LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  4:53:40 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have any good fundraising ideas? I am a girl scout leader & we are planning a big weekend trip but need major funding.
We did a bake sale this weekend..
thanks
LauraH

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  5:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Most girls love hair doodads. If you can make them and sell them that would be lots of fun. They could make yo-yos sew a button in the middle and then thread it through a pony tail holder.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  5:48:27 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Janet-
we are going to do a December craft fair, hoping the girls can make some of the items.. they are 7 yrs. old so they need to easy craft ideas.thanks! that would be perfect!
Laura
Go to Top of Page

wallflower
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Holly
East Walpole MA
USA
101 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2007 :  7:27:05 PM  Show Profile
If the girls are old enough, and patient enough, what about friendship bracelets? (Braided string, different patterns, with or without beads, etc.)

visit my blog at handittoholly@blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  05:57:29 AM  Show Profile
Friend of mine across the street has had girl scouts for years now --they save aluminum cans all year and she takes them off once a month. They make 6 or 7 hundred a year off it she told me . She has everyone in neighborhood saving the cans and the scouts come by once a weekend and pick them up. They will rake leaves also in fall for 5 dollars a yard.we have a ton of trees in the neighborhood and alot are elderly folk or people just plain "lazy" so they get quite a few yards. She has them pulling garden weeds and bunch of small projects also. They have a yard sale once a month also and pull in couple hundred that way too.

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! http://people.tribe.net/0ab53fca-f8de-4477-ab56-85ff9484b93d

Edited by - tribalcime on Aug 27 2007 06:28:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  06:07:53 AM  Show Profile
What about a yard sale.

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  06:32:22 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
A friend of mine and a troop leader bought those inexpensive unfinished bird houses and covered them with peanut butter and then bird seed. The troop sold them for $25.00 each and sold each and every single one with orders for more. They were a huge hit. I have mine and it needs to be resurfaced...lol I just reslather it with pb and add more bird seed. The birds love it.

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry.
And I know you do the same things too, So we're really
not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  08:36:13 AM  Show Profile
What about a handprint quilt? Each of the girls puts a painted handprint on, signs the square, stitch it together with some bright borders, then either tie it (quick and easy) or maybe someone connected to the troop would donate the quilting? Family and friends love to buy raffle tickets for these, and local businesses might too, showing their community involvement by displaying it. You could probably get the fabric donated too, lots of folks have bits they would give for a good cause.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  10:38:22 AM  Show Profile
What about a fund raising dinner? I know my kids school used to have a spaghetti dinner. A family was a set amount & individuals paid like $7. Of course you can adjust to what you think would be a fair price. Car washes are always fun. I know the school also has a winter carnival & gets all the parents involved. The kids buy tickets to participate in different events. A cake walk, pie in the face, different booths that are set up. There are no rides, but kids that young don't really need them. Also, you could do horse rides if you have a calm enough horse & charge for those or just a picture on the horse if you are not in a rural community where that would be an every day event. I think the big thing is, make it fun for everyone. I hate getting the fundraising books & when my product comes I am disappointed in it. I do think the only good fund raiser that I participate in book wise, is the Entertainment Book. Only because I know people will always get their $ back. Good luck!

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2007 :  12:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What about a raffle of some sort? Maybe sell the girl's time to clean a house or yard (under supervision of course)

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2007 :  06:20:08 AM  Show Profile
How about about car washes? Especially if the insides get vaccuumed out, too!
Or dog washes?

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2007 :  04:18:49 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your great ideas! I really appreciate it!
Laura
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Fundraising Ideas? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page