Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  6:42:42 PM  Show Profile
I can't believe how early the kid's school started this year (which I didn't realize when I bought a non-refundable week at a Condo on the Oregon Coast for our vacation and we had to cancel!! Anyway today was the first day. I am surprised talking to other moms how happy they are to have the kids back in school. Maybe it's because I had a hard summer, without much time to play, but I am so not ready for the schedules to be starting up again. We drive our kids to another district each day, so it is a half an hour each way. So one hour in the morning, one after school and then either I have to kill time with the other two at the school for over two hours or I do a third round trip later for the one in sports. Still haven't convinced DH to move out to the school district! So this really adds a lot of time to our schedule. I just really wish we had another two or three monthes of summer left! We are going camping for a last hurrah this weekend.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  7:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Brenda mine start next week, and while I am sure there MIGHT be a day or two that I miss them,I am happy they are going. Thses past weeks have gone by so slowly, since the move and the stress they have been bored out of their minds,and in turn driving me up the wall. They too are happy to be starting soon.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  7:06:10 PM  Show Profile
Amanda,
I'm sure you are in real need of a break with all the stress of moving so far so recently. I think for me it is the driving and schedules that drives me crazy. If they just hopped on a bus, it would be so much easier . . . but I've whined about that on this forum for a year now!! DH is just not meant to be a country boy I guess, but it's hard for this farmgirl at heart to accept! LOL!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  7:45:23 PM  Show Profile
Wow, our kids have been in school for a month already!

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  8:16:11 PM  Show Profile
A month??!! They started July 29th?!!! That is crazy! When do they get out for summer vacation? I thought Aug. 29th was early!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  12:38:24 AM  Show Profile
Brenda just thought i would let you know we had a vacation planned for the coast too and it was cancelled by my LOvely dh and mother in law without talking to me. It was for depoe bay, we were going to watch the whales. I think that I am the most disappointed over it

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  08:32:26 AM  Show Profile
The district we are in do a 'modified' year-round program. So, they go to school the last week of July (when it's too hot to do much of anything else here anyways-- they might was well sit in an air conditioned class room!) but then have 2 weeks of break in October, 2 weeks for Christmas, and 2 weeks for Spring break. It was strange to get used to, in my mind school is supposed to start in September! But, it makes a lot of sense, especially for our climate-- this way they get breaks when you could actually _do_ something! I forget now that the rest of the world has a more traditional schedule!

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic My kids are off to school! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page