Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 BBCCanada Green Living Show
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic BBCCanada Green Living Show Next Topic  

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  08:38:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls,

Just wanted to give all those Canadian farmgirls a head's up. I just watched the first episode of a new series on BBC Canada called "It's not Easy being Green" about a family that pulls up from suburbia and buys an old farmhouse in Cornwall with hopes to live as green as possible but still with all the comforts of the modern age. They plan to have hydro, solar,wind energy collected, organic gardening, bio-diesel car etc.
The first episode sees them moving in, and starting to build an aqueduct to move water to their waterwheel, and putting in their garden.

The family is really fun to watch - dad worked for the army and defense and has just retired, mum is a hippy, and two late teen/early twenties kids.

Watch it if you can!
Cheers, - meg

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  09:25:30 AM  Show Profile
Wow, that show sounds really interesting! Do you have any idea if us Yankees can get it on our BBC channel? I'd love to watch it.
Thanks for telling us about it!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  6:31:12 PM  Show Profile
I just checked the BBC America site - doesn't look like it's available there yet. But you never know, just keep your eyes out..

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  8:50:40 PM  Show Profile
Wow! that show sounds great! I hope it makes it's way to PBS in the US.... I think I'll have my husband write to the PBS stations to which we contribute... might put a "little bug in someone's ear". Thanks for the info meg!

"He who works with his hands is a laborer, he who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who works with his hands, head and heart is an artist." -St. Francis of Asisi
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic BBCCanada Green Living Show Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page