True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2005 :  11:45:44 AM  Show Profile
hello everyone!

I am living a busy farm life in sw missouri-have lived here all my life and have always lived in the country--tried to live in town during my college years the first time and it was not a happy time for me!

I am married to a wonderful guy who can build anything-we've been married 27 years-have 4 kids of our own (25, 24, 20, 12) and several "part-time" kids who claim us as parents. Lots of animals live here too and my youngest and i are real suckers for "just one more" dog or cat or ....!

i'm also a registered nurse who is working on my master's degree-i should graduate in may 2006 and will be able to be a family nurse practitioner. i teach 2 days a week at a community college as well.

so we are really busy. sometimes i feel like my life is flying by. i have one great friend and then several acquaintances but feel like i'm missing out on the kind of relationships i read about in maryjane's book or the ones i remember my mom and grandma having with neighbors. hoping this forum will help me get kind of plugged in to those things that are close to my heart-kids, reading, gardening, slowing down to enjoy things.

so that's me in a nutshell. looking forward to getting to know you guys. i'm up at crazy hours of the day and night; maybe some of you are too.

talk to you soon. karen

*a good laugh is sunshine in a house* W.M. Thackery

living' large in MO

PhillyfarmGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Yael
Philadelphia PA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  07:08:47 AM  Show Profile  Send PhillyfarmGirl an AOL message
You are most welcome here Karen! I am so glad you found us in the midst of your very busy life. This forum is a lovely way to connect and reconnect. I think you will find exactly what you are looking for here. I have found all the ladies quite lovely!
Blessings,

Philly Farmgirl

~It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion;
It is easy in solitude to live after our own;
but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd
keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.~
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://homeschoolblogger.com/PhillyFarmGirl/
Go to Top of Page

showmemom
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

karen
carthage mo
USA
166 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2005 :  09:11:41 AM  Show Profile
good morning philly-

thanks for replying-i'm feeling a little shaky out here on the posting limb-haven't really done this before.

everyone has been lovely so far, you're right. i'm loving the stories people tell about aprons or grandmas or chickens and stuff.

thanks again and talk to you soon. karen

living' large in MO
Go to Top of Page

DeeHarp
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Dee
Missouri
39 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2005 :  09:44:20 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Karen,
I live 30 min. south of K.C. MO.
You will really enjoy the women on this forum!
Lots to read and learn!
Dee :-)

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic hello from sw missouri Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page