Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I broke my face! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  7:10:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh dear! What should have been a pleasant day turned awful! I am sorry to hear of your accident--sending prayers and well wishes your way.

http://www.handcraftsbyheather.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  08:42:23 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone and thanks for the wonderful well wishes. I am just overwhelmed at the wonderful love and support that flows out of this forum. Farm girls really are something special!

I saw the doctor yesterday and I actually have three broken bones in my cheekbone. I will have surgery to repair it on August 2nd. They have to wait until then for the swelling to go down. In the mean time I am supposed to be really careful of being hit in the face, so I am avoiding crowds . . . and my husband . . . LOL! He has a knack for elbowing me in the face anyway! LOL!

I had to bow out of the scheduled camping trip this weekend that also involved taking the boys to Silverwood Theme Park. But Ron and the boys are at least going to the Theme Park today. I can't imagine doing rides right now, when my equalibrium seems off even when I am standing still! So I have a nice quiet house today which is what I need.

My next big sale at my shop is August 10th and 11th. Not sure if I will get as much handpainted furniture done between now and then as I would like, but I will try. This is only 8 days after the surgery, but I think it is a surgery you can bounce back from pretty quickly. Right now the bruises at on my back and kidney are giving me the most grief. I walk like a little old lady. I went in public for the first time yesterday and the stares we got was amazing. I am sure half of them think poor Ron is a wife-beater! LOL!

Thanks again for all the sweet thoughts and prayers. You are truly all my sisters!

With Hugs & blessings . . .

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  10:16:06 AM  Show Profile
I admire your go-get-'em attitude Brenda. Wow. :) Thanks for the update on your next big sale, should be a big cause to celebrate!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  1:39:51 PM  Show Profile
Brenda -- I am so sorry to hear about your health problems and then this accident on top of everything else! How awful! No more cherry pie for you! I'm praying for a speedy healing for you. Hugs!

Visit my Etsy shop at http://www.therusticcottage.net

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  2:24:58 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, your sense of humor will get you through everything life throws at you. I can just imagine the looks people gave you and your hubby when you were out.

As for life lessons, I wish I could give you insight, but I am still working on figuring out my own!!

I will say this, one thing an accident or surgery does give you is time to rest. Please take the time to rest. Don't worry about painting and getting things ready for the next big sale. Take it from me, put the date off for another week or so. The anesthesia takes a bit of time to wear off. They say about a week for every hour you are under.

Take pain medicine to help you sleep. It is short term, and your body needs it to heal from the fall. I am thankful you are bruised on the kidney and back and not damaged. Bruises do heal over time. Be gentle on yourself. Maybe a nice foot massage from hubby to help relax you rself before bed?

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  7:08:57 PM  Show Profile
Brenda: Glad you are feeling a little better. I hope each day is a better one than the day before. You should not worry about getting anything done right now, just heal and do something that you don't normally make time for when you are so busy. That will make the healing time more relaxing instead of stressful. Sleep well!
Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  7:44:10 PM  Show Profile
August 2nd is my sweet mom's birthday ~ I will send up healing thoughts & prayers to you as we blow out her '75' candles!

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  10:20:22 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone. The sweet words and prayers help more than you will ever know. Right now I am still dealing with fevers from the complications of my previous sinus surgeries, so those fevers coupled with the headaches of this new injury make it hard to endure. I stay pretty doped up on pain killers most of the time. I just can't seem to throw the infection in my sinus's so it is really making life difficult. Thanks for your support!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  12:02:13 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, Have you used a Netti Pot? There was an article in I think last week's Spokesman Review. I guess some people swear by them for problems such as yours (the sinus) Heal! JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  10:45:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi JoAnn,
I read that article too and asked my Dr. about it. He says it isn't strong enough for what I need. I still may try it though. Thanks for the thought! I just have such an awful headache that the painkillers don't seem to remove. I hope that ends soon. Hard to stay cheerful when you feel rotten.

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  08:08:06 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, warmest hugs. I'm so sorry you have to go through this, and pray that pain will soon be gone.

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  08:36:57 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,
SO sorry to hear of your fall. I was feeling sorry for me -
I fell and broke my left wrist on Friday - but you made me see that I will be fine and just have to let it heal. Please get well soon.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  09:12:19 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Ladies . . . Debbie, I am so sorry you broke your wrist. Not fun! I will pray for a speedy recovery for you. They gave me some stronger pain meds which help, but they keep me loopy most of the time! The hard part is that we are on deadline with our Real Estate Guide publication and I oversee the production, which means I handle all the submissions that come by email and then clarify things for our artist. It is hard to sit and focus, so I just do it in small blocks at a time. Our sweet artist has been very patient with me as have our clients, so that helps.

With warm blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  10:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Brenda and Debbie-

I hope you both start feeling better soon! I wish I could come up there and help you both! *hugs*

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  8:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh Brenda!!! Owwwie!!!!!!! I am so sorry! I do so understand, sometimes I think it would all be so much faster if the man upstairs would just hand ya a list and say "learn this" instead of sending trails... *sigh* but I try to remember He knows best...*sigh* so then I resort to "whatever I am supposed to learn, I better hury up and learn it!" then I get depressed and think "maybe it is patience I am suposed to learn" *bigger sigh* lol I hope whatever it is...that your life has more sunshine then shadows from now on! Do take care and am hoping you heal quickly and well!
Gentle Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I broke my face! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page