Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Getting to Know You Better - Revisited
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting to Know You Better - Revisited Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  8:38:10 PM  Show Profile
There are so many new Farmgirls I thought this would be fun to do again. I searched the archives and have attached it below because I wasn't sure how to reactivate the original post. I was shocked that it had been 2 years!!!

Hey Farmgirls, are you all as curious as me about each other? I can gather snippets of info. about each of you from different posts, but I'm always wishing I knew more. The following is alittle fill-in-the-blank that I used in my scrapbooking classes. A great ice breaker and Moms would use it with their children at different ages...can be quite funny and makes a cute page. Anyway, I thought if we used it here it'd be a fun way to learn more about each other and the things we have in common. Here it is. I hope some of you want to play!

I AM CRAZY ABOUT...

I ALWAYS...

I NEVER TIRE OF...

I CAN CONSUME...

I WEAR...

I LIKE...

I LOVE TO...

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...

There you go. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

farmgirl hugs,
kim

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund

Edited by - The Handmaiden on Jul 29 2007 8:41:32 PM

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  9:03:53 PM  Show Profile
A great idea Kim. what about you ??
Okay, I will play. Corinne

I AM CRAZY ABOUT... trees

I ALWAYS... drink my coffee black

I NEVER TIRE OF... fabrics and quilting

I CAN CONSUME... hours daydreaming

I WEAR... dresses or men shirts with pants

I LIKE... the wind

I LOVE TO... cook

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... I am a caring and loving friend

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  9:54:44 PM  Show Profile

I AM CRAZY ABOUT... my handsome honey hunk husband hank!!!

I ALWAYS... kiss my man good morning and good night .. and lotsa' times in-between!

I NEVER TIRE OF... being 'creative'

I CAN CONSUME... time with 'the gurlfrenz'

I WEAR... gypsy clothes

I LIKE... creating fun adventures and going on fun adventures

I LOVE TO... be with my children and grandchildren .. making memories!

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... i am a 'true friend' .. a loving wife and mom and grammie!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  9:56:00 PM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...my cow Mona

I ALWAYS...set myself up for morning before I go to bed at night

I NEVER TIRE OF...sewing

I CAN CONSUME...cottage cheese and fresh tomatoes three meals a day

I WEAR...either bib overalls with a tee shirt, or a skirt or jumper or jeans with a tee and apron, if I don't have the overalls on-I DO have the apron on at home.

I LIKE...to plan and do big fun theme birthday parties for my kids

I LOVE TO...read

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME...I am friendly

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Jul 29 2007 9:56:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  10:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...My kids and BOOKS!!

I ALWAYS...have coffee in the morning, and envision a good day

I NEVER TIRE OF...sewing and reading and hugs from my kiddos

I CAN CONSUME...a pot of coffee, and chocolate for breakfast

I WEAR...Usually a peasant skirt/tanktop and flips

I LIKE...to daydream about my own farm soneday

I LOVE TO...read and sew

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME...I am open minded and care about YOU!!!

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.

Edited by - Firemama on Jul 29 2007 10:01:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  10:06:00 PM  Show Profile
Corinne - I have to confess, I never did my list on the original one. I never can just list one thing! And after reading yours I realized I left out fabric,wind and trees!! See what I mean? I guess we can illustrate the two different ways to fill it out. OH MY! you might be sorry.

I’M CRAZY ABOUT…sunsets at the beach, being a mother, flower & vegetable gardens, planting seeds, fresh, homegrown tomatoes, my mother’s cooking, long walks, feeding the birds, watching the birds feed each other, animals, especially baby ones, baskets, old quilts, tea in bed with my wise old friend, people who have lots of general knowledge, making jelly, water anywhere: oceans, rivers, lakes, etc., all kinds of music, real mail, hearts, hands, books, cotton sheets in the summer & flannel sheets in the winter, handwork, nature and the outdoors, rocking chairs, front porches, massages.

I ALWAYS…brush my teeth, have polish on my toes, eat dessert, take bubble baths at night and showers in the morning, try to think positive, cry when I’m very happy or real sad, kiss or hug hello & good-bye, tell my family & friends I love them, stay in touch with friends, Pray, write thank you notes.

I NEVER TIRE OF…long walks in the woods or the beach, returning with a pocketful of treasures, autumns changing colors and springs new green, the smell of wood burning , starry nights in the country, my quiet time, traveling to someplace new, moon vine and morning glories on my fence, sunflowers and zinnias, kindness, good manners.

I CAN CONSUME…anything sweet, lots of Mexican food w/ beer, black coffee, fish, fruit & fresh veggies, home cooking, sushi, homemade bread slathered* with real butter(*southern word – only in the south do people slather anything).

I WEAR…linen and cotton, jeans and tee shirts, black suits, silver jewelry, heels, flats,flip-flops, but would rather be barefooted, baseball caps & straw hats, turtlenecks, an apron at work.

I LIKE…seeing fields of cotton, drives in the country, barns, bridges and old churches, night sounds, sheep, to procrastinate, senior citizens, waking up early, to be alone to regain my energy, presents for no reason, birthdays celebrated the whole month, outdoor plays and concerts, the smell of a pipe, wood wind instruments, drummers and trumpet players & the music they make, creative greeting cards, learning something new, raking leaves, the Sunday paper in bed with coffee, to dance, singing out aloud, asking questions.

I LOVE…. my children, my family, to laugh & the people who make me, old friends, new friends, intelligent conversations, touch, to cook, people who are genuine, sensitive men, babies, kissing, full moons, the smiles and laughter of children, phone calls from my kids, bedtime, starting something new, when I “get it”, knowing that everyone and everything in my life is connected to the whole and that it’s a good thing even if the experience isn’t.

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  10:18:01 PM  Show Profile
Kim, you made may day.... thank you for putting in words what was in my sould. I like almost EVERYTHING you wrote about. Cannot tell you how my spirits are lifted now. And I needed it because I have in front of me a day at waiting at different places in Kuwait to hopefully have my local driver licence issued this week. So now I feel full of joy and energy and will think of you during the day. Thank YOU again.
Corinne
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  10:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...my family

I ALWAYS...have to say "I love you" to my loved ones in the house before I can sleep and before we leave for the day

I NEVER TIRE OF...this forum!

I CAN CONSUME...huge amounts of chocolate and ice cream!

I WEAR...the same clothes forever and my great great Aunt's apron

I LIKE...Egyptian Arabian Horses

I LOVE TO...spend time on farms and ranches

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I love to help out if I can.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  11:12:42 PM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...my grandmother, my kids, grandkids, and my great-granddaughter

I ALWAYS...pray for my granddaughter in Iraq

I NEVER TIRE OF...looking at craft books and magazines and dreaming up new ideas for crafts

I CAN CONSUME...my wieght in ice cream especially coffee ice cream

I WEAR...jeans, overalls, capris, and broomstick skirts

I LIKE...to drive in the country

I LOVE TO...sit down and talk to my grandmother, I love to tell stories, and embroider

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...i'm cool

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  11:27:44 PM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT... homemaking and history.

I ALWAYS... sing and drink tea everyday

I NEVER TIRE OF... Les Miserables musical (I know it by heart)

I CAN CONSUME... good bread and cheese for every meal

I WEAR... what makes me feel beautiful - classic feminine clothes. And petticoats.

I LIKE... when I notice the sunshine through the trees.

I LOVE TO... read all day in the hammock and cook for my handsome fella.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME... I think our world is the most interesting, wonderfully exciting place there is.

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  11:28:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh you gals this is sweet,
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...my honey,dh, my granddaughters, my kids,
enjoying life, sunsets, watching the clouds drift in the sky
playing with my 2 little dogs, Lucy and Dudette

I ALWAYS...drive myself nuts!!!! try to fix it, love my family(not always like them)

I NEVER TIRE OF...walking on the beach, sunsets, a good glass of wine with a friend, talking to my honey dh, laughing, having a good time, singing at the top of my lungs with my cds and booging to it.

I CAN CONSUME...ice cream, pepsi, books by the tons,

I WEAR...summer, jean shorts, t-shirts, pj's and a towel..
winter jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts

I LIKE...peanut butter and pickle sandwiches, hanging out with Kaitren and Bethany, hanging out with any of my farmgirls, talking to my mom and dad, sister and 2 brothers, walking in the rain, playing in the dirt

I LOVE TO...read, embrodiery, quilting, kicking the fall leaves and hearing the sound, a fresh piece of bread my dh bakes, hearing the sound the sand makes at the beach when you make it squeak, finding a good find

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I love life and am a good listener.

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  02:19:22 AM  Show Profile
This is a great thread; I am learning just why it is I like you all so much.....we all have lots in common!!

I AM CRAZY ABOUT...my family (sometimes driven crazy BY my family!)

I ALWAYS...read the Bible after breakfast.

I NEVER TIRE OF...hearing birdsong, watching the setting sun throw shadow patterns of my lace curtains onto the brick fireplace, checking the garden in spring for new shoots poking through the ground, seeing trees on fire with brilliant autumn colors, retelling favorite family stories around the dinner table, surveying the Christmas tree in the livingroom lit only by the tiny white lights on the tree and candleglow.

I CAN CONSUME...my weight in one of my girlfriend's guacamole recipes, or my mother's turkey stuffing, caesar salad and eggplant parmesan.

I WEAR...earrings and perfume every day, and feel undressed without them! Jeans, comfy sweaters, birkenstocks, long skirts. Can wear some items of clothing out, and I mean out!

I LIKE...to cook, to make bread and smell it baking, to have my family and friends over for a nice meal, to sit on the front porch and watch the rain fall, to daydream, visit new places, wake up to a snowy wonderland (REALLY rare!).

I LOVE TO...read, knit, make pottery, stumble across a great deal on something I would love to have, to learn a new skill, and find a good friend.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...my sense of humor, and my sense of wonder at the beauty of nature.
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4196 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4196 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  05:11:04 AM  Show Profile
I found this post fun to read, but it is hard for me to come up with the things about me!! I am not a writer! But will try......

I AM CRAZY ABOUT....my cows

I ALWAYS....get up early

I NEVER TIRE OF....smelling fresh cut hay

I CAN CONSUME....chocolate and sweets, and sweets and chocolate!

I WEAR....jeans, skirts,anything clean

I LIKE....antiques, homemade anything, my tractor

I LOVE TO....take care of my family, and friends

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS....I work hard and play hard.

I am just a simple country person. Michele
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  05:58:14 AM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...my husband and children and my Mom.....who is my hero!!

I ALWAYS...check and double check all the doors and windows to make sure they are locked before I go upstairs to bed each night!

I NEVER TIRE OF...reading!!

I CAN CONSUME...more chocolate than is legal!!!

I WEAR...jeans and t-shirts

I LIKE...to go to breakfast with my family at our very favorite bakery on Saturday mornings. We talk and laugh and have a wonderful time together!!

I LOVE TO...spend time with my family and friends and read!

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...I am a simple girl and love simple things, I am easy to please and just enjoy being with the people I love!
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  06:37:21 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
I AM CRAZY ABOUT... Moose, Nature / Outdoors, Family, Friends, Quiet Time and Life in general..

I ALWAYS... notice the small stuff and smile.

I NEVER TIRE OF... nature, crafting (crocheting, knitting, sewing, cooking, gardening etc etc etc.)

I CAN CONSUME...a gallon of sweet tea a day.....

I WEAR... oh my shorts and a t-shirt whenever possible, but jeans, skirts, sandals, boots, nail polish, mascara, lipstick, my wedding ring

I LIKE...everything and everyone, even the grumpy people. They are fun to agitate.

I LOVE TO... go for long walks in the woods, cook holiday meals, make people smile.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...my sense of humor. I can find the good in everything. My cup is always half full!

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry.
And I know you do the same things too, So we're really
not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  07:22:35 AM  Show Profile
WOW! Thanks ya'll for playing! It is fun isn't it! It's so funny in my mind's eye I see you all as young. Then you talk about your grans and I can't believe it. Proves one thing - our spirits don't age.

Corinne - I hope everything went smoothly concerning your permit to drive. I'm sure that's an interesting experience in another country. Thinking about you too and sent you an email.

Aunt Jenny! I just rediscovered cottage cheese about 6 months ago. Before that I used it mostly in recipes, now I'm eating it everyday. I must need the calcium and protein. And kids b-day parties - well, those are some of my favorite memories of my 4 growing up.

Frannie - I always love the way you talk so sweet about "hunky Hank".

Carol Sue - peanut butter and pickles? I love 'em both, gonna have to try 'em together now! Love the vision of you singing and dancing...LOUD!

Meggie - and I just KNOW that you have a beautiful voice! Maybe MJF needs a choir and a band...WAIT! How 'bout a MJF musical!!!???

Blanche, Amanda, Alee, Michele - Now it's perfectly clear what the next new item MJF must add to her line of products...CHOCOLATE!!!

Have a great week everyone - you just made mine!

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  07:44:57 AM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT... my husband, my tribe (everyone in my circle of friends and family) and farming.

I ALWAYS... tell my husband I love him before we part for the day and go to bed at night.

I NEVER TIRE OF... daydreaming about farming, cooking and vacation.

I CAN CONSUME... my entire life pursuing my passions and not wasting a second of the life I've been given.

I WEAR... usually jeans, screenprinted t-shirt, cardigan, red Mary Janes, my wedding band and dangly earrings.

I LIKE... to read, cook, bake, garden, hike, camp, sing, write, blog, take road trips, travel, spend time with my tribe, get tattoos, garden/farm, craft... there's not much I don't like!

I LOVE TO... live in small spaces in great nature- I am a child of Mother Nature's Big Sky!

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... I am 100% comfortable in my own skin.

http://apartmentfarm.wordpress.com

http://shadetreestudios.etsy.com

New Rt 66 blog: http://historyinthemaking.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  3:04:08 PM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...tea rooms, pretty clothes, chickens, my dh, my kids, all mammals, chocolate, blue jeans and aprons.

I ALWAYS...want to do my best and make others happy. Have to remember to make me happy too!

I NEVER TIRE OF...going junking, yard saling, spending special time with my girlfriends.

I CAN CONSUME...pots of lobster, shrimp, clams & oysters. I miss the seafood on the east coast.

I WEAR...red lipstick and pearls, except when gardening. It's my thing.

I LIKE...to live in the country, but be close to the city so i can have the best of both worlds.

I LOVE TO...sew, craft, cook, spend time with dh and my family.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...my sense of humor and i always try to be a nice person.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  3:11:35 PM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT...Jane Austen, books, reading, junk, decorating

I ALWAYS...leave my toothbrush on the counter, lose my keys, listen to little kids, drive my husband crazy, fall asleep watching tv

I NEVER TIRE OF...makeover shows, good music, my husband's arms around me, laughing, beautiful sunsets, hearing the wind howl, hearing thunderstorms

I CAN CONSUME...leftovers, (they are the best!!!), more bbq than should be legal, good wine, strawberries

I WEAR...layered t-shirts, a good-fitting bra, minimal make-up, high spf sunscreen

I LIKE...the History Channel, certain tv shows, being around the kids when they are playing outside, Oklahoma

I LOVE TO...discuss good books, chat with my husband, check out Mary Jane's Farmgirl Connection, shop, look at magazines, sing, be with my friends, joke around, watch BBC America, the sound of my 2 daughters laughing really hard

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS...my goofiness

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·. http://boinglink.blogspot.com/

Edited by - _Rebecca_ on Jul 30 2007 4:55:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  3:32:22 PM  Show Profile
Kim,
I am loving this thread, how did you know I did it LOUD!!!!!!!
Keep going girls this is s much fun.

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  6:58:22 PM  Show Profile
I am crazy about - My husband, son & animals

I always - Thank God for each day (w/a cup of coffee in hand!)

I never tire of - Helping others, telling my family I love them

I can consume - A lot of ice cream

I wear - T-shirts, jeans, dresses

I like - Going on long walks, hiking, the ocean, flowers, naps

I love to - Laugh, quilt, read, scrapbook, needlepoint, sew

The best thing about me is - You will always get a smile!

Cheryl :)

Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  8:24:05 PM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT... reading, scrapbooking,my children, my husband, patriotism, God, family, music, chocolate, PWOC, old homes and romance.

I ALWAYS...check my email in the morning, read before bed, kiss my husband before going somewhere (when he's home), enjoy my friends, hug my kids.

I NEVER TIRE OF...good food and good conversation, learning new things, history, pictures, the flag waving in the breeze, men in uniform (hubby!), hymns sung in harmony, my children's laughter, God's grace, brides and babies.

I CAN CONSUME... enough chocolate for three people! Lots of chips and salsa over cream cheese, eis wine!, racclettes, salmon, etc,etc,etc.

I WEAR...Jeans and polo shirts, flip flops, denim skirts, capri pants, -- I love rockies and ropers but don't have any that fit right now! Would enjoy making some old fashioned Anne of Green Gables type skirts and blouses, Civil War, other eras.

I LIKE... old fashioned, simple things. Mysteries. Tea parties and a good cup of tea in the morning (we have tea for breakfast every Sunday morning).

I LOVE TO...decorate, make others happy, dance, swing, laugh, watch a good movie.

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... my willingness to help others, compassion for others, ability to see the bigger picture (sometimes!), stick to!

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

Edited by - ArmyWifey on Jul 31 2007 5:13:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  8:58:25 PM  Show Profile
Keep 'em coming farmgirls - we're talking some BIG hearts here!

Lorna - a positive attitude is everything! you got it!
Janet - I love your state and NO WAY you can be a great grandma!
Nancy - Can I come eat at your house? All that food sounded YUMMY!
Carol Sue - I know because I do it LOUD!
Debbie - I miss East coast food too! I ate 4 lobsters in one sitting once! And I'm with you - I love tea rooms and lazy afternoons to enjoy them.
Amanda - 100% comfortable in your own skin! Congratulations! I'm still working on that one. Proud of ya!
Rebecca - I can relate to lost keys - how do they get in the places we find them?
Cheryl & Holly - I have lots of Ms.Grossman stickers I'd love to send you for scrapbooking. Just email me your address. Any one else want some?

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  10:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address

How fun! I am so enjoying reading all these!
ok... here are mine...

AM CRAZY ABOUT... travel, cultures, shopping, music, books, country life, decorating, homestead arts, antiques, old homes, animals, rainbows, the sound of gurgling or cascading water, waves, or rain, New England, and life!

I ALWAYS... day-dream, plan, & learn

I NEVER TIRE OF... learning, spending time with my DH, hanging out with my girlfriends, the sound of true happy laughter, watching other's dreams come true, a happy ending, sparkles of joy in other's eyes, eyes that speak, smiles, discoveries, shooting stars, cuddling by the fire in winter, hiking in Autumn, cloud watching & hamocks & picnics in the summer, the smell of rain & flowers and seeing new babies in spring, dreaming, sweet and happy memories.

I CAN CONSUME... fresh fruit, ice cream, cold water, old fashioned lemon aid, and sandwiches

I WEAR... blue jeans!, sandals/flip-flops (but barefoot is best!), and tee shirts/blouses

I LIKE... hiking, canoeing, shopping, interior decorating & design, flea markets, thrift stores, antiquing, bird watching, landscaping, teddy bears, dolls, candles, four distinct seasons,

I LOVE TO... love, talk, dream, learn, sing, and cook

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... empathy, loyalty, imagination, and friendship

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"

Edited by - Buttercup on Jul 31 2007 10:54:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  03:26:30 AM  Show Profile
I AM CRAZY ABOUT... my family, my new sweetie, my animals, my bike

I ALWAYS...make a latte and go online as soon as I get up! Then I hike with my dogs behind the house for at least 1/2

I NEVER TIRE OF... peanut butter, riding my bike, being in touch with friends, hearing my childrens voices...oh I could go on and on there are so many things that delight me

I CAN CONSUME... peanut butter, chocolate, fresh baked bread and butter, indian food, mexican food, barbeque, coffee, veggies

I WEAR...sporty scoop neck t-shirts and jeans (winter) , capri's (in between) shorts (summer)

I LIKE...cottage style, english country, anything old, the woods, the mountains...all the seasons in New England

I LOVE TO...dream, to ride my bike, hike, embroider, sew, paint furniture, cook, read, hang out with my family and friends

THE BEST THING ABOUT ME IS... I NEVER give up! I'm very independant, I'm a "sturdy girl"! I am loyal to my friends, family and employer

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  03:56:33 AM  Show Profile

This is a great thread!
Kinda like counting your blessings

Can't get me nailed down-but I am enjoying reading about all of you!
Maybe it's just too early in the morning!
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting to Know You Better - Revisited Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page