Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Winter Theme 12 1/2 inch QuiltBlockSwap *FULL*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Theme 12 1/2 inch QuiltBlockSwap *FULL* Next Topic
Page: of 13

carycamille
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Camille
Cathlamet Washington
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  4:33:19 PM  Show Profile
I've got mine all finished a couple of weeks ago, but I still need to mail them in.

Camille

www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/14088
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  4:57:55 PM  Show Profile
Still plugging away. Just when I think I'm going to spend sometime on them something happens and I don't. I still have 6 more to finish and I know I can get them done before our deadline. I do a little whenever I can and they seem to be turning out well.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  09:05:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
My blocks are done! Yay!!! They are very simple, nothing fancy, but I didn't want to overwhelm myself first time and all. I have other things in lmbo that I needed to get to also. Busy, busy! :). Anyway, I'm off to pack them up and get an address as to where I am sending these. Have fun ladies!

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  09:07:37 AM  Show Profile
i love your knitting basket tammy
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  1:54:16 PM  Show Profile
I got most of mine cut last night. I did not like the combination of colors I was originally using, so I had to wait to come home before I started cutting in earnest. All I needed was another light color and it looks good.
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  10:48:47 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,
I have been super busy these past two weeks. I have very little time on the computer for fun. At home there is just so much more that I need to do. I am kind of spreading myself a little thin. But its lunch time and I am at my desk today!!
Because I don’t know when I will have time again, I want to wish all of you a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving.
As you all are finally sitting at your dinner tables on Thanksgiving Day, take a moment to just look around, check out the smiles and laughing eyes of your family and friends. All the delicious foods and drinks that you have prepared and or are about to devour.
And remember just how much we all should be thankful of. I know a few of you out there have had troubles of your own. May God bless you all.
It has been one heck of a year for me and my family. And I am more thankful then ever for every day we have together.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Kathy H
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  1:08:30 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Kathy...same to you and everyone else on here!
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  11:18:06 AM  Show Profile
FINALLY, Mine are finished... I worked on them for about 2 full days and 3 nights till 2 AM! I did a bear paw pattern... but I ran out of my first choice and 2nd choice fabrics as I was working, so there are variations of 3 different groups of fabric... I hope that's okay... since everyone receives only one from me, I didn't think it would matter. Kathy, I sent you an email... I need your mailing address so I can get these out to you! Can't wait to see everyone else's! Blessings and Peace to all of you this Thanksgiving holiday!!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2007 :  2:38:27 PM  Show Profile
Kathy and everyone,
May God bless each of you with so much to be thankful for today and in the coming year.
Hugs,
Denise

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  07:40:05 AM  Show Profile
Mine are going in the mail today... thought I'd post a picture of them before sending off... have never done this, hope it works...
[URL=http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2005596719505761363][/URL]

Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  07:45:19 AM  Show Profile
Great! it worked!!! Hope you all like my blocks. The ones with the blue have a holly print (this was my first choice of fabric) when I ran out of that, I went to the next row, this main fabric is a Thimbleberries print of winter scene type postcard pictures, when I ran out of that, I moved on the the pointsettia and green and gold scroll fabrics in the last row. This was my 2nd ever attempt at piecing quilt blocks (my first was a wallhanging for my bedroom), so I hope that they are up to par with the blocks from the rest of the group!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  08:17:13 AM  Show Profile
those are beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  08:30:30 AM  Show Profile
Beth, they are very nice indeed, good job.
Corinne
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  2:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Beth, the block are georgeous..thanks for posting the pic for us! Love them!

Reading, posting, sewing ...all day long..la la la
I LOVE being a FARMGIRL!
Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  4:31:04 PM  Show Profile
Beth, Very pretty!
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  5:29:41 PM  Show Profile
Beth,
Those are so pretty. I am finishing mine up. Just when I think I'm going get them done something comes up....oh well. Hopefully I can finish tonight and get some pics posted tomorrow.

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  6:44:59 PM  Show Profile
Those look great Beth! Cannot wait to see them in person. Mine will be variations of the same color theme, not all exactly the same either. They will all look wonderful together!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  8:09:16 PM  Show Profile
I mailed out my blocks today.
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  07:48:53 AM  Show Profile
I am stitching my blocks today. I hope to get most of them done by tonight. So far it's coming along nicely. Since I am having dinner at my house today with very little company, there is no stress. This means that I can sew a little while my uncle is here watching football!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  09:39:51 AM  Show Profile
My blocks are done! I sat by the woodstove doing them and it went by so fast and I was not too cold (the dining room is colder than the living room since we rarely have the heat on). I hope you like them. I chose a different block than I had originally planned and they will look great with the ones we have seen already.
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  2:18:44 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies!!
I hope you all had a nice thanksgiving. I went to my sister-in-laws. It was nice.
Well, I received two sets of blocks! Wow they look great. Thank you for everything Cherl and Beth. You are both very generous.
Today my brother-in-law and is son came over to remove the old insulation and put down new in our attic. Earlier this year we had a new roof put on the house and we just now got around to finishing up before winter. It was between 34 and 40 degrees today. Brrrrr. Winter is just around the corner. And here in New Jersey we never know what to expect.
Everyone have a great weekend!

Kathy H
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9394 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9394 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  3:45:12 PM  Show Profile
You're right Kathy, we woke up to frost this morning and just last week it was in the 70's.
High in the 30's today. But it gets me in the mood to do things for Christmas when it's colder.

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  4:49:29 PM  Show Profile
I mailed my blocks out today. I realized that I did not label them with my name, so I will eventually place a picture on this thread so everyone knows which one I did. Ok? Looking forward to seeing them all. I already got fabric to make sashing and borders so I can make it as soon as I get them. I thought my husband would love it for his couch. I cannot wait!!
Go to Top of Page

carycamille
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Camille
Cathlamet Washington
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  5:09:00 PM  Show Profile
I mailed mine out today. I didn't like the first set after seeing the others so I made a second set. They look much better even though they are a simple nine patch. I didn't know how you wanted to do postage so I sent an extra package with postage on it for returning.

Camille

www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/14088
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  5:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I have a question. I was slowed down on my embroidery on these blocks because of a sick kid. I am still not able to embroider very well I had a small operation under my underarm that removed a piece of skin that was ruffly the size of a 25 cent piece and about 4mm thick which is causing me some problems at moving my arm well and embroidering. So my question is this I am going to be late no doubt about it. Do you want me to drop out or can I have about 2 weeks extra time to heal and be able to embroider. Other wise just drop me from the group and I will just keep my own blocks and not worry about the trade.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/

Edited by - sunshine on Nov 27 2007 6:21:07 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Theme 12 1/2 inch QuiltBlockSwap *FULL* Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page