Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 School starting, summers over
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic School starting, summers over Next Topic  

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  06:18:54 AM  Show Profile
Monday is the first day of school for my little one. She's attending special needs preschool this year full time. She went last year but came home at noon. This time there will be a nap hour and she won't come home till 2pm. She freaked out over the new nap mat (she was afraid of it) so I have been having her do fun things on the mat like allowing her tv time while she is sitting on the mat or letting her sit on it while we read. I am trying to get her excited about going and telling her she is going on the school bus. She loves the bus! Anyone else started school already?

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  07:38:18 AM  Show Profile
Ayako, my son is going to pre-school for speech delayed children at our regular grade school. He went from 8:30 to noon last year, but this year he'll go until 2. I'm worried about how he'll do going for so long. He had a lot of problems with separation anxiety last year. He's also going to a different class & I have no idea how he'll react to that either. Regular school starts 8/20 but, the pre-schoolers won't be start until after Labor Day. Please keep us posted on how your daughter adjusts to her new class schedule. I hope things go smoothly for both of you.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  09:55:23 AM  Show Profile
I teach! We started teacher in service last monday and will continue this week. The kids start on the 20th. I can't beieve summer is over already! I was so busy with Grad school I never had a break.

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  2:25:49 PM  Show Profile
All I can say is YEAH! Our kids start on the 29th. My daughter is bored, cranky, and ready to get back with her friends.

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  3:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh! I can't believe that it is almost school time again! I am not ready for that!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  12:39:24 PM  Show Profile
Well she came home with no incident at school. I guess she was just fine. She was awake this morning and walked onto the bus by herself. She did really well like she never even has a vacation from school. I asked her how school was but she's never answered questions like that, I think it's too abstract of a question but since she wasn't crying I'm going to assume she had fun.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  1:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ayako-

I am so glad your daughter did so well! Does she still have the feeding tube in? How does that work for school?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  3:53:07 PM  Show Profile
Yes she still has the feeding tube. All her feedings and medicines are given at home but there is a registered school nurse present if they need to use it. They have only used it once to give benedryl when she broke out in hives last year. It is a button that is about 2 inches left of her belly button so the kids don't even see it. Only her teachers and the school nurse and those that need to be in the "know" are aware of it so she won't be embarassed by it but she's blissfully unaware that her button is even different from other people. Sometimes when she pretends to be the mommy and have to put her bear to sleep she will put a syringe in the bear's belly and give him medicine to make him feel better. So I think she believes that's normal.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  4:31:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am glad that such a necessity is so easy for her! It is amazing what kids will adapt to that might throw us as adults, isn't it?

Alee
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic School starting, summers over Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page