Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Invited to a country "block party" birthday party
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Invited to a country "block party" birthday party Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  8:51:37 PM  Show Profile
We got a notice in ou mailbox that there's going to be a "block party" about 2 miles down the road a week from Saturday. There will be fireworks (no laws about them in our county so they're legal year-round), swimming (the organizers have a pool), volleyball, hillbilly golf, washers, 3-legged race & other games with prizes, etc., etc. It's being held as a get-together and to celebrate the 85th birthday of a man who lives down the road in the house he was born in. My husband was raised near here and went to church with him, and when I taught school out here 25 years ago he was a much-loved bus driver. Oh, we're also having all sorts of great food -- a pig roasted in a pit, home-made ice-cream, etc. I can hardly wait!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  9:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It sounds like a wonderful time! It sounds just like something from years past brought back to life again! Wouldn't it be fun to have those sorts of get together block parties more often?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Invited to a country "block party" birthday party Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page