Page: of 2

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  1:08:09 PM  Show Profile
I fold it when taking it off the line (in season), and bring it back upstairs to the living room or bed room to fold in the "dryer" season. I really like the line more because, besides the great smell and crispness of the clothes, I feel like when I bring it in all folded, my work is done!! Getting it put away quickly is the trick!
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  2:23:21 PM  Show Profile
Add me to the sicko list.

I like doing laundry too, it forces me to slow down and do something mindless. I usually bring loads in and fold them on the chaise in my bedroom. That way if I don't get it all done it's not visable from the front rooms.

After my divorce it was amazing to me how enjoyable these simple tasks were. I relished doing dishes and looking out the window, folding laundry on the kitchen table while cooking dinner, just simple tasks that allowed my mind to go someplace quiet.

I don't think God ever ment us to go at mock speed like we do.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  12:16:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm a bit compulsive, I guess, when it comes to folding. I don't love it or hate it, it's just a necessity. I DO hate clothes in a basket...it's like digging in quicksand for something.

I bring it all into the bedroom, and take it out of the basket according to "what it is". dh's t shirts first, dh's work t-shirts next, dh's button up shirt's, then dh's socks and underwear, then the same for me, then it's jeans and pants, dh's first then mine. So I have multiple piles going but they all have a reason, see?
We have 3 different colored towels in the bathroom, and 4 of each color, so when I wash them all, and then fold them, I fold them my favorite color to least favorite color, stacked that way, to take into the bathroom shelves.
I also do the color separation thing to my skittles, but that's another story for another day!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  1:59:30 PM  Show Profile
If I don't do it right out of the dryer (or off the line), it doesn't get done, and that's really depressing -- so much needless ironing ahead! My laundry room is too small, so I just schlepp everything into the dining room and organize things there. Someday, I'd love to have a laundry room UPSTAIRS so I wouldn't have to cart baskets up and down stairs all the time. Ugh!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  11:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay- I wish my landlords would just get my washer fixed already! Having to wait 6-12 hours for my washer to spin my laundry out really just dampens my cleaning energy bursts!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2007 :  09:01:49 AM  Show Profile
The kiddos dump the laundry on my bed. I fold it and they put it away. Since we are a large family living in a very small house we are using rubbermaid buckets for the kids clothes.. so everyone has a number that there clothes go into.. anything that needs to be hung is hung in my closet.. not the most effective way of dealing with things but it works for now.. I miss my laundry room. I made a ironing table that is in storage you can see it on my website under jan/feb http://myvintagehome.com I loved that table.. I could fold on it, I could iron my vintage linens on it.. it was so much easier than a ironing board.
I am glad you are feeling better... Do you have kids? inlist their help! :-)
blessings,debra
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  8:00:57 PM  Show Profile
OK, I am enlisting some help...I have 4 big tubs of laundry in the hall...they are all overflowing....They are starting to smell....
All of this talk of fresh, warm clothes has gotten me pumped up!
I *will* tackle this mountain!
I *can* win the war against laundry! Everyone cleaned their rooms and closets..the kids went on a hike today and played in the river...then came home and showered...everyone needed their OWN towel....I changed my bedding and the littlest kids' beds...that makes like 23 load in it's self! No sweat! I have a clothesline, sure it only reaches my belly button on one side...

Who am I kidding...give me some pep talkin' sisters! I need it!
K
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  8:21:10 PM  Show Profile
You can do it Kate! Just think of all the time you'll get to spend outside while hanging your laundry up and all of the meditating you'll get to do while folding it all ;)

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  9:49:39 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE doing laundry, my husband thinks I'm a lunatic about it. He calls me "laundry woman".......... I decorated my laundry room just so it would be nicer when I fold away. I know it's weird..... by the way, my laundry was a dark hole before I spruced it up. jo

plus it's very green, like Babe the Blue Ox when it's snowing madly outside, I make believe it's green.............

"life is drab without a lab"
http://web.mac.com/thomja/

Edited by - jo Thompson on Sep 04 2007 07:29:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

lasagefemme
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Lisa
eastern Washington
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2007 :  03:14:27 AM  Show Profile  Click to see lasagefemme's MSN Messenger address
Katie.....how'd ya do today??? Get any of that laundry done? Tomorrow...my *new* clothesline comes in. Its a 5-line retractable one, made in the USA and ordered in by my new friend at the little True Value Hardware in town. Here it is.....recommended by a friend online who has had hers for 10 years and moved it 4 times.

http://www.farm-home.com/cgi-bin/miva?/mn/t9_main.mv+SORT03+HCS+006420+0510+JDISTRIB3283-2453~~~~~~~

I'm enlisting the two older kiddos...they're 4 1/2 and 6 1/2. They'll get laundry aprons and everything :)

Lisa

*Drink RAW milk*
Go to Top of Page

sweetthunder214
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

theresa
smithville tx
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2007 :  06:01:28 AM  Show Profile  Send sweetthunder214 an AOL message  Send sweetthunder214 a Yahoo! Message
Wow.. what a beautiful laundry room. I wish I had a room for the laundry. Mine is a part of the "mud room" I guess is what you would call it. I live in a trailer home and its at the end of the house along with the door that everyone uses to come and go. There is also a bathroom back there but there is no real room to do anything. It is virtually impossible to keep clean. Everyone walks through leaving shoes and what ever else is in their pocket on my dryer and there are always dirty clothes piled in there. What a horrible way to introduce company into your home. I would love to hear from anyone who has a similar situation and if you do something special or just blow it off to life..
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  08:42:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What a lovely laundry room, Jo!

Right now I am sitting with 2 loads of laundry on my couch begging to be folded, some in the washer and more in other rooms of the house that need gathered, sorted and washed. Luckily I got through about 5 loads of laundry last night!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  11:07:25 AM  Show Profile
Love your laundry room Jo! It is nice...bright and cheery! Love your drying racks to!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~est. 1971
"Sisters on the Fly"

Edited by - Maryjane Lee on Sep 13 2007 11:09:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

myfairlady636
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Janice
Fort Bridger WY
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  1:36:13 PM  Show Profile
I like to fold the laundry on my bed too, then I can put it right away while Im in the bedroom.. If its the kids stuff.. I send it to them to fold.. and put away.

My Fair Lady
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Folding Laundry Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page