katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  10:28:17 AM  Show Profile
I am here in Spokane, DH, 4 furbabies & I survived the grueling 2 day drive...
Ok, fast forward, 1st, hugz to you all, I so missed chatting with everyone.
Hope I am current with all my swaps, if I am not, plz let me know.
My computer is having issues, go figure, so I am using my hubbies laptop. It's tuff being a 1 computer family. I need to either have mine repaired again or just buy a new one.
We are still up to our eyeballs in boxes....not making much progress. We have to wait for the carpet to be laid in the downstairs family room and need to buy some new office furniture.
We are also having a barn built but from start to finish it will take 6 weeks. Until then all of my hubbies tools/woodworking tools & more boxes are stacked up in the garage...
Boxes, boxes & more boxes everywhere I look! I think I will go shopping to get over my frustratuion!!! hahaha!
ok, hubbie is giving me the "stink eye" to get off the computer and get going, we have to run into town to get some vehicles registred. Boring!
Well tata-4-now
hugz,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  10:39:38 AM  Show Profile
Good Girl!!

Welcome Back sister!!
So happy to hear your setteling in!!
We REALLY miss you!!!

Take care.. & get those dang boxes unpacked woman!!!

Love ya!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  11:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Just think- Soon you will be all done with the boxes and moving and you will have a nice new home to enjoy and you are so much closer to all of us farmgirls now! Yay!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  3:40:13 PM  Show Profile
Yeahhhhhh Grace,
So glad they finally got you hooked up. Hey do you want a vistor tomorrow for
moral support with all those boxes. Just let me know.
Yeahhhhhh you are back.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  4:18:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Grace! So glad you made it! We will have to get together once you get settled! I'd come help you this week, but tomorrow I have to have my surgery on my cheekbone, from my silly cherry tree accident. But maybe next week if you need help organizing cupboards, etc. Let me know!

Welcome to Spokane!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  01:16:39 AM  Show Profile
Thanx Carol Sue, but once again I have to go into town, I made photo copies of some paperwork to take to the D.O.L., they don't accept copies!! so yet another trip into town...Saturday the new bed room stuff comes...getting tired of the areobed,,,,
Brenda, I am so sorry to hear about you accident. I hope you are doing much better.
I will be having a housewarming tea party in August, I'll send out the "invite" to all who would love to attend. I suspect it will be either in middle or late august,,,but we will get together. Alee, hope you can attend.
I spoted a little tea shop in town on Division, it has a little gold vintage trailer parked out infront. I'll have to check it out one of these days.
Ok, it's way past my bed time & I have to get up early to head into town. Maybe I can talk my DH to stop bt Joanns fabrics.
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  08:51:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I would love to come Grace!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  09:24:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Grace!! You made it. Well only 17 more days and I'll be joining you! I am glad you had a sfae trip and finally made it home ; )

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  11:08:08 AM  Show Profile
grace we know of a tea shop that is closer than that a little off the beaten path

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  12:46:11 PM  Show Profile
Grace,
Just let me know when to come hang out and help. Don't you just love paperwork!!!
Amanda, only 17 days, wow, that went quick.....

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  6:19:30 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue & Teresa("momx3-almost")
we'll have to go check out that tea shop that is closer....give me a week and I should be back to normal "princess grace" mode!
Firemama, hurry on up here, did Carol Sue mention it's been in the mid-high 90's everyday!!!!???? It could even get up to 100 in the next day or so,,,oh wait, you live in Modesto, silly me, you know what hot is!.....I use to spend summers (as a teen) up in Biola, just outside of Fresno. Talk about hot!!! We had to follow behind the field workers who picked the grapes. We did the gleaning,,,,between the hornets, heat & dirt we still managed to have fun. After every couple rows we would run down to the irrigation canal, jump in and back out & glean another row.
ok, enough babbling from me... gotta get dinner going. I think DH want's to do some more painting on the downstairs family room, tonight.
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  8:55:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey Grace do you want to make a Buggy Barn fat quarter run this Saturday, 1st of the month or would you rather wait unitl September. The also have a quilt show this month, I will have to go look it back up.
Let me know,
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  11:07:47 PM  Show Profile
aauugghh!!!!!!! tempting, but we have some furniture being delivered on Sat.
Tell ya what, let me find out if they can give me a time frame....
nite nite,

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  11:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Grace,
I am so glad you made it there safe and sound! I can't wait to see pictures and hear more about your progress! Happy Housewarming!!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  3:28:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanx Talitha,
how are things in your neck of the woods?

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  3:33:07 PM  Show Profile
hey girl,
Taken a time out....
Good for you.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  3:55:30 PM  Show Profile
DH is weed wacking, so I snuck in here for a quick "fix" hahaha!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  9:09:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Grace. Glad to hear you and your family made a safe move. I have lived in the same house as long as I have been married and have never moved. Can't imagine how much time, effort and stress it must put on you. Remember to breath.

Friends are the best collectables.

Edited by - Shirlaroo on Aug 03 2007 9:12:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  9:32:59 PM  Show Profile
"Breathing" is good. I plan to do alot of that shortly, when they major part of moving in is done!.
My father was career Army, so I grew up on military bases and we moved about every 2 years. The when I got married I stayed put in the same community for nearly 35 years....I am looking forward to spending the next 20+ years here before having to go to that "old foggys" home! haha!
I had a co-worker who was from New Zealand, she traveled back every year. I loved hearing about her trips. I assume you are a native Aussie,?
Post pic's of your lovely countryside.
farm girl hugz,

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  9:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Yes I am native Aussie. infact I have never left this country. I have some lovley landscape photos on file, but like you I am having computer problems. Hoping to get them fixed soon so I can post them.

Friends are the best collectables.
Go to Top of Page

EllynAnne
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

EllynAnne
Pueblo CO
108 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  11:24:15 AM  Show Profile
Grace, hey! This is the first time I've logged in to MJF since our meeting in that French restaurant! That our paths crossed in such an out of the way place is amazing, but it's your locating to Spokane, not aprons this time, that is providing six degrees of separation: A week ago yesterday, July 27th, the 28-year-old who jumped off the bridge, taking his life, is my nephew. The challenge of living life disabled by a crushing mental illness simply proved too much. He is and will forever be missed by a loving family.

Now, as to my initial reason for writing today - I am designing a New Bride's Advice apron, and I'm seeking advice for printing on the fabric. All advice is appreciated, and if chosen, will be accompanied by the contributor's name. Example: Don't correct his table manners. He already has a mother. EllynAnne Geisel.

Hoping to hear from y'all! and thanks for listening.

EllynAnne
www.apronmemories.com

Tie One On...an apron, of course!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  11:34:08 AM  Show Profile
I love the buggy barn . . . when is their show, Carol Sue? Can't wait until Grace is settled and I'm back up to "snuff" so we can all get together and have a "girls day" . . . farmgirls that is!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  9:56:21 PM  Show Profile
EllynAnne,
I am so sorry for your loss, the night they showed him, we were praying, it was so hard to hear the news that he jumped. I am so sorry for your loss.
Okay Brenda going and looking, yes love the buggy barn tooo.
Okay here is the info
Buggy Barn Quilt Shoe
August 25th and August 26th
10am to 4pm
It is a Saturday and Sunday.

Enjoying life.

Edited by - Carol Sue on Aug 04 2007 10:08:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  3:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Hey there, EllynAnne,
It goes w/o saying, our hearts & prayers are with you & your nephew's family.
Mental illness is truly a misunderstood illness.
Having worked for the Sheriff's department for nearly 17 years, our department has taken the matter to great concerns. In the past decade the number of "Suicide by Cop" has greatly risen. I even had a High School classmate come to our police station & start randomly firing at the building. Sadly our SWAT team had to do what had to be done to protect the civilians in the building. No matter what, 1/2 the community will never agree with the method used to get control of the situation, but unlike T.V., we can not predict or plan a less lethal result. That is why our department has incorporated the skills & training of NAMI (Nat. Assoc. of Mental Illness).
Didn't mean to rattle on. I really hope as time passes your families grief from the lose of their son will be less painful.

It was such a delight to meet you at Cafe' Provencial in Thousand Oaks.
And, boy-o-boy, let me put my thinking cap on for some cute "Bride Witicisims"....goodness knows, with my M.I.L.,,,,I can think of a few!!!!!
Maybe you can incooprerate a section of "101 things the new husband Should NOT say to his bride" ex: "this doesn't taste like my moms stew",,,haha!
I have to admit, I managed to hit a few antique shops yesterday,,,and found 2 cute aprons, like as if I need any more!!, (a gal can never have enough). I have been using faux hat boxes to store all my aprons in, but I love that you used a little vintage luggage to keep yours in. May I "borrow' that idea from you????
Ok, now I realy have babbled way to much.
I'll catch ya later on the flip/flop.
hugz,

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Aug 05 2007 3:19:37 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic katmom is here... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page