Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  9:18:54 PM  Show Profile
I know this topic has been on the forum in some form, but I would like to open it again. I have been reading several books and on line about the differeent diets that are the healthiest for me. I am overweight, and have health problems. I know we have many vegatarian on this board, but do any of you follow the Hallelujah Diet. It is 85% raw and 15 % cooked vegetable, fruits some grains and beans.

I have rheumatoid arthritis (severe) and asthma. I am allergic to many chemical and foods. If any of you would like, please share what has helped you physically (inflamation) or any way. I need your wisdom and insight. If you would rather, please e-mail me persoonally

Thank you

Linda H.

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  10:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Linda,
Thanks for the topic, this has become my passion... a few years ago I was diagnosed with Lupus and shortly after that diagnosis came the diagnosis of breast cancer... I went from being a size 10 to a size 16 in three short months - mostly because of the steriods I was taking for the Lupus... I had never had a weight problem before that.. I found myself on 13 different meds and in really miserable shape..............I am a HUGE fan of the Hallelujah Diet ( and if Raw is where you want to be Carol Alt has 2 really great books, too).........My conviction for me in the healing process ( I still have weight to loose and health issues)that I do best on the Hallelujah diet as I it is an AWESOME healing diet.... I also know that it has been a struggle for me to stay on.. and when I fall off it I try to follow Jordan Rubins (The great physicians RX).. meats are exceptable, but they are "clean meats and grass fed" dairy is RAW... but it is still 85% 15%..

I am happy to report that my Lupus is in remission and my breast cancer is at bay.. I am 100% drug free..........there are TONS of research articles on the benefits of green products ( like Barley and blue green algae for arthritis - even through John Hopkis univercity.. as well as drinking 1/2 your body weight in water in ounces for asthma and inflamation.....(read "the bodies many cried for water).........as Lupus, like Arthritis is a systemic issue anytime I dont do what I know to do, I tend to have issues..............I am still learning and battling my way through, and still battling the weight and sticking with the program even one as great as Hallelujah acres.. but if support is what your needing, count me in.......

Rene'~Farm Girl
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure......"
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  8:08:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for replying. Is there anyone else who would share some experience, strength on healthy eating?

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  5:19:13 PM  Show Profile
I went on an only meat, vegi's, fruit and water diet. I lost 14 lbs in 8 days and discovered that wheat makes me bloat, I felt better too and had alot more energy. It's really hard for me to stick to that diet though.

http://diaryofafarmerswife.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  09:41:02 AM  Show Profile
I've never heard of the Hallelujah diet but it sounds like something I would like. My mother has severe blockages that the dr.s refuse to do surgery on and have put her on the "dean ornish reversal diet". Her cholesterol dropped 100 points in a months time! It's basically a strict vegan diet. She and my dad both say they feel so much better and stronger with all arthritis pain gone also.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

www.mikkijo.etsy.com

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Healthy eating Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page