Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  04:54:42 AM  Show Profile
I have three pair and wear them when the mood or weather is right.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  09:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
i love jeans, and overalls especially, but i havent worn jeans in a long time.
i mostly wear housedresses and im afraid to admit nightgowns.
i have put on a lot of weight in the last several years, and go more for comfort than jeans will allow. i dont think you have to get bigger as you age, but i had a goiter, graves disease and the weight just came on with a vengence. i was used to weighing about 125-140 at 5'7" and really took the whole weight thing for granted.
my little grandkids help me with acceptance of the changes in my body, cause they are too little to put societal judgements on these things. they are very honest about things.
olivia at 3 one time told me "omie you have the biggest bottom i have ever seen....it is soooo wonderful!"
we went on a trip last year, their mom, me and the 2 kiddos and we visited a animal refuge. when they came to the rhinos, they had a big discusion about how much the rhinos bottom looked like mine. they were not being mean or teasing me, they were really discussing with each other. in a very funny way it helped me appreciate my rhino bottom....but not enough to put it in a pair of blue jeans.....well maybe one day my body will change again...who knows?
at this point in my life and with 2 major illness behind me(and a behind the size of a rhinos) i am just greatful for each day and i love my life.
ooops....what was the question...oh yea, blue jeans, .....well, not so much anymore.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2007 :  2:01:02 PM  Show Profile
I wear jeans, blue and otherwise, lightweight ones in the summer... but will be so happy when waistlines come back up to the waist! Meanwhile, long shirt tails keep me covered

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  09:46:53 AM  Show Profile
During the cold months, my "uniform" is a pair of Eddie Bauer loose fit jeans (each pair is 6+ years old - no low-cut waistline on this body!), an oversized sweatshirt or men's sweater, and whichever pair of Dansko clogs best coordinates with the sweater/sweatshirt. In the summertime, it's oversized cotton shorts and t-shirts...white Dansko clogs with ankle socks. ~ K

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2007 :  10:28:08 AM  Show Profile
Yep, blue jeans for me. The more worn they are, the more comfy they are. A fitted tee, comfy jeans and flip-flops!!

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
www.LaMargueriteFarm.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you wear blue jeans? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page