Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic daydream Next Topic  

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  4:06:44 PM  Show Profile
Saturday I stopped at a store that I'm going to be doing readings at and noticed there was a little flyer offering the shop for sale. It's in an old home in a very nice part of town and after I left I got to daydreaming about owning it and what I would do with it.

I'd have readings, of course, only readers that I know are honest and good at what they do. I'd have other practioners such as massage therapists and reiki practitioners. I'd have books and things for sale, mostly used books and hand made items that support local folks. (We have lots of those in Oregon).

I'd have lectures by various interesting people, classes, book readings, and so on.

AND I'd be THE place in Oregon to find MJ's goods - books, linens, foods, everything. It would be Farmgirl Heaven, with cooking demos and classes, sewing and crafts nights where folks could just come and work on what they're currently working on in the company of farmgirls, lots of farmgirl decorating, maybe classes or lectures on camping and all that.

I'd have nights where folks could come and work on charity projects that would benefit the community and others.

I keep thinking and thinking of things I'd do. Of course, I don't have the $$ to do it, but it sure makes for lots of good daydreams.

What would you guys do if you had no limits?

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  4:10:39 PM  Show Profile
Gosh I wish you could do it!!
i Know it'd be MY dream too!!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  5:26:46 PM  Show Profile
Good dreams---sometimes I wish I had the monies to give others to fulfill their dreams. Dream on and who knows it could happen. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  6:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That sounds like an awesome daydream! I have had those day dreams before- where I see a business opportunity that I know would be successful, but just don't have the $$ for it. It can be kind of sad to see your opportunity go to some one else! Maybe you could come up with the $$ with a loan?

Hugs!

Alee

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  11:46:51 PM  Show Profile
Hey Patricia,

You should take a good picture of that old home where your daydreams are lingering. Hang that picture where you will see it often and start a "daydream" journal.

Just like you've told us some of the things you would do and offer. Each time you think of another idea put it in "writing".

There is alot of power in the written word..so much so that it is the first evidence and action of making a dream become a reality!

I know this because I did it! It happened over a 3-4 year period but I manifested the positive changes and surroundings that I wanted in my life. And I didn't have the finances to do it when I first had the vision.

If you stop any serious daydreams due to lack of finances you will never manifest any of them...Your willingness to pursue any avenue as it becomes available can bring about this venture for you...

Having a visual and a journal is a necessary tool for anyone that has dreams and aspirations.

By the way, what type of readings do you offer?

Talk to ya soon, queenofdreamsz

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/artfulapronswap.html
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/apronpocketswap.html

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:21:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Stephanie! You sound just like me actually and sometimes we have to be reminded. It wasn't a full-fledged dream until I saw that store but I'm thinking about it more and more.

I'm a pet psychic primarily, but I also do life plan readings and "see dead people". Been doing it for over 30 years.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:31:18 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Stephanie. Don't let the lack of funds stop you. The small business administration can give you some information on practical ways to open your own small business. We own our own business, so I will advise you do do some pretty serious research, especially regarding tax issues (Louisiana just about kills the small business owner with goofy taxes such as a Franchise tax we are required to pay -- even though we aren't a franchise, nor do we ever intend to do it) and other fun and exciting tax requirements. But, even though it's a lot of paperwork sometimes, it's well worth it to us to be our own bosses. My attitude is, if you can dream it, you can do it.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  11:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Patricia-

Sorry to hijack the thread but I see the fed-ed delivered a package to you! Have you opened it yet?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  12:12:58 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Alee, just now! It's my France goodies and I LOVE them!! Whooppeeee!!! Thanks so much! Just one small suggestion - why wrap them in two bed sheets? They could have been wrapped safely in an envelope and saved a lot in weight. Don't take this as criticism, just a suggestion.

I love them!! Thanks so much!!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  12:14:32 PM  Show Profile
I totally agree with you guys and I thank you for your input. Right now it's just a pleasant daydream, but if I ever get serious, I'll be knocking on your door for suggestions. Thanks!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  8:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
I think it sounds wonderful! I would love to stop by when visiting my parents!!

My dream is to own a store again with an old fashioned general store atmosphere and variety but more botique in the quality and uniqueness of items. I want it to be a place where you can find all kinds of wonderfu land unique items and gifts for the home, garden, kitchen, and kids. There would be music and books and furniture and tools and international finds and .... well you get the picture! I want a big porch where customers and anyone really can hang out and chat with eachother or read, have availible ice cold drinks to buy in the summer and hot teas and drinks in the winter so they can sip a drink while they visit and read. The inside will be full of wonderful items, relaxing enjoying sounds and soft enticing smells. But I don't just daydream about it, I already have my business plan written and am just waiting for the day when we settle so I can make the dream reality!

So there is my dream business!

Can't wait to here more!
Hugz to All!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  9:46:44 PM  Show Profile
You are a pet psychic? What exactly is it that you do? Does it involve facilitating communication between owner and pet, or reading the pet's future or what? I'm fascinated.
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  9:57:39 PM  Show Profile
Patricia,
I used to have printed on my checks "hold on to your dreams, they may come true". I firmly believe it. Those who know a little about me; reuniting with my first husband 26 years after we divorced, him buying me a new Corvette, etc, understand. If finances were not the big blockade, I'd jump in with both feet if I was in your situation. I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be hoping you can make this come true.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:51:11 PM  Show Profile
Sherri, I communicate with animals, which means that I can "talk" with them and understand them. If you want more info, please visit my website, www.petreader.com. I've been doing it over 30 years. If you have questions, just ask.

Buttercup, if I should decide to go ahead and do it, you can come and visit anytime and have a cuppa and chat.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  11:44:56 PM  Show Profile
Buttercup,
I love that you have written your business plan...It will come to be! When we put ideas in writing it imprints that thought in a way that just talking about it doesn't.

Although, I have to use the combination of writing and hearing myself speak about the ideas to work out the details I can usually dismiss or rearrange things when I hear myself saying it.

Patricia, I will go check out your website. I've always had a way of balancing an animals energy. My dairy goats used to just about lay in my lap during their labor period and never minded my intervention during the delivery. I had other goatkeepers that had fits with their goats...the goats pushing them out of the delivery stall, etc.

My little 4 pound yorkie that I got a little over a year ago had lived her life in a kennel with a run. It was clean and well kept but once she was home with me in our 2000 sq ft house she didn't have a clue as to how to act. As I always put it, "she lived in a box the first 3 years of her life"!

It took her almost a year before her personality started surfacing. I just let her be and do anything she wanted to do and encouraged the playfulness and vocalizing her moods. She is now a functioning happy well balanced doggie She has alot of special needs after 2 c-sections...mainly a weak bladder so I designed a cloth diaper pattern for her and now she wears a diaper at all times. I use the Poise pads and cut them into strips to place in the diaper. She is happy now and my carpet is too..LOL

Anyway, I'm a huge lover of animals. The doggie especially has made it's way into the family unit in a big way these days. You notice advertisements in magazines and they show a dog on a chair or a bed to cater to the animal owners now..I think it's great.

Ronna, My mom and dad remarried after being divorced for 10 years. That was a strange day when they got back together...LOL They divorced when I was 11 and remarried when I was 21. If any two people weren't supposed to be together it was them so it really threw us when they remarried..That old saying, "Never say Never really applies

Talk to you ladies later,
Stephanie aka queenodreamsz

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.apronpocketswap.html
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.artfulapronswap.html

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic daydream Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page