Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Okay- You ladies are going to laugh at me.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Okay- You ladies are going to laugh at me. Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2007 :  7:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Last night I was working away like a crazy person in the kitchen getting ready for the Farmer's Market. I was mixing batches of my bath soak which sounds simple but actually can become quite an involved process- Probably me making it harder than it has to be :)

Anyway. One of the critical devices in this process is my food processor. And in between each bath of color and scent, I have to wash it.

Well as time ticked by and I was getting more and more tired, I decided to try a short cut. I had been washing the glass bottles and then putting them upside down in the oven on "Warm" to dry completely before I put my water sensitive product in them.

So to quickly dry the bowl to the food processor I though "I don't think the oven will hurt it!" Wrong-o! It warped the bowl which caused it to get stuck on the machine but not engaged *read as usless*. Which lead to me having to use a hammer to dislodge it, which lead to the handle breaking, which lead to a huge hole in the side of the bowl.

So I though "Alright Alee... alternative plan A! Use the blender." That worked until I bumped out cheap-o blender and stripped the gears (not the first time that it has happened)

So now I was down by TWO machines! I managed to demolish two machines in about half an hour. Yeesh!

I decided not to try the ice cream maker because I didn't want it to be 3 Machines!!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2007 :  8:45:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee! Sounds like an episode of "I Love Lucy"!

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2007 :  8:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It probably looked like one too! I bought a new blender today and a new bowl for my food processor is on order! lol !

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  01:57:35 AM  Show Profile
Alee, at least you could find humor in it all.....good for you! And best of success at the Farmer's Market, too!! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  03:13:10 AM  Show Profile
LOL....Oh, My Alee....what a mental image I'm having. Thanks for sharing your human-ness!!

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  07:50:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh Alee!! Are you sure we are not long lost sisters??? That would be sooo me!!Hugs!
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  07:57:43 AM  Show Profile
Alee,

Would we laught at you? ....grin.....No way would we laugh at you!...tee hee.....It is not funny....hahahah....okay I am laughing. I have had days like that and you might as well laugh.

May God bless those who love the soil,

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  08:04:07 AM  Show Profile
Not laughing AT you, kiddo, but certainly WITH you -- thanks for telling this story in a way that allows us to see the humor in it. When my bath soak bottles come, I'll appreciate them even more, knowing what you've overcome to create them.
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  08:13:11 AM  Show Profile
Everytime I go to my local thrift store, "Savers", I check the appliance section for "awesome can't pass up" deals on kitchen gadgets I use, just to have them as "back-up".(and cheap too) I have about 4 or 5 stick blenders , because I use them for soapmaking~LOL!

The one saving grace, is that it's Back-to-School time and lots of the stores are having things that are College bound, at a deep discount. I saw a coffee maker/blender/toaster 3-pk at Walmart for $19.99.

http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/spiritspace.htmlSoap
http://groups.msn.com/spiritspaceCrafting Group
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  09:02:50 AM  Show Profile
O girl!!lol I would have loved to been a fly on your wall last night. :) SO sweet of you to share your day of character building. :) It makes me feel so nice and normal knowing other ladies have "fun" like I do!! Happy Sunday!! hugs jessie

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine; O What a foretaste of Glory DIVINE!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  2:44:23 PM  Show Profile
Alee, you are the woman!!!!! LOL, you go girl, yep, I am thinking you need a back up supply!!!!!!
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  5:59:56 PM  Show Profile
alee that made me laugh so hard...... anyways i agree with the i love lucy episode, and yeah i have had those brilliant ideas when tooo tired and made a huge mess of things, just ask carol sue. i recentley had one of those days but cant remember what happened, i think its a good thing that i dont remember

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  7:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well, I now have a new part ordered for my food processor and I bought a new blender with _metal_ parts this time. Kind of pricey but I am sure It will last. :) I am glad you all are getting a good chuckle! Even though I was frustrated and kind of felt like "oh gee! What's next?" I was laughing at myself the whole time too! It really was funny!! But in a "I don't want to do that again any time soon!" sort of way!

Alee
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Okay- You ladies are going to laugh at me. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page