Apiary
Apron Bees
Bees Apron Hive
Apronbeelicious
Bee Sisters Apron Apiary
Aproniary

Visit our farm at: www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Aprons and other fun things for sale at: www.honeybeez.etsy.com

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Sep 22 2007 6:26:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2007 :  6:09:20 PM  Show Profile
Aunt George, emailed you about the batting.
I love both shooot, there went my brain, Bee Okay, the last 2 names with Bees in them. I cannot believe how quickly I can forget right now.
OHHHHHHHh girlsss, guess what Firemama found when we went on a small adventure to Buggy Barn today. Of coarse some great embroidery patterns, and this Pumpkin tree pattern that I oggglleeed over and more of coarse. Then we went to Ben Franklins to get some muslin and what does Amanda find but this quilt pattern that are all apron squares in the old fashioned aprons. I thought I was gonna die!!!!!!!!! It is on hole and we are going to use it for our chapter here. When we get it we will have to take a picture. I was practically doing a dance in the aisle. Then we came back here, she borrowed my light box and traced like crazy. That girl is fast and what fun it was having her here. Just layed back and relaxed and laughing. What could be better than that.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for starting another thread, I have way way slow phone line and so new page helps. Doesn't take as long. Bless you for doing that.....
Jess, hpe you are enjoying your Italian family. Good for you.
Still here girls, hanging in and taking pain meds, so I get ahead of it and not behind it, hooooohummmmm. Fighting with sewing machine trying to finish purse bag. It thinks it keeps needing to break my thread, I am yelling at it and informing it that that isn't necessary. Will it listen.....not yet, but soon. I may have to threaten the machine......LOL
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 598 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic New Apron(and more) Sew-a-long...cont. from before Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page