Page: of 3

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2005 :  11:51:26 PM  Show Profile
It always makes me wonder, what is behind the screen names people choose. I guess a name such as, sex69, is pretty obvious :)
Why have you sisters chosen what you have?
Why dont we use our real names?

For me: I am happy and bubbly type person. Also so a Pieces, so, fish and bubbles.

A great oak, is just a little nut which held it's ground.

Edited by - bubblesnz on Jul 31 2005 11:52:25 PM

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  05:54:15 AM  Show Profile
Helen, I always want to read your screen name as bubblesnooze. I forget that the nz is for New Zealand! For the longest time, I wondered what bubblesnooze was, but thought it was a cute name that made me smile!

I chose mine because JP are my initials, and the image of a clear, expansive blue sky above the plains of the mid-west brings me a great sense of joy and peace. I am thinking of changing it to just bluesky.

For most, using a screen name that is not their own is an identity safety net, plus it also gives us a little peek into personality.

By the way, I love your bit of wisdom about the little nut growing into a great oak. That is wonderful!

jpbluesky
Heartland girl

Edited by - jpbluesky on Aug 01 2005 05:57:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  06:20:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi Helen, that is a good question. I choose "westernhorse" because I love riding horses and western style is my favorite. I feel so free. The "51" is the year I was born. I always end my messages with my first name which is Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". Prov. 31:13
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  06:34:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi Helen!

I always think of you as bubble snooze too. It's cute.

I choose "thehouseminder" because I am a professional pet sitter. I also have a "real job" but pet sitting is my mission. I got started when I was getting a divorce, going back to school, and starving like a rat. Now, even though I could afford to quit, I won't. I love that I can provide an alternative to a kennel and provide extra special care to elderly or very sensitive pets. Every one of their owners has also become a special friend. I take care of everything from mice, gerbils, and guppies to exotic birds and horses. Of course most of my little friends are cats and dogs.

The down side of this is that I get attached to them all (well, maybe not the guppies) and when they pass away, of course, it hurts.
But, I think it is well worth it. My clients count on me and know that if they have a family emergency or a last minute business trip, they don't have to worry about their pets.

Lucinda

Who loves a garden still his Eden keeps, Perennial pleasures plants, and wholesome harvest reaps. ---Bronson Alcott

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  07:10:48 AM  Show Profile
I chose Aunt Jenny since for a long time I just had the two kids and did day care in my home and the kids called me Aunt Jenny...I have alot of nieces and nephews too, and it always felt comfortable. It just felt right.

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  07:34:14 AM  Show Profile
hi all, i choose verbina because i like the flower. but im still randi from jersey
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  08:01:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Our 20 twenty chickens and their antics seem to be an endless source of fascination with my teenage boy's friends and my daughter's college roomates.
Seeing blue/green auracana eggs lying in the grass or in an egg carton has blown more than a few of those young minds!
Once, during college spring break, the roomies came by and one of them greeted me with a "hey, there's the blue egg babe!".
I thought it was so cute and it stuck....(and I don't know how much longer somebody might call me a "Babe")I'll take it while I can!
It also makes a fun signoff on my mailart cards.
Great question, bubblesnz..

Sue

"If more of us valued good food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  08:03:40 AM  Show Profile
Mine is a nickname one of the cousins gave me. Long ago when we were kids, my Grandfather said as I came in to the room"Ah , there's our Irish Rose " and one of my cousins who I was having a war of the wills with that weekend said "Rose? Ha! She's more like a bramble!"
It stuck for awhile, now he is the only one that still calls me that.

This was my first "chat" forum and I wanted to be safe and not expose myself to anthing that could potentially be a problem.
It's funny , when I read your first few posts I thought "Bubblesnz"
was " bubbles and snitz" possibly the New Zealand version of "bubbles and squeak"?! I remember thinking "Boy, she must really like breakfast
I know, I know... my imagination has run away yet again!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  08:45:00 AM  Show Profile
I chose my name because I love anything done in the cottage style, all things rustic and well used (like me - HA!), and because that's the name of my business.

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  08:55:52 AM  Show Profile
I chose my name because it was the name of the shop I owned. We had to close and then shortly moved to where we are now, so I kept the name and now it's LaMarguerite farm. LaMarguerite is french for daisy. As it turns out, we have a lot of wild daisies around here. I just love them, they're so cheery!!!

Missy

"Show me you're garden and I shall tell you what you are."
-Alfred Austin 1905
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  09:44:06 AM  Show Profile
Well Sqrl is what my husband calls me. I'm not exactly sure how I got that name. But it stuck. I call him Bunsen or professor Bunsen or just Bee. I am very much like Squirrel through always putting away and preparing. And he is very much like a bee industrious and A LOT of energy. I have my own icon though, I'll have to post it. You see, Andrew is an artist so he had drawn many "Sqrls", super Sqrl, flying Sqrl, diving Sqrl actualy I think there is a few different flying Sqrls. There you have it.

Blessed Be

www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  10:20:49 AM  Show Profile
I guess I had no imagination when I signed up, because my member name is my name. I have such a time remembering all my passwords for signing in to different things, that I guess I just figured, heck... I'll just be me and that I cannot forget!!

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****
Go to Top of Page

PinkParisPixie
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Ally
Austin Texas
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  11:24:06 AM  Show Profile
I just took my favorite color (pink), my favorite city (Paris), and my favorite mythical creature (a pixie)...since I love gardening I figured that the pixie idea would fit in nicely.

www.magiccoffeekitten.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

little feather
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Tawnya
Walnut Creek California
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  12:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Send little feather a Yahoo! Message
The very last time that I was involved with a group of "girls", we all had nick names. I was "little feather", little because I'm so sort, 4'11", feather because they are always drawn to me, or vice versa. If there is a feather flying through the air and I'm anywhere around it- it will find it's way to me. So- I thought it would be nice to feel that closeness starting right off the bat with MJ's group of "girls".

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  6:20:28 PM  Show Profile
Helen, You choose the perfect name to suit ya! I think of the blue ocean coming into the beaches of New Zealand bubbling on the shoreline, and you are a bubbly happy soul!!! I choose MeadowLark because it is the first bird here to announce to this prairie winter that spring has sprung!!! His mating call is sweet and urgent and joyful. He is partially a golden yellow like the Kansas sun and wheat, and our state bird. I have always loved birds. Used to paint those plastic model birds from kits as a little nerdy kid, the meadowlark has always been my favorite of all.

The flowers flee from Autumn, but not you-
You are the fearless rose that grows amidst the freezing wind. Rumi
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  6:28:48 PM  Show Profile
I chose mine because of my business, MollyMae Quilts

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  6:29:39 PM  Show Profile
MeadowLark -- Whenever I see your name I think of one of my favorite movies by the same name. All of the "Sarah, Plain and Tall" movies are my favorites! But I like MeadowLark the best!

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  6:36:11 PM  Show Profile
I did not know there was a movie called Meadowlark? I saw a movie with Glenn Close several years ago called "Sky Lark" I believe...Maybe I am confused...I spent the whole day moving my eldest daughter into a new apt. in 106 degree heat...I am a little "fuzzy" right now...

Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  6:46:46 PM  Show Profile
I went with my email name, sleeplessreader...(guess who's going through menopause?!?!) I suppose it could have been sleeplessdishwasher, sleeplesslaundress, or sleeplesshousekeeper too! And Blue Egg Babe, my mom's nickname has been "Babe" since she was born, almost 80 years ago!
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  9:41:01 PM  Show Profile
Whimsy_girl is what I chose as a screen name back when I was in High school, and I just kept it for everything...I was really into random acts of kindness..I was also really bouncy and happy, and Holy cow my old apartment when I was out on my own was insane! Very ecclectic and whimsical... beaded curtains and a huge butterfly kite with a 9 ft wingspan hung over my bed, and I had a bunch of those corny dollar store plastic cows and sheep and goats and stuff on a shelf in the kitchen with this matted funky sign I made that just said "my Farm" hanging over them.... I was weird but I called it Whimsical because it sounded better I guess :)

I still do things on whim but not quite as much as I used to, with 2 babies in the house now it's harder to just get up and run. I figure eventually I'll get back to my spontainious self, and in the meantime I'm keeping my old screen name as a reminder that I was funky and fun once! :)

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive. James Stewart in the movie HARVEY
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  10:00:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh you're right -- it is Skylark! I'm the one that's fuzzy -- with old age!! I knew it was something with a Lark in it!

--Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2005 :  10:27:29 PM  Show Profile
Wasn't there a song called Sky lark by Barbara Streisand? Or was it the name of a band from the 70's ? Think I need to get some shut eye!!!

Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  02:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I am TheSoapMaven because I make soap almost everyday and one day my husband came in and asked "How's my little soap maven?" Maven is Yiddish for expert - not saying I am but he thinks so!Ü

Almost everywhere else I am NotQuiteJuneCleaver. For obvious reasons!!!

Blessings & Bliss!.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-~Susan~
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Wife, Mother, Natural Woman, Savonnière, Writer, Baker, Gardener.
Wife to Jerry for 27+ years
Mom to Zach, Gesikah, Nathan, Hannah, Rachel and Benjamin
Yetta to Sam

Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks
http://www.thesoapmaven.com

"It's no bad thing to celebrate a simple life" ~ Bilbo Baggins

Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  05:17:56 AM  Show Profile
What cool stories! I'm CelticCoyote almost everywhere I go online. The Coyote part is due to the name I was given on the rez in AZ (and besides, Coyote is the most clever & cunning, & I like that), and the Celtic part is for my much-adored husband, who is verrry Irish.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  10:31:13 AM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!

I selected Connio because it is a name that I use when I am being silly with my friends, especially my Latina friends. They insisted that I needed a nickname so one day I said, " You can call me Connio or Consuelo or Conchita" Connio stuck for whatever reason, but in my daily life, I am Connie. Connio does remind me that I should take a little time each day just to be silly.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  12:55:09 PM  Show Profile
I have chosen songbird because for as long as I can remember I have awakened with the birds and listened to their joyous song greeting the new day. That is what I want to be for everybody. A Songbird singing joy into your life, reminding you each day is a new start on a wonderful new adventure through one more day on this big blue planet we call home.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Why the name?? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page