Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Asking for prayer, thanks Update..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Asking for prayer, thanks Update.. Next Topic
Page: of 2

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  4:27:46 PM  Show Profile
So far, it is still unknown but tests are being run, one of them being for arthritis. The suspsion is that whatever this is was proably set off by the diptheria bacteria, last fall and the treatment.
Won't know anything for a week or so. If everything comes back clean, then yep, you guessed it more tests.
Don't I just love being the challenging child> On pain killers for now, making no changes in anything right now because we don't know what we are dealing with yet.
Thanks for continuing prayer.
Carol Sue

Hi girls, this might take a bit of explaining. A year ago I was diagnosed with diptheria bacteria, the last of August last year. They treated with antibotics and finally had to do Iv'ed gentamicin. Finally the bacteria was gone. The favorite question is What 3rd world country were you in? Spokane!!!!! Lol
I have had severe muscle pain through out that process. I have had it off and on for the last year and now it is severe again.
I am asking for prayer for them to find the cause so I can get on with my life. We thought it was my medication, test results were it was fine. So next Wednesday, back to the doc and blood draws again.
I can deal with whatever if they can figure this one out. Pain is keeping me up at night and sleeping isn't great. Puts me in tears and I wake up crying. That is not fun.
I have dealt with back pain for shoot 25 years, and I deal with it quite well, and with some other challenges. Nothing can't be dealt with, it is this darn unknown!!!!!! I am sure there are quite a few of you ladies that we are praying for can relate to that one.
Just needed to have a good cry and share, thanks for the prayers and the support. You chickas are worth your weight in gold!!!!
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.

Edited by - Carol Sue on Sep 06 2007 11:26:47 PM

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  4:40:01 PM  Show Profile
i am sending good vibes your way!!!
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  4:40:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Carol Sue, I am prayin for ya, you know where I am if you need me. Give me a call if you need to and I'm here for you.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  4:57:12 PM  Show Profile
I will be praying for you.
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  5:04:16 PM  Show Profile
i will pray for you carol sue.

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  5:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh Sweetie Pie Carol Sue! I am so sorry you are in such pain. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Know that you are soooooooo loved here!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  6:49:13 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, sounds to me like you've contracted fibromyalgia. It often results from a trauma to the body like you had. Ask your doctor. In the meantime, treat yourself gently. We are all praying with you.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  8:33:09 PM  Show Profile
Yep, Patricia, a couple other farmgirls have mentioned the same thing to me, and my mom was diagnosed with it in the last 5 years.
Thank you all for your prayers, I appreciate every one. There is nothing like farmgirls.

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  8:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Carol Sue! I hope you start feeling better soon! *hugs* You know you will be in my thoughts!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  8:54:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi Carol Sue,
I am so sorry to hear you are in such terrible pain. Reading your post, my heart goes out to you. I am praying that you will have relief soon & also that you find a compassionate & knowledgeable doctor who will know exactly how to treat you. Be well.
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  9:36:56 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Good vibes going your way. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  10:04:32 PM  Show Profile
(((((Carol Sue))))) Hugs and prayers, Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  04:13:03 AM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, you are in my prayers!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  04:43:50 AM  Show Profile
Sending you prayers from Louisiana. Consider yourself hugged, as well!!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  05:00:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Carol Sue--You are in my prayers. When you see your doctor, if Fibromyalgia is a suspect, ask about taking Elavil for sleep help. My DH was diagnosed with Fibro years ago, couldn't sleep due to pain for months, and after one night of Elavil was almost pain free. It isn't the cure for everyone, and may need dosing changes, but if it should be so easy... please feel free to email me if you want to.
XO,

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  08:41:06 AM  Show Profile
(((hugs))) Carol Sue!! Sending many good thoughts and prayers!!
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  08:48:02 AM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, you are in my heart and in my prayers. Keep your great sense of humor well oiled; it is the best medicine. Hugs, Nance
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  08:54:43 AM  Show Profile
Carol Sue,
hang in there, when the Doctors figure it out then they can treat it,,,,hopefully it is nothing terribly serious.
I have read up a lot on Fybromyalgia, it is one of those hard to pin down maladys that mimics other illnesses. But through trial & error, as terrible as that may sound, it is the direction to go in to finding a source of relief. If memory serves me, I recall "Cher" having struggled with it. It nearly crippled her, but once the doctors pinned it down to 'Fibro' they were able to treat her & help her learn to live w/Fibro. So, that being said, you may have a malady that a famous singer has! So go ahead have a good laugh & cry if need be, but know that we are all giving you great big "E-hugs".
Keep us updated on what the dortors diagnose you with. Maybe what you really have is "Overcraftaholicitis" and the only cure for that is a bigger craft room and more time to play in your craft room. LOL!
hugz to you...

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  09:48:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/adult_arthritis/fibromy.cfm

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  10:03:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi Carol Sue,
You will definitely be in my prayers. My Mom was diagnosed with Fibro a few years ago. What bothers me about the whole thing is that it is diagnosed by deciding what you "don't have". There is no positive way to say someone does have it . . . it is all through the process of elimination. I always wonder how many people have other problems going on and don't ever get properly diagnosed because the doctor decided it was fibro. I guess I always struggle when it has no clear way to confirm it. It has become such a broad diagnosis for so many different symptoms lately. I pray that whatever is wrong with you will be caught and diagnosed soon. I hope Grace is right . . . all craft related! Maybe then your insurance would pay for a craft room addition! LOL! I will be praying for you, sweetie!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  11:59:45 AM  Show Profile
Big hug. You're in my thoughts. I know Spokane is wild, but 3rd world country? Yikes. How very odd. I hope it all works out and you feel better.
We make a difference.

Edited by - Huckelberrywine on Aug 30 2007 09:25:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  3:36:22 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, Prayers going up for you from NJ. I know the feeling, it's so much better if they can just put a name on it because then they can at least come up with a plan. I'm praying for nights filled with sleep and days filled with joy (and abscense of pain!!). Hang in there, we're with you all the way.
Farmgirl hugs ((((( )))))
Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  3:50:15 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue- I just went to the rheumatologist today and she says she is pretty certain that I have fibromyalgia. Oh joy, oh rapture. She gave me two shots in my back and I have to say that it has helped tremendously. No pain since noontime. :) The doctor thinks that my trigger was when I had my hysterectomy in 1999. You just never know. I hope that things get sorted for you quickly. I'll be praying for you.

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  5:00:59 PM  Show Profile
I have to say I have been doing lots of reading today and surprized that some of these symptoms I have had for years, but they never fit anywhere and you just live with them. Hmmmm, I have a list to go to the docs with me and lots of questions. The pain is what smacks ya so bad, I have had to deal with chronic pain with back and surgery at age 26. I am 50 now, that and migraines and Ibs so I pretty much know what to do for those. This has knocked me on my butt for off and on for a hear. The horrible muscle pain began with the diptheria bacteria and treatment of gentamicin. It was horrible pain that after about 3 months eased up. If I overexert, it is there again but subsices, it isn't subsiding now.
Alee, thanks for the link,
Ronna, thank you for yours
Ann will ask about that med
The more informed one is the better it is when you go to talk to the doctor.
She is my nurse practioner and I really like how she listens and has over the last 6 years. I can sure see why this is so hard to diagnois. One step at a time. We shall see. Thanks, thanks thanks for the support. Means more than I can say.

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

pearl
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Sue
Bonners Ferry ID
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  6:43:36 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, Sorry to hear about all your pain. I am sending prayers and a big farmgirl hug your way.
Sue
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  11:34:15 PM  Show Profile
Great big (((hugs)) and prayers being sent!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Asking for prayer, thanks Update.. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page