Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  10:42:27 AM  Show Profile
Found an old white tin water pitcher today, don't usually buy this sort of thing, but it lives here now. I really like it. Also got a cute umbrella with a Victorian design on it, some jewelry for crafts. Going to get going on making those cones that Frannie gave the pattern for and will put some of these jewelry bits on them. Then yesterday I hung a cute basket in my bathroom and put a smell good candle and soaps in it. Why didn't I think of that before I ask myself.
Have to go and take a chicken out of the oven and take it apart, you know chicken dinner, chicken and noodles, chicken salad, chicken and biscuits with gravy. Won't have to cook much the next day or so.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  11:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
That pitcher is so 'farmgirly'! It's great - not just a pitcher, but a vase for all seasons! I just want to put a bunch of big, fat hydrangea blooms in it! :D

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  06:20:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I second the notion of the big bouquet of hydrangeas!! And the umbrella is beautiful; it is a copy of Monet's painting of his wife and child in a field of poppies. Great taste, as always, I see! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  06:34:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Great pitcher...what a find. I love the basket with the "smellies" in it too!

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  06:36:46 AM  Show Profile
Nice find! I like simple, farmlike items....the display of the white flowers in the white pitcher is lovely. To me, the simplest arrangements are the most beautiful!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  08:26:34 AM  Show Profile
I love white enamel! I have some pots with red rims. They make me smile every time I see them. Do you think it would lose the affect if I carried one with me every where? I would look kind of silly, but I would be smiling!

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  12:10:53 AM  Show Profile
I have a huge collection of enamelware . . . both white like yours and also a lot of blue and white splatterware enamelware and a couple of red ones and one yellow. There is something about enamelware that just says farmhouse more than just about anything. Great find!!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic OLD TIN WHITE PITCHER. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page