Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Productive and enjoyable day!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Productive and enjoyable day! Next Topic  

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  6:54:15 PM  Show Profile
I had one of the nicest days I've had in a long time today - very relaxing. That crisp feel of fall was in the air which is a nice change from the humid weather we've been having lately. DH had the day off (rare) and we got up late, I cooked a big pot of rolled oats and we had a leisurly breakfast. After that, I started a Crock Pot full of vegetable soup for dinner. Then, we went out and did some yard work together and cleaned out the cabinets in our RV, to ready for his trip to Sedona. When we finished that, we went berry picking and picked enough blackberries for four pies. I froze three bags and made a big fat pie out of the rest. Just a nice, leisurly day with the promise of autumn, my favorite season, soon to come. Good thing I experience that today, because, tomorrow, I have to set up for the WW Fair, and that lasts 17 days! No leisure then!!!

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  7:25:29 PM  Show Profile
That sounds just wonderful. Good for you and hubby. Blackberry pie sounds yummy. Good luck at the fair. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  8:49:55 PM  Show Profile
yummo girlfriend, blackberry pie. I am so glad that you had a nice relaxing day. I hope you sell lots and lots and lots and have a great time at the fair.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  9:30:14 PM  Show Profile
What a beautiful day. Those days remind us of why we do what we farmgirls do. It sounds lovely - AND tasty! Enjoy that fair!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  05:33:44 AM  Show Profile
That does sound like a wonderful day. With the weather getting cooler, it puts you in the mood to 'nest' and do homey things. The pie sounds yummy along with the oatmeal and soup! Have fun at the fair!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  06:44:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Sherri! What a special gift! I'm trying to work more leisure time into my life. Between the farm, the animals, my dh, my job and all the other little things, it's tough! And, ooohh, I can almost smell and taste that pie!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  07:55:48 AM  Show Profile
Well ladies I have to tell you the pie WAS delicious!! (I hope my WW leader is not in this forum!). I had a small piece and appreciated every bite. I got a Kitchen Aid mixer not too long ago and I had never tried making crust with it before but I did this time and it was the best crust I had ever made. You just put the shortening, flour and salt in the mixer and put it on low until the shortening mixes into the flour in a cornmeal consistency, then dump in an egg and some ice water and in about 10 seconds, you have perfect crust. No cutting in the shortening by hand - big trouble, now I'll make pies all the time.
Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  6:59:35 PM  Show Profile
Sherri, I am curious which attachment you used for the crust? the one that is flat but has a bunch of holes cut in it? (I usually use this for creaming shortening for cookies... I never thought to use it for crust!)

http://www.handcraftsbyheather.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2007 :  12:14:51 AM  Show Profile
Yep, that's the one I used - worked like a charm.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Productive and enjoyable day! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page