NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  06:51:49 AM  Show Profile
I don't know where to start really. My heart is breaking. It is the most painful thing to watch someone suffer, beg for death and yet linger on. My mom is in almost constant pain from her cancer. She is in the hospital now (70 miles north of here) and I am out the door again shortly to see to her for the afternoon. I am thinking she will be coming home soon with hospice. She doesnt want anymore tests, or trials or probing. She wants to be finished with this. That is something only G-d can give her. She has wonderful compassionate caregivers but they are at the end of what they can do for her.

I miss being on here and knowing what is happening with all of you. Someday I will be back.

http://www.notquitejunecleaver.com
There is immeasurable value in what I do. I won't ever believe otherwise.

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  07:01:16 AM  Show Profile
Oh Susan....I will sure be keeping your mom (and you too) in my prayers. I wish I could be there to help.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  07:31:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh I'm so sorry Susan!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  07:37:12 AM  Show Profile
Susan, you and your mom will be in my thoughts. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  07:58:53 AM  Show Profile
Susan, God Bless you and your Mom. I pray her suffering and yours will be over soon and that you both find peace.

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  09:13:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Susan, I am thinking of you and your mom, I hope you both find peace soon.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1796 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1796 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  09:38:56 AM  Show Profile
It is so hard to see a loved one suffer. I trained with hospice to do respite. They have a wonderful service and it helps both the patient and family so much to cope with the end of life. My heart goes out to you at this time. Do contact your local hospice. They can help everyone both mentally and physically. My prayers are with you.
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  10:19:49 AM  Show Profile
Dear Susan, my heart hurts for you and for your mom. I hope she can come home soon and be with you and your sweet family. My prayers are with you.

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  12:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Susan- I am so sorry that your mom has reached the point of suffering. I hope she can come back home with hospice care. You are such a sweet and loving person- She is very lucky to have such a wonderful daughter. *hugs*

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  12:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Susan you and Mother are in my thoughts and prayers. What a painful experience for the both of you. Know you are loved here.

Hugs, Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~est. 1971
"Sisters on the Fly"
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  1:25:08 PM  Show Profile
Susan- I hope that your mom will be able to find the peace she is searching for soon. I think that it is one of the hardest things to have watch a loved one suffer like your mother. (((hugs))) to both of you. You will be in my prayers.

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  7:37:44 PM  Show Profile
Susan,
There are no words...((((((HUGS))))))
If there is hospice help, it really does help.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  7:41:12 PM  Show Profile
Susan,
So sorry to hear your Mom is suffering with this. Keeping you both in prayer.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  7:46:07 PM  Show Profile
Love you little Sister..

Kiss your mother for me please..

Always here for you..
Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  9:42:49 PM  Show Profile
Susan,
My love and prayers are with you and your mom.
I truly believe that we have the power to control our life and death. Example: my mother was a very independent woman all her life. I always called her "one of the first liberated women." She left her small town in Pennsylvania, went to business school in Philadelphia and then got a secretarial job in New York City. When the war broke out, she joined the WAVES. She stayed in after the war, until she married my dad in 1950, at which time she was required to leave the WAVES. In any event, after a 42 year marriage with my dad, she started to have little strokes that impacted her ability to maintain equilibrium, and stand/walk - that would put her in a wheelchair. I submit that within a week of her third "serious fall," when my father ordered a wheelchair from their insurance for her...she got the wheelchair on a Friday and died the next Monday. Now...my father had her on a monitor, so he could always hear her if she was in the bedroom and he was in the front room. The morning she died, he checked on her several times, and as she was sleeping peacefully, he took a shower, and when he got out of the shower and dressed, she wasn't breathing. I submit that she CHOSE to make her final exit when he was otherwise engaged, and couldn't hear the monitor - because - she did not want to be in a wheelchair and dependent on someone, even or maybe especially the man she loved. She was an independent woman.

My dad hung on for almost 11 years after my mom died. He made comments that he would like to be "with momma" and missed her so. At one point, all four of my siblings and I gave him permission to "go to momma" if that is what he wanted. We told him we loved him, and knew he was in pain, and that if he wanted to go to her, it would be all right.
If your dear mother is truly begging for release, I submit that if everyone she loves gives her permission to go, then she will be free to transition to her new life. Sometimes our dear ones hold on because someone is not ready to let go...for whatever reason.
Because my mother and father had (what I consider) peaceful passings, I only hope and pray that your dear mother can enjoy the same, and that you and your family are able to release her to a pain-free existence, and sustain yourselves with your precious memories of her.

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2007 :  6:03:36 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all. They are really giving her so much pain medication. I am surprised they will send her home but I suppose there is nothing else they can do. Things around here are about to change. I hope I am up to it.

http://www.notquitejunecleaver.com
There is immeasurable value in what I do. I won't ever believe otherwise.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2007 :  8:08:23 PM  Show Profile
Susan - my mother has helped several family members, including her father, in the way that you are helping your mother - at her home, with hospice assistance. It is difficult AND you are up to it AND you will never regret doing it - I feel comfortable saying never, ever, from watching the strength of character and peace my own mother has from knowing that she did, truly, all she could for those she loved. You are a strong and wise daughter and mother yourself - and I'm sending you my biggest farmgirl hug and thinking of you and your mom. Love...

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2007 :  11:16:25 PM  Show Profile
Susan -- my heart just aches for what you are going through with your mother. I went through this with my dad and it is a hard thing to watch. Sending hugs your way!

http://therusticcottage.wordpress.com

Visit my Etsy Shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2007 :  08:13:01 AM  Show Profile
Susan, you are most definitely up to the task. It's rare when a daughters has the chance, although most of us would always be willing, to "pay back" our mother with the loving care she gave us in our first days on earth, so coming around full circle, you will be allowing her last days to be spent surrounded by the warmth and love of her family. Best wishes and hugs go out to you and your mother.

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Update on my mom Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page