Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Getting to Know You Better - Revisited
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting to Know You Better - Revisited Next Topic
Page: of 2

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  06:23:14 AM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...my family, gardening and getting new garden catalogs, birds, NFL Football, nature

I ALWAYS...drink my tea outside to watch the sun rise(even at -20), park my butt on the couch on Sunday afternoons during football season, put my hair in braids on the weekends to keep it out of my way, go to work with a smile 'cause everyone I meet during the day needs it, hug and kiss my dh, children, grandson and dogs every day I see them, wear cotton socks, appreciate and pray for our men and women in the military.

I NEVER TIRE OF...new shoots in spring, blazing colors in fall, the mountains, birdsongs, gardening, shoveling snow, working in my yard, watching/hearing thunder and lightning, fireworks, military jets flying overhead (doesn't happen very often), fire trucks going by.

I CAN CONSUME...too much chocolate, any seafood daily (except oysters and sushi), everything that comes out of my garden, fresh corn on the cob for dinner and nothing else.

I WEAR...jeans/sweats, long skirts, button down shirts, sweaters with turtlenecks, long johns in winter, cotton socks (with wool socks over them when hunting or skiing).

I LIKE...Mashed potatoes and gravy, corn on the cob the same day it is picked, cobalt blue glass, all flowers, all animals, the simple things.

I LOVE TO...sit in my porch swing under the shade of my ash tree, listen to my dh and daughter sing, watch the sun rise, watch hummingbirds vie for a spot at the feeder, watch a football game when my team (Buffalo Bills) is playing dh's team (Denver Broncos), sing in church, walk/hike through the forest alone, swim in the creek, hunt elk, go fishing, garden (play in the dirt), find new rocks for the yard/garden.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...this part is hard...I'm very grounded and believe that while I'm a realist I'm also an optimist.

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  06:42:56 AM  Show Profile
How fun!

I AM CRAZY ABOUT... God, my family, sewing, reading and flowers

I ALWAYS...try to think of others first

I NEVER TIRE OF...listening to my children laugh. Quilting, looking at fabric...

I CAN CONSUME...too much ice cream!

I WEAR... denim or khaki pants/shorts and tees or button up tops. FLIP FLOPS

I LIKE... moose and the cabin feel, aprons, vintage anything. I like just being home most of the time! History

I LOVE TO...be with my family, keep learning new things, make things for people
THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...what you see is what you get. I love my friends, both here (with me face to face) and all over the country

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  06:52:06 AM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT..my husband, my kids, my goats, my horses, all my critters
I ALWAYS.. kiss my dh in the morning and at night, tell my kids Ilove them all the time
I NEVER TIRE OF...being in the saddle, this forum,
I CAN CONSUME...anything that is fried, vegetables straight from the garden, homemade bread, a good margarita
I WEAR... mostly jeans, tee shirt but always have on boots
I LIKE... homemade things, bluegrass music, riding my horse bareback when the sun is setting.
I LOVE TO... barrel race, wake board, gardening, sew, crochet, ride 4-wheelers, get mud between my toes.
THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... play the piano, the best thing about me is I'm blessed with friends.
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
www.homesteadblogger.com/twolmzfarms
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  07:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
okay, i'll give this a try:
i'm crazy about: being a stay at home "omie", my grandkids are the light of my life!
i always:drink coffee in the morning and catch up on the farmgirls
i never tire of: the farm and trying to come up with ways to improve it
i can comsume:unfortunately the list is long and growning, chocolate, hamburgers, steak ,potatoes, ice cream with potatoe chips,zucchini cookies, carrot cake , etc,etc,etc,
i wear:layered clothing, tank tops, pants or skirt and a domestic goddess apron or 2. i feel naked without my dg apron on.
i like: people that are authentic even if they arent pc. i like artist/crafters/musicians/ i like folks that are not bullies and would rather walk away from a fight than keep one going. (unless there is a real cause to fight for and then i'll be there with ya)
i love to; create things and come up with new ways to use things that might normally be discarded. i love to share ideas with my grandkids and watch them create and get excited about the farm or something that doesnt require anything besides their imagination.
the best thing about me:i have no intentions that are hidden, what ya see is what ya get.
i'm not gamey. i'm loyal.
there that wasnt so bad, in fact it was fun.
now i'm ready to read some more about ya'll.

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  09:03:39 AM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT... my gorgeous husband, Tim; my family; my adorable dog, Kyle; God and my faith; my hobbies.

I ALWAYS... procrastinate. Been doing it since I was old enough to do it on purpose and I'll probably never stop.

I NEVER TIRE OF... laughing. I love to laugh and love to make people laugh. I can usually find humor in anything and we spend half of our day in the HR office in tears due to laughing so hard.

I CAN CONSUME... more cheese than the state of Wisconsin can produce. I am a cheese-a-holic.

I WEAR... a uniform (work pants, polo shirt) at work, long skirts and Dansko Mary Janes outside of work, and shorts/t-shirts/barefoot at home. I think that bras should be banned, by the way.

I LIKE... romance. Whether it be in books or movies or on TV, I am a SUCKER for romantic stories! (One of my favorite "couples" is Christy Huddleston and Dr. Neil MacNeill in the "Christy" series - I'm all about star-crossed lovers.)

I LOVE TO...daydream. I'm writing a book and often sit and daydream about what I want to happen in my novel. I also daydream about the future log home we are going to live in.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... I'm honest, dedicated, independent, and loyal.

my blog: http://catholiccountrygirl.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  09:15:12 AM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT - My husband, my kids, my friends and family, my animals, my neighbors and my farmgirl lifestyle
I ALWAYS - Thank God for all of the above
I NEVER TIRE OF - reading, cooking, being creative, and spending time with my hubby, (now that we are technically empty nesters), and being courted by my hubby. Ain't romance grand?
I CAN CONSUME - farm fresh veggies, farm-raised beef and just plain good food shared with great friends
I WEAR - shorts, sleeveless shirts and tennies in the summer, jeans, flannel shirts over long-sleeved tees and ankle boots in the winter (all six days of it that we have here in the South!)
I LIKE - life; weaving, refinishing old furniture, daydreaming, antiquing/junking, spending time with friends, baking, decorating, farming, gardening, just about everything. I'm ALWAYS open to meeting new friends and seeing new places I LOVE TO
THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS - I've learned to listen and be a good friend, yet I'm not a high-maintenance friend or person.

Ladies, this is a great idea! I feel as if I've known all y'all forever!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting to Know You Better - Revisited Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page