Page: of 2

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  3:17:17 PM  Show Profile
I was reading over the Welcome Wagon and all of a sudden I got to wondering how everyone came to be here! Sooo many wonderful farmgirls in one place! I stumbled onto it when I did a google about a chicken question. I thought it was a good site so I lurked for about a year before I finally jumped in!

How did _you_ find it??

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  3:39:27 PM  Show Profile
My daughter in law brought me the MJ book. Her mom bought it and it wasn't quite her cup of tea so she told her daughter she thought I'd like it. She was right!!
I have loaned it out and bought several since then- 3 mos ago!!!
I still don't have mine back! Now my mom has it!
Oh well- it will make it's way back to me in time.
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  4:09:24 PM  Show Profile
I had found a copy of MJF magazine at a small little Farmer's Market while we were on vacation and fell in love. Then I found the site and have loved my very short time here and look forward to spending much more time at MJF!!
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  4:29:59 PM  Show Profile
I read an article about Mary Jane in an old issue of 'Country Home'. I looked up her website and got hooked! lol!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  6:13:18 PM  Show Profile
I saw a picture of MJF book in a magazine book club insert. I went to Barnes & Noble and bought it.
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  6:15:24 PM  Show Profile
I saw the magazine in the bookstore and googled it when I came home. Benn hooked ever since.

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9360 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9360 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  6:17:16 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth (candismom) introduced me to the forum back in January. I am grateful because this is a great group of gals here.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  6:31:22 PM  Show Profile
I found a copy of MJ's book in Tractor Supply. I bought it for myself,
couldn't resist a farm girl with my name! I read it and was just so taken with her way of writing. I went to the website and I also read the forums for a long time then finally joined. Glad I did.

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  8:51:27 PM  Show Profile
I read an article in the Chicago Tribune last year about Mary Jane. I then bought her magazine and decided to join up here. I even roped my Windy Pines cousin Michele into joining. She's a true dairy/beef cattle farmgirl.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  9:08:07 PM  Show Profile
My sister has sent me a mag. issue/book and vintage apron for my last 2 B-Days, and I finally cked out the online website this summer; from there to the forum!

http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/spiritspace.htmlSoap
http://groups.msn.com/spiritspaceCrafting Group
http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/Blog
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  9:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
i goggled patterns for weave it looms. No real pattern here for that but I found the site on my birthday joined four days later.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  9:31:49 PM  Show Profile
I found MJF when I googled for instructions on a stich I needed to make a calendar bag. I still havn't made that bag because I've been to busy making new friends here!

Friends are the best collectables.
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2007 :  9:31:50 PM  Show Profile
I found it through one of the magazines some time ago and just since June got reaquainted.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  06:34:08 AM  Show Profile
My dh and I went to our favorite bookstore, and they had her "life book" on a display with other new hardcovers. I had no idea who she was, but I was determined to buy the book after 2 minutes of looking at it--because I found helpful things about sewing, and getting stains out of antique linens. I had nooooo idea that my purchase would bring me such joy, or change my view at the way we live, and the way I'd like to live, OR to encourage me to meet so many kindred spirits across the miles.

Such a blessing!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  07:07:07 AM  Show Profile
I wonder if MJ had any idea what she was starting or how many lives she would touch?

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  07:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
How I found you farmgirls: (cut and pasted from my original intro.....)

I was sitting in the Dr's office this past Friday (mid July) afternoon for my annual physical. While I wait, I am reading a copy of More magazine and come to a MaryJanes Farm article. I sat and stared at that article (after reading it twice) for what seemed like an hour but it was actually more like 10 minutes. My patience began to fade. I wanted out of there! What was taking the Dr so long? I needed to be someplace. I had to get home and log onto www.maryjanesfarm.org...... HELLO!!!!!!! Dr. Crotty! I gotta go, can we hurry this along! I carried that magazine with me into the exam room, with a tight grip on that page; I had my finger marking the spot where the article was located. Could this possibly take any longer? I have been waiting what, sixteen minutes by this point. Finally, the appointment was over and I was sent on my way.....I get into the truck and begin my trip home and my mind just won't stop wandering, wondering what is on this website, what will I find, and I have all night to just pour over it. My daughter had left earlier that day for a night out with a few girlfriends. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.....I can't wait to get home. I arrive at home and dart into the house to hop on the computer and what do I find? The husband surfing Ebay..... Helloooo, can he not tell I am on a mission. OK, what is the best way to get him of the computer? FOOD! So I whipped up some grub, stuck a plate on the table and poof, like magic the computer was freed from his grips. I didn't give the chair time to cool. I plopped right down and Tim says, "Hey babe, aren't you eating?" Under normal circumstances we all sit down together and eat. But this was far from normal! I had to get on that website. So I explained what was going on and he just smiled, he understood......he knows me all to well. So, I spent a great deal of time over the next two days on these websites. Reading, reading, clicking and reading. I could not get enough. Still can't.

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry.
And I know you do the same things too, So we're really
not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  09:29:39 AM  Show Profile
My babygirl spotted the magazine while in Washington on a trip. As soon as she opened it she knew she had to bring it home to me....She spotted the aprons and knowing I had a small vintage apron collection she wanted me to see I am not the only apronaholic!!!
I am an avid gardener and dreamer, of some day having a field of lavender & sunflowers and a clothes line out in the middle of them with aprons gently blowing in the breeze.
My collection of aprons has grown, not quit as large as EllynAnne's, but some day I hope I'll have to buy a bigger home just to display my aprons!!! lol!
By the by, try the healty snack bars, they are great!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  12:56:10 PM  Show Profile
I just saw this topic and thought I would tell you who introduced me to MaryJane's Farm...and the last person to post here was Grace-katmom!!!!!!!! SHE is the one who told me about MJF! We both belong to "Sisters on the Fly" a vintage trailer-fly fishing-cowgirl club! Since my name is Maryjane/Beehive Cottage she asked if I was a part of it or knew about MJF. Well, I had not seen or heard about MJF but as soon as I checked out this website, I was hooked! Life will never be the same! THANK YOU Grace!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2007 :  1:05:53 PM  Show Profile
I had been eying the Idea book in Crafter's choice for a while, mostly just for the cover! I finally bought it for myself last fall, and fell madly in love! I honestly didn't know there were women who believed/did this kind of thing left!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

wallflower
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Holly
East Walpole MA
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  12:36:18 PM  Show Profile
My mom had found Mary Jane's latest book at her library, and told me about it. I did a search online for more info, and, voila! here I am! It has been wonderful!

http://handittoholly.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  4:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I was just searching for 'farmhouse' online, trying to find someone/anyone doing the same sort of thing my dh and I are doing - trying to save/restore an old farmhouse. I was hoping to find someone to compare notes with and/or ask questions. I've been here ever since, and I've found more useful information than the Public Library. And scores of wonderful friends!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  5:41:08 PM  Show Profile
I got her "Life Book" through Crafter's Choice. I had it in a pile of books- it was sent me- I didn't order it. I was pregnant with our youngest 1.5 years ago. As I get bigger with child I started reading through the stack of books- when I started in on MJ's book I was hooked.. This was my life or the life I dreamed of. I love vintage linens and stitchery in all forms.. I use a clothes line etc.. I felt right at home.. I did a google search on her and found the site.. I joined the forum and was active but then went inactive for over 6 months- post count was gone
now we are living in a place that we hope to homestead a bit.. as much as we can in a rental..so I am back..
blessings,debra
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  6:03:32 PM  Show Profile
I'd seen the magazine years ago in Barnes and Noble. Then, when it was fetured in Homestyle Books I ordered it and have been a groupie ever since!!!!
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  6:14:26 PM  Show Profile
I found the book advertised in a book club I belonged to..the cover of MJ's 1st book was sooo nice I knew it was for me bought it immediately & found the website after reading thru the book!
addicted ever since!
Laura

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  10:39:17 PM  Show Profile
Awe pashaw! Maryjane,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Sep 02 2007 10:39:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

carycamille
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Camille
Cathlamet Washington
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2007 :  11:36:33 PM  Show Profile
I too found MJ's lifebook in doubleday book club site. they even had where you could listen to a few excerpts. I fell in love with it, bought it, found this site. I now have the stitchery book and my first magazine. Next will be the magnetic wisdom set.

Camille

www.mypowermall.com/biz/home/14088
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic How did you find MJF Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page