Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Hair growing- need a partner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Hair growing- need a partner Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  5:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
ok- so I just recently chopped all my hair off- again- to start fresh- it was over processes and icky. I want to start fresh and healthy and without any changes as I would like to see what my hair looks like naturally. I will probably use tea rinse or beer or something, but that is all. I need someone to help grow out my hair with. Anyone????

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  6:40:52 PM  Show Profile
I'm growing my hair out too! I used to shave my head, but when I told my hubby I would start growing it out when I got pregnant. My baby is now 6 months old and I have only had a couple trims. I'm trying to see how long I can get it. It's hard this time of year when it's so hot and sticky. Also my hair is falling out a lot, which I've heard happens after having a baby, but I'm going to try anyway. That's weird that we're both trying to grow our hair and our names are Heather!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  9:42:08 PM  Show Profile
Why don't you two post pictures on her periodically so we can see your progress?
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  06:23:05 AM  Show Profile
Great idea, Sherri...

Heather(s) ... how interesting that you two have the same name! Anyway we'd love to see your before and after photos, if you will share them.

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  07:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Once I get a new camera- it broke on the trip to Texas- I will get one up!!!

Cheers,

Heather
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  08:14:00 AM  Show Profile
I'll try to get one up this weekend. I am going to have my hair trimmed first. It's really uneven!
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  1:51:39 PM  Show Profile
Here is a chart of the best days to do things to your hair by the lunar calendar.
http://morroccomethod.com/lunar.shtml

~~Bridge's Blog~~

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  7:31:01 PM  Show Profile
I've been told that eating peanut butter helps hair to grow, possibly the protine in it or something to that effect. Now, I can't say that this is totally true, I can only give you my experience with it as I haven't tried it again since this fluke of a time. About 14 years ago I went on a mission trip for a month, just before I went I had my hair cut and while we were on the trip we had peanut butter and jelly for lunch about 5 times a week. When I got back I saw the lady who'd cut my hair before I went and she commented on how long my hair had gotten in such a short amount of time, it'd grown 2-3 inches in that month. I told her the only thing I could think of that I'd done differently in that month was to eat so much peanut butter and she said that it could have been what made my hair grow that much extra in that short amount of time.

Good luck with your hair growth! About a year or so ago I cut over 12 inches off mine and donated it to Locks of Love and I'm working on growing it out to do that again.

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  06:22:38 AM  Show Profile
I take hair, skin and nail vitamins. I could never get my hair to grow before but when I started taking this vitamin it has grown to my shoulders! I get mine at WalMart but GNC also sells something like it. My nails grow so fast and my skin is doing better. I swear by these vitamins! Good luck Heathers! Susan
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  3:56:58 PM  Show Profile
Peanut butter helps hair grow? Hmmmmm..... I love peanut butter and eat a lot of it and I'm trying to grow out my hair. It doesn't seem to growing any faster than usual. I wish it made my hair thicker! (very fine hair)

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Hair growing- need a partner Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page