Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2007 :  5:26:18 PM  Show Profile
Just finished this one..it was great!! She also wrote "My Sister's Keeper" and "Plain Truth". I would really recomend this one..a good read!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2007 :  09:04:28 AM  Show Profile
I just finished Plain Truth last night! I couldn't put it down!!! I saw Keeping Faitha nd My Sister's Keeper at Walmart and might have to pick those up. I also have read Salem Falls which was not quite my style and another one about Vermont but I can't remember the title.

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2007 :  2:20:00 PM  Show Profile
I am a big fan of Jodi Picoult! I loved Plain Truth, and Keeping Faith!

I love how she uses ethics, spirituality, and the very fine line between right and wrong...so thought provoking.

Keeping Faith was the first of her books that I read. It was so interesting, and I really related to the mother, trying to protect her child, wanting to believe her girl, but questioning spirituality VS. religion...trying to believer her....so good!

I have alot of her books, and have read some of them twice.
I realling like My Sister's Keeper too. Oh, and Vanishing Acts...
K
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  03:12:34 AM  Show Profile
I agree! I read Keeping Faith and was so sad when I reached the last page! Gotta get some others now... It is so great that everybody posts about good books they enjoy, in case the rest of us didn't know about them! Thanks everybody. Nance
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  08:19:42 AM  Show Profile
Those books sound good! i will have to get one. Anyone read any Debbie Macomber books? I love her writing style, it's like visiting with a friend. Also, the books on Tasha Tudors life have always been a favorite of mine. What an independent country woman she is. Her gardens her lifestyle, she is amazing. I will see about getting one of Jodi Picoult's books. I think I would like them.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2007 :  2:08:12 PM  Show Profile
I love the Debbie Macomber books. I am reading one right now...The second volume in the Heart of Texas series..for sure light reading...which is nice for me this week while I am busy.
I loved her yarn shop books alot too!!
I think I have most all the books about Tasha Tudor's life too..she is so inspiring for sure!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1803 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1803 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2007 :  12:02:39 PM  Show Profile
Jodi Picoult has been a favorite author since a friend of mine clued me
in. I have seen her twice at a book reading here in Cedar Rapids at Barnes and Noble and at Iowa City. The last time was to read an excerpt from Nineteen Minutes the latest book. She is really down to earth and friendly.
My friend and her daughter ate breakfast with her the next day before she left. If interested she has a website Jodipicoult.com with photos and info on the book she is writing now.
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page