Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  6:29:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I had a few errands to run, and right before I ran them, Nora zonked out. She had just eatten and looked like she was deep asleep. So since I was only going to be gone for an hour and a half, I left her where she was and in the care of her father (who is a great dad and a good guy!). Well I guess she started crying like 5 minutes after I left. We are trying to save all of the pumped breastmilk for when I have to leave her with a babysitter. Anyway- Doug didn't want to defrost the breastmilk to feed her because of this so he tried FORUMLA!!! GRRR! I could just about kick him right now!

LUCKILY Nora _hated_ it and would not take it at all. And just as I got home he had started to defrost a bag of breastmilk.

I am still pretty steamed because Nora has scratches all over her face now from being upset (I really need to trim her nails) and she was so just so upset when I came home.

Seriously- he was babysitting- the milk is for babysitters... I just don't get it.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  6:43:22 PM  Show Profile
Ah, men, the little dears. They do try so hard in their own way. Daddy was just looking for the quick fix & a bottle of milk was it. You have to remember the bright side, you know he's a great daddy & guy. Give him a break, men ALWAYS do things differently from us! Nora's scratches will vanish by morning, babies heal quite quickly at this age. I'm sure daddy will never try that again!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  6:56:58 PM  Show Profile
I know how you feel though.. my husband was just so odd.. i felt sometimes as if he was so detached..
in a way that he just had no clue..
No when we were all there together.. he knew it all.. right..
but when he had to be in charge.. if i was gone.. 7 he had to step up to the plate.. it was as if her were just hatched or something 7 had no clue.. It was so dang scarry!!!

& it REALLY aggrevated me!!!
i mean really he acted as if he had to do SO much!!
& it was SO horrible for him!!
hello.. i do this every single day Buster.. You can handle this for a couple hours now & then with out actually loosing brain cells!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  9:34:40 PM  Show Profile
Just the opposite at my house when the kids were little. DH came from a family with 9 kids, and I was an only child. I was on pins and needles all the time with our first baby, but he was Mr. Cool. He was second to the oldest in his family and he was the one that stayed home with the others when mom went to have another baby. He's still way cooler about stuff than I am.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  9:36:08 PM  Show Profile
LOL Kathie, funny, betcha made Alee laugh,
Ya know he loves her but he just doesn't have a clue, wonder whether he thought that there wasn't enough for the babysitter later this week, I am surprized he didn't try pear juice, we know she loves that. Ya just hate your sweet Nora being upset, just a part of motherhood.
(((((HUGS))))) to you sweetie.
CArol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  07:05:44 AM  Show Profile
That happened, let's see.....um just about every single time I every left my newborns home with their father to "just be out for a half hour." And we've had four babies.

I think dads, especially new dads are just cursed. Don't make a big deal out of it. He'll get the hang of it and soon be just as good as you if not better. : )

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·. http://boinglink.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  12:24:38 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I must have missed the part where you introduced Nora. How old is she and do you have pictures?

love,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  12:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Patricia-

I will bump some "Nora" topics :) She is 4 months old and over 12 lbs! She was only 5.5lbs!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic My poor baby- Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page