Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Riding a Bike..... Next Topic  

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  04:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
Ok, when I was a little girl my grandfather used to buy old bikes and refurbish them so that when all us grandkids were there we had bikes to ride. He had an old bike that he painted black and orange and I called it my Halloweencycle....I loved it. One speed, brakes on the pedals. I used to ride that bike for hours......I would leave in the morning and not return till I either got hungry or couldn't hold it any longer.
It actually looked alot like this one only the red was black and the white was orange.

I loved this bike!

Well last night at around 11:30 pm I finally sat down with my Country Living Magazine and read the most delightful article on old bicycles. Then off to google I got this morning and look what I found!

Oh my I gotta have it! My 40th birthday is coming up in September and what an awesome item this would be to ride through town in the fall! Oh the travels and fun I could have! I can't wait to show hubby!

It just screams my name! I feel like I am twelve again!
Gotta love that!

Have a stupendous day!

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry.
And I know you do the same things too, So we're really
not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye

Edited by - cabinmoose on Jul 31 2007 04:52:26 AM

jcbtxstars
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julia C
Midland Texas
USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  05:41:29 AM  Show Profile
That is a darling bicycle...crossing my fingers for you...
Julia
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  06:09:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
How cute, Lorna. I hope it comes home to your house! Then maybe you could put a basket on the front to carry your lunch and a book so you could just bicycle away on a nice fall afternoon. What fun! :D

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  07:17:36 AM  Show Profile
I love this bike!! Where did you find it? I had forgotten that bike seats used to have springs, no wonder I used to like riding more back than, now my butt gets sore. Would love to have one for rides around the neighborhood.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  07:24:45 AM  Show Profile
Is that a new bike or a refurb? Either way it's great!
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  07:25:59 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
It is a new bike they are made by electrabike.com There are many styles to choose from but the daisy screams my name!

Lorna

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  08:12:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
that looks like lots of fun! I hope it works out for you!

I was given a 10 speed racing bike when I was younger and it was this really ugly yellow color and it was in rideable condition but it was rusting and not that nice. So dad and I worked really hard on it. We fixed up the tires, sanded the body down and painted it a pretty cobalt blue color. We had some spray paint that put cool splatter and splatter web type designs on when you sprayed it so we did that with hot pink and turquoise over the cobalt blue. We then wrapped the handle bars in black racing tape. It was the coolest bike and I _loved_ riding it around town. Unfortunatly it got stolen when I was at the swimming pool one day. I was devestated. The police found it in the canal when it was drained later that year. Too bad it was ruined from being submerged in the canal water. :(

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  08:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
Alee,

Awwwwww I am so sorry!

I remember trying to jump a ditch with it, following in my cousin's tracks and wound up face down in the ditch with mud from head to toe and a busted tooth!

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  08:30:07 AM  Show Profile
Ouch Lorna, that would have hurt,
Way bummer Alee
My mom still has an older bike not quite like the first picture and she rides it every once in a while, she is 71 and quite the lady.
Here is hoping for that very cool 40th birthday present for you.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  08:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
also while the website is not the most user friendly, they do have an accessory section with a nice selection of baskets. I could ride it Saturday mornings to the Farmers Market! How hip would I be!

Cheers,

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  5:16:36 PM  Show Profile
Gorgeous! I hope you get it! I got a Schwinn 1960's bicycle-built-for-two for my birthday this year. Love it! I especially like the old ones with baskets for bringing home treasures. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  08:47:52 AM  Show Profile
I'm getting my bike out today and pumping those tires up. I need the exercise and it's been sitting idle around too long!
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  5:36:12 PM  Show Profile
My son paints cars and trucks and whatever and sometimes he can barter with someone for his labor. Unbeknownst to me he painted someones boat and in return he got me a Schwinn bike manufactured in 1957! It is rusty but it rides like a dream! My dh wired a basket on the front so I can take goodies to the Amish kids next door! I had forgotten how freeing it is to ride a bike. He made his mom real happy! Mommom
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  6:04:49 PM  Show Profile
Cute!! I love old bikes too! What was that movie with Mimie Driver? (remember where she gets the heart replacement and then unknowingly falls in-love with the widowed husband of the doner.) I loved the movie but I especially loved her bike! I always have wanted an old red and white schwinn! Best of luck!!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  6:05:59 PM  Show Profile
Oops! I meant Donor not doner. Can't spell today! LOL! Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  09:06:55 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Past Blessings

Cute!! I love old bikes too! What was that movie with Mimie Driver? (remember where she gets the heart replacement and then unknowingly falls in-love with the widowed husband of the doner.) I loved the movie but I especially loved her bike! I always have wanted an old red and white schwinn! Best of luck!!~ Brenda

The movie is called "Return to Me." It stars Minnie Driver, David Duchovny, David Alan Greer, Robert Loggia, Bonnie Hunt, Jim Belushi...and possibly the *best* performance ever given by Carroll O'Connor. Parts of it were filmed in Chicago - which is why the movie is part of my collection. My favorite part with the bike is when the nun rides it, climbing on while shaking her head the entire time!!

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  09:42:23 AM  Show Profile
That's right! How could I forget, since they play the song "Return to me" throughout the movie! I absolutely loved that movie!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Riding a Bike..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page