Tinaleigh
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Tina
Elko Nevada
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  11:42:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, I canned some spicy pickled green beans the other day and I did two batches, one I water bathed the other I didn't. The water bath batch looks shriveled up, not too attractive for gift giving. Is it safe not to water bath? If anyone has any idea I would appreciate the advice!
I am new to this whole web/chatting deal, but I love to read all of your great ideas, I just got inspired to build a clothes line!!!!
I am also still searcing for the 1 1/2 pint wide mouth jars if anyone knows were to find some.............thanks
Tinaleigh

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  11:50:55 AM  Show Profile
I always waterbath my dilly beans...I don't think they would be safe for very long if you didn't unless kept refridgerated or something.
I love those pint and 1/2 jars..used to have some years ago but havn't seen any more in a long long time. I hope someone can find some for ya!
You will love hanging your clothes out to dry..nothing like it!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tinaleigh
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Tina
Elko Nevada
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  08:45:20 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, thanks, I put up more beans yesterday and I went ahead and did the water bath, only this time I used a smaller pot and did only four jars at a time and made sure the water was rolling, the beans didn't get all shrively looking, maybe that's the trick! Took a bit longer but oh well....
Take care
Tina
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic canning pickled green beans Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page