Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I started a quilting class today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I started a quilting class today Next Topic  

sweetthunder214
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

theresa
smithville tx
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  6:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Send sweetthunder214 an AOL message  Send sweetthunder214 a Yahoo! Message
Its at the senior center in the next town over. Im not a senior but they let me join in anyway. I am excited to learn but I am not patient and want to learn it all in one day.. I felt comfortable with most of the ladies but there were a few that made me feel like I was intruding on their club. I have to say I never felt bad for being the youngest before today..

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  7:10:50 PM  Show Profile
That's a wonderful way to learn how to quilt....jumping right in with probably many talented ladies
who have been quilting for a long time. Take your time, ask questions, listen to their stories, have fun.
I took a class at a local jr college that gave non-credit courses, like quilting, for anyone interested. There
were 5 or 6 in the class and it was really nice to learn that way too. Many senior centers do make quilts
and sell them, or donate to charities to generate revenue. Our senior center here does that - time prevents me from
joining in but it sounds like fun and educational at the same time. It will be very inspiring to see all the things
they will be working on. There's always someone out there to bring you down, I say ignore them and gravitate
to the positive people in the group - the crabby ones will warm up in time perhaps.
Go to Top of Page

wallflower
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Holly
East Walpole MA
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  7:44:06 PM  Show Profile
Good for you!

It is hard sometimes to start something new, but perhaps you will find more farmgirls in the group!

Holly
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I started a quilting class today Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page