Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Please keep this date handy.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Please keep this date handy..... Next Topic  

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  1:15:19 PM  Show Profile
.....just in case you happen to be in MO or want to plan to be in MO in October. About that time Mother Nature has her quilt of many fall colors on display across the woodlands and it's beautiful to see.

Well the date is actually, Saturday, October 13th. That is the date of our 27th Annual Fall Festival at the Saxon Lutheran Memorial from 9am - 4pm. It's in Frohna, MO, about mid-way between Perryville and Cape Girardeau just east of Interstate 55 (just incase you were trying to find it on a map)

I know you have no clue as to what I'm talking about, so I'll give you a sneak peek as to what happens on that day. The Fall Festival is our big day at the Saxon Lutheran Memorial, which is the living history museum I recently started being the curator for in Frohna, MO.

We have a small log cabin village and a dozen other buildings that are part of our tour. On the day of the festival you are welcome to take a self-guided tour, since all the buildings will be open. Then spend the rest of your time roaming the grounds to watch the many different demonstrations of time-honored skills and trades of the early to mid 1800's. There will be split-rail fence making, rope making, shingle making, wooden wringer washer demos, quilting, apple butter making, apple cider, bread baking in an outdoor oven, soap making, spinning, pottery making, etc. We give horse and wagon rides and have musical entertainment throughout the day. There are also over 20 craft booths scattered about the grounds and lots of food booths to keep you from becoming faint. It's a wonderful day of relaxation by stepping back in time. Of course, up until then, it's not so relaxing because that's what I'm doing now is making all the behind the scenes arrangements and announcments. I've only been here 6 weeks, so it's a bit much to wrap my brain around, but I'm trying.

This is our only fund-raiser for the year and what we draw almost all of our operating funds from it, so please pray with me for good weather. If we can have that, they have drawn crowds upwards of 3,000 people in the past. I really hope to see that kind of attendance this year - we really do need it.

And so this invitation comes to you personally, that if you are in the area, coming to the area or live just outside the area and are looking for something interesting, delicious, fun, educational and relaxing to do, come to the Fall Festival. It makes for a GREAT family day trip.

And, OH MY GOSH would you ever make my day, if someone came up to me and introduced themselves as one of the FARMGIRLS. I think I would actually float off the ground.

Here's hoping to seeing you in October on the 13th! If you have any questions or want more details you are welcome to contact me, my email at the SLM is: slmlynda@core.com

Thanks so much for taking time to read through all of this, blessings to you always.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Please keep this date handy..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page