Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Head Lice Next Topic  

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  1:42:33 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
YIKES!!!!! Found a child with head lice at our center. Had my head checked and nothing. With past experience with the little buggers I can't imagine getting a whole center clean ASAP and the way that I would like it cleaned. I remember the last time my children brought them home (18+ year ago)and all the cleaning, vacuuming, bagging ect... that I did to make sure that they were gone. This time I'm not in charge as it is not my home. Any advice to help me from getting them. I was told Tea tree oil and or shampoo. I know lice like clean hair so I am always sure not to wash my hair too often and to use products in it during the work week. I would love any advice that you may have on prevention (other then the good old don't share) so that I don't have to use the poison to get rid of them. UGH! I itch all over but know it's all in my brain.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  2:27:21 PM  Show Profile
There really is no fool proof way to PREVENT them other than avoiding contact with an infected person. Hopefully the child was sent home and should not be allowed to return until no active lice or nits are found. These are federal regulations in a school but I am not sure about a childcare center. I would assume it is the same. Contrary to popular belief lice have no preference over clean or dirty hair. People who wash every day are just as likly to get it if exposed as people with dirty hair. It is more about exposure than what you put on your head.

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  2:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
We too have the same rules and regulations but still UGH!!!!! Plus the checking of heads that increases the exposure. Thanks about the info on clean versus not quite clean hair. Guess I'll just hope for the best. I just itch, think I'll take a lavender and oatmeal bath. Pampering never hurts.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Head Lice Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page