True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  10:20:36 AM  Show Profile
(check my blog to see photos)

a beautiful autumn day here in kentucky .. and my thoughts turn to 'ordinary moments' in our lives .. the 'day to day' things we do .. what have YOU done today that is 'ordinary' .. but make up the very threads of the tapestry of your life? i have been unpacking from our trip to Toledo .. putting in their special little 'places' the 'goodies' i got at antiques shoppes .. sewing some 'autumn' pillows for the front porch rocking chairs (to replace summer's RED, WHITE and BLUE theme!) .. gave a quick little 'autumn coat of paint to the yard furniture and bird houses and feeders .. refilled the bird and humming bird feeders ... and i hand-washed and hung in the sun on the clothes line some pretty 'white aprons' that were hanging in my laundry room.) i'll share a few photos ... pleeeeeze e-mail me and let me know what you did today. xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Sep 18 2007 10:21:40 AM

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  5:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Wow, you have been busy!! How do you do it Frannie?? You have a great blog, by the way!

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  8:50:45 PM  Show Profile
Ordinary for me is getting dinner in the oven and then sitting on the back porch and talking with hubby as he comes back from taking a run. He wipes his brow with a towel and puts a fan on his face, and I rock in the wicker and we review the day. I love doing that.

Ordinary for me is washing the dishes, wiping the counters, and looking at our nice little kitchen as I walk out of it for the evening. I love doing that.

Ordinary is answering the phone and hearing my daughter ask if the kids can come for the day tomorrow. We will make a mess of the house, and I will clean it up in the late afternoon. I love doing that.

Ordinary for me is taking a walk up on the trail behind our house and spreading bread and leftovers for the birds and squirrels and raccoons and bunnies. If I feed them up there, they stay away from the porch. It is so wonderful to watch the sun through the trees, and say hello to others walking their pets. I love doing that.

Yesterday I went out of the house at 6:00 am and the stars were still so bright! It was still dark, but the birds were just beginning to chirp a little. I got the paper and stood on the drive for a long time. I love doing that.

I have decided to make as much of my life ordinary as possible. I love doing that.

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  05:55:32 AM  Show Profile
isn't it beautiful how 'the ordinary' is truly extra-ordinary .. when we just stop to think about it .. even washing laundry and hanging it on the line .. preparing meals for our family ... lovingly washing the dishes afterwards .. admiring our freshly scrubbed floor .. just sitting with a loved one (or by ourselves) and thinking of days past and days yet to come.

p.s. thanks sweet tammy for your kind comment on my blog .. it is such fun to write of 'ordinary' things. xo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ordinary Moments Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page