brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  7:41:26 PM  Show Profile
OK, I was really hungry after work tonight, but instead of going to Burger King on the way to JoAnn Fabrics, I said, "No, you have a nice pizza crust all ready to go in the refrigerator (that I made a week ago) and all you would have to do would be slice some zucchinis and tomatoes and throw on some mozzarella cheese, some olives, and it would be DELICIOUS and far healthier than a fast food burger....

So, I went to JoAnn's and overindulged, then by the time I got home it was late, and I wanted to process some of those tomatoes, so I stuck the pizza crust on the pizza stone in the oven to pre-bake it so the juicy tomatoes wouldn't make the crust too soggy.

I started cutting up my tomatoes and potatoes and carrots and corn and celery and onions and peas, etc..... it came to a boil, I sterilized the jars and filled them, found some lids and rings, sealed the jars, put the pressure cooker on the stove....

AND that is when I remembered my pizza crust. I have a rather large crispy cracker now. I can't cut it, I can't bake it, it is very very brown. One edge is actually black.

So since it is already almost 11:00 I guess I will have to try again tomorrow!

I've been wanting to go on a diet but this is not the way I envisioned it......

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  9:54:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh no!! Sounds like a tomatoes and cottage cheese night! Tht is my favorite meal!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  10:15:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh No! That sounds like something I would do! (and have done!!) *hugs*

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  12:25:03 AM  Show Profile
jenny, yep love cottage cheese and tomatoes...espeically when life takes an unexpected turn.
I would have been wahhhing tooo, pizza would have been delish....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  07:08:29 AM  Show Profile
Ha ha-- that reminds me of last week when I left a pizza in the oven to 'stay warm' and then didn't use the oven again for a few days, totally forgot about it! 4 days later I cranked it up to 425 and left it for 20 minutes more. When I realized there was something in there, it was almost unrecognizable! My 6 yo said as I took it out of the oven (finally) "Wow, Mama, what kind of pie is that?"

How'd the canning turn out? :)

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  10:50:35 AM  Show Profile
Oh Molly! I have done that before too but it was worse! Last year at thanksgiving I bought several loaves of bread for my turkey stuffing. I set the loaves (in thier wrappers) inside of my big roasting pan. I don't have much counter space so I had stuck it in the oven for safe keeping. Well thanksgiving eve I preheated my oven to bake some pies forgetting all about the bread. Soon there was a burning plastic smell and smoke curling out of the oven! I pulled it out and it was all a burnt plastic mess! The bread and the pan were ruined! Thanks goodness Walmart stays open for thanksgiving! I had to run to the store and get more bread and a new roasting pan!

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  11:06:05 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
Ok, while we are making oven confessions.....lol

I used to store my Pampered Chef Stones in the oven.....in their boxes....

One day I called hubby and said, preheat the oven for me to 425. I always took them out of the oven and it never dawned on me to tell him to take them out. When I got home 15-20 minutes later, he was out in the garage and I walked in and thought to myself. Odd smell.....where is that coming from..........as I walked into the kitchen I saw the flames in the oven! Holy poppy-cock...... I turned the oven off, grabbed the oven mits and pulled open that door. I took the whole shelf out of the oven with the stones and boxes / ashes on it and tossed it out the back door. Unfortunatley there were approx. 30 steps before the ground and all the pans broke on impact.

Bright side, a bunch of my girlfriends got together and for a housewarming gift when we moved a few months later they each got me a stone. I wound up with more than I started with....
But needless to say I don't store them in the oven anymore.

Hugs,

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry.
And I know you do the same things too, So we're really
not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Waaaaah!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page