Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Great Quilt Pattern site.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Great Quilt Pattern site. Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  6:09:58 PM  Show Profile
Hey farm sisters, I found a terrific site, (a Spokane lady, Michele Crawford) for quilt kits & pattrens.
www.flowerboxquilts.com
She has some really lovely quilts.
Enjoy the site, I sure did.
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  6:30:58 PM  Show Profile
Aren't you just getting around and meeting folks, lol......
It was fun reading some of that,
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Flowerbox
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Michele
Spokane WA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  09:31:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Katmom,
Thank you for your kind compliment on my website for Flower Box Quilts! I really appreciated it; and ALL the farm girls who have hit my site already! Wow! I joined this group so I could thank you personally for your support, and offer any help with quilting!

I will be an exhibitor at the Washington State Quilt Guild show in Spokane on October 19 - 21 at the Spokane County fairgrounds. If you come to the show, be sure to stop by and say "Hi" and let me know you're a "farm girl"!

Piece,
Michele

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  11:29:22 AM  Show Profile
Hey Michelle,
So glad you joined us.
"George" from Lowes told me about you. He is from our (former) neck of the woods, Simi Valley/Moorpark Calif.
I love your site and just had to share it with the ladies here.
We are trying to organize a High Tea somewhere in town and as soon as we get the details worked out we'll make sure you know & hopefully can join us.
Again, welcome, welcome, welcome & a great big farmgirl hug.

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  11:31:08 AM  Show Profile
oh, and I am marking my calender for Oct. 19-21, I just have to see your lovely quilts in person.
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Flowerbox
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Michele
Spokane WA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  10:44:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi,
George @ Lowe's did just tell me about you. I had no idea we'd meet like this though - small world, right? See if you hadn't posted that comment......

Yes, if you meet for High Tea please let me know. Have you heard of Brambleberry Cottage & Tea Shop? www.brambleberrycottage.com

If you are interested the next WSQ guild meeting is Sept. 27 at 1 and 7 p.m. at Ft. Wright. Let me know if you need more info.

Welcome to the Spokane area! We're transplants, too! We moved here 21 years ago from OH.

Piece,
Michele
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  11:38:59 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful, gorgeous work you do Michele. I just love your colors and designs. I hope you stick around and join us.
Warm greetings from Vancouver Island,
Diane
Go to Top of Page

Flowerbox
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Michele
Spokane WA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  11:23:15 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Daisy Farm, for your kind compliment! I appreciate it very much. I've been a full-time quilt and needlework designer for the last 18 years while raising 4 very busy kids with my hubby, Tom.
We've had our 3 sons get married in the last year - Aug. 2006 in Nashville, Dec. in Wenatchee, and April in Olympia, WA. Our daughter is graduating from Western Washington University next weekend so then all 4 kids + 3 daughter-in-laws will have finished college; and all are employed

Life is certainly more quiet than it used to be. The majority of time I'm home working by myself except when Tom is home at night so I lead a more "solitary" life most of the time. I love what I do though and work with great people - editors, fabric companies, other designers, etc. It's amazing! No day is ever the same. And, where else can you work at night in your jammies doing something you love?

Piece,
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Flowerbox
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Michele
Spokane WA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2007 :  2:27:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi!
I really appreciate all you Farm Girls who have hit my site recently. Just sent out a new email to my email group with 3 new quilts that are available. You can see them on my website. We're gearing up for the holidays.

Also, I'm going to be coming to Lewiston, ID (just down the road from Mary Jane's Farm) in Feb. 2008 to teach 3 quilt classes, and to give a lecture on scrap quilts. Email me privately if you want info.

Piece,
Michele
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2007 :  09:23:26 AM  Show Profile
How awesome!(ID in 2008) I now suspect that "Retirement" will not be boreing! but rather more busy then when I was working!!!!
My neighbor across the road dropped off her copy of "Stitch'n Time". I will send in a check this week to join up.
I am truly a novice quilter, but am excited at expanding my horizones.
We are still working on a date for a Tea,
I'll let you know when it will be. Hope you will be able to join us.

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Great Quilt Pattern site. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page