Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Oh how I miss my clothes line!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Oh how I miss my clothes line!!! Next Topic  

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  4:30:17 PM  Show Profile
We recently moved from CA to Nevada.. I had a nice clothes line in CA.. in the house we are in now I have no clothes line.. why? Well, hubby chose a rental that is smack dab in the middle of empty property.. ALl we get is sandy wind! There is no wind barriers like trees or bushes.. So no line.. I don't want my clothes covered in sand..
So, we are looking for a bigger house on nicer property. Something with trees, grass and bushes.. then I can have my clothes line again.. I so miss hanging clothes out on the line!
blessings,debra

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  5:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I hope you find a better location soon! It sure can be disappointing to have to put away the clothes line for a while! Can you use a drying rack inside your house until then?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  5:11:17 PM  Show Profile
I wish I could but we are 8 people in 1500 sq ft.. no room!
blessings,debra
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  7:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow! Yes, I suppose that wouldn't allow for much room, would it?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  08:58:02 AM  Show Profile
no it doesn't.. I just miss living a more natural life.. the proptery is soooo ugly I don't even go outside.. it is hot and sandy.. I am soooo praying we find something bigger with nice property.
blessings,debra
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  09:15:25 AM  Show Profile
I understand how you feel about missing your clothesline. I do hope you find a place that you can enjoy the outdoors more. Hanging clothes outside is so satisfying. It makes me feel happy. I haven't had one since 2001 when we moved to the coast. Our back yard is full of live oaks and they are full of birds and squirrels. I found one small spot from a tree to the corner of my deck against the house that has sun and no overhead tree limbs so I bought a retractable clothesline and a pretty post to put next to the deck where I will put a hook to pull the clothesline to and a pretty bracket to hang a basket of flowers on. This will make the post look like it belongs there for the flowers! Planning to put all of this together tomorrow.I am sooooooo excited. My sister loves her clothes line and only uses the dryer if necessary due to weather. Her husband doesn't get it. He sure loves how wonderful the sheets smell after drying in the sun though. Tracy
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  09:44:37 AM  Show Profile
I had a set up like that at my last house- the back of my house was on a small hill. so my husband put up a retractable line from the deck to a tree. I would hang clothes on the line and along the rail of the deck.. I loved that deck!!
There is just something about hanging up a line full of clothes..
blessings,debra
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Oh how I miss my clothes line!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page