Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Anyone here been to Canton 1st Monday Trade Days?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone here been to Canton 1st Monday Trade Days? Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  7:20:25 PM  Show Profile
I'll be there a week from now and would love to hear any tips, suggestions, etc., any of you Farmgirls that have been there can offer. tia

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  05:40:35 AM  Show Profile
I think this is the place we went to!!
years ago My Sister inlaw lived in Plugerville..(Sp?) Just outside of Austin.. we were there on vacation.. & had been all staying at Lake Travis..
( Landmarks .. Am i in the right area? )
Anyway.. this place we went to was only open on certain days.. or certain times or something.. or once a month.. I can't remember.. but it was like 10 years ago or so!!
We had the best time though!!
They had fooooooooodd!! BBQ! Corn on the cob!!
Just all kinds of great stuff to eat.. !
But the treasures we all found!! Wow!! I bought everything from liscence plates.. to Quilts.. to the history of the Dionne Quintuplets of Canada!! ( told ya I was crazy!)
Everyone was so interesting.. stories.. talking.. shade.. trees..
It was just fun meandering up & down the 'lanes' as they felt more like then actual isles or booths really.. because of the trees.. you felt like you were on lanes..
but.. it is hot.. i mean.. it's July/August now.. So.. definatley be prepaired for the heat..pack a cooler in the car that you can go back to if you want.. I don't think you can bring things in.. but i don't remember that really.. i know there were plenty of things to buy.. & i'm sure there is the flexibility to leave & re-enter again.. It seems like you did have to pay to enter.. or park or something.. 10 years.. 50 million flea markets later.. memory slips a bit.. but i know Parking was a bit of a bugger.. get there early if you want to be close.. or be prepaired to walk a ways.. either way.. Your going to have a wonderful time if this is the same place we went to!
wish I were going with ya!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  06:48:51 AM  Show Profile
Hey Patti! My uncle lives in Canton! I've never been but Hubby and I were thinking about going down next week too! We haven't decided yet though. I'll let you know if we do. Maybe we could meet by the gate at a certain time or something if we do! Wouldn't that be cool! I'll try to get him to commit and I'll let you know in the next few days!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  08:30:03 AM  Show Profile
That would be great, Julie! Keep me posted.

Kathie, that sounds like the right place, from tidbits I've heard here and there. Sounds like you had a great time!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  10:32:57 AM  Show Profile
Just don't buy animals there. While I am sure that there are some legit sellers, many people selling puppies or animals there are running puppy mills or selling stolen animals.

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone here been to Canton 1st Monday Trade Days? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page