True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  3:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!

I got done with the farmer's market today. I think I did well. I made a good profit- I didn't sell out but I did sell quite a few and I exposed people to the idea of the bath powders. I had several people tell me that they wanted to see me come back next week as they didn't have money at the time. I have a couple of special orders as well. I am very excited. Now I need to work on getting my ones for the Co-Op put together to take down on Monday morning.

I took 30 pint bottles to market and only came home with 13. :) Yay!

Angie- The bath soak softens water and if you have soft water already it makes the water feel ultra silky. The amino acids in the milk help dissolve the dead skin cells. Then if put in either fragrance or essential oil for scent and some coloring so the bath water turns fun colors!

Towards the end of the market, Huckleberrywine and her daughter came to see me and they brought me lots of great jars for canning this fall! It was great to meet Michelle's daughter. She is just as sweet and beautiful as can be!

Afterwards I got a box of nectarines, 15lbs of cherries, and the most delicious musk melon for about $13 from one of the vendors. It was a great day- but now I am so very tired. I stayed up until 3am making the powder and labels, and then I got up at 6:15am to get ready for market!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  4:23:48 PM  Show Profile
way to go!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  6:36:17 PM  Show Profile
The best part of my day today was looking up and seeing Alee and Nora smiling and having a chat with Carol. So fun, and if you haven't seen Alee's milk bath in the bottle, oh my goodness! I'm thinking Christmas presents, but I don't think I can wait that long. We're getting good and dirty at the farm today (came home for dinner) and looking forward to trying out our lovely milkbath stuff. Oh-la-la!

Thanks Alee, you're an absolute dear!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  7:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Guess what I did when I got home from market, Michelle? Lavender bath! :) It was so nice to see you and so nice to unwind after a very nice day at the market!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  7:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I got sold out of the Lavendar, Lavender Vanilla, and Vanilla Sea but I have Patchouli, Gardenia, Lavendar, Bright Orange, Lavander Vanilla, Vanilla, Vanilla Sea, and Sea scents. So here is a picture of some that I took to market:

Each scent is a different color.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  9:28:16 PM  Show Profile
oh YIIIIIPPPPEEEEE, Alee I am so excited for you. Yell if you need help and we will figure something out. Something tells me you will be a very busy girl. And what Teresa was talking about about the refunds if people want more and bring the bottles back giving them a slight discount. Not sure that is real feasible. And you should be tired girlfriend!!!!!
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  10:46:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee, I'm so happy for you...Those dairy bottles are a very good thing!!

...til next time - queenofdreamsz

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  11:06:13 PM  Show Profile
This is so exciting. I'm happy for you. I hope you have some great success.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  07:19:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Everyone! I appreciate all the support! I went last night and got 2 new essential oils- peppermint and rose. I am pretty excited!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  10:15:30 AM  Show Profile
How cool for you Alee. To do something you love and make a few extra bucks at the same time! As to the bottle "deposit", if you were to give them a break on buying more when they return your bottle, maybe 50 cents or so....unless the supply of bottles from the dairy is huge and you wouldn't run out for a long time. you know what they cost you and whether it would be a help or PITA to deal with them being returned to you.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  7:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I don't think I will do a deposit system at this time. I would basically have to keep a bank account just for that so that I wouldn't spend the deposits or always make sure that I had enough cash on hand to return deposits. So I will be marketing individual bags without the bottles for half price. That way if you invest in the bottle once, you can keep it and not have to worry about it. But it would be a good idea if I had a store front or something like that :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Really Great News! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page