Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  08:55:49 AM  Show Profile
Do you ever wonder about what lessons you are supposed to be learning in life . . . and if you are really dense? I have spent most of the last few monthes sick, between pneumonia and two sinus surgeries. So finally, on Tuesday, I had a better day and decided to go cherry picking with my girl friend at Greenbluff (a local orchard area). I remember really enjoying the relaxing day . . . and then I remember thinking the tall tripod ladder I was on was going to fall . . .

Well I don't actually remember the fall or the next several minutes after that, but in the end I have multiple broken bones in my cheekbone, a concussion, bruises everywhere, a bruised kidney and lower back pain like I've never had. I meet with the surgeon today about reconstructing my cheekbone. The old country western song, "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all . . ." keeps going through my mind.

Just wish I could figure out what valuable life lesson I am supposed to learn from this! LOL!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  09:08:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda, so sorry to hear about all the pain and the fall and all. I hope you will feel better soon and that you will find the answers to your questions. From former experiences, I have learnt that when the physical is involved it is to make us slow down. Sick and in bed we cannot do much, we are forced to rest.
You are in my prayers, wishing you a quick and happy recovery.
Corinne
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  09:08:02 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,
So sorry to hear this. OUCH AND OUCH!! Iam going to go out on a limb here and say that your bad luck is all over now, thats it, done!. Now everything should be fine. My goodness you must be all black and blue and other colors. Did you have to stay at the hospital, and I sure hope you have some help at home. You need to lay down. Or is it just me wanting to lay down after thinking about this whole thing. Please take care of yourself, and remember the bad luck is gone now.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  09:09:28 AM  Show Profile
Wow.....Brenda! I'm so glad that you didn't get hurt worse. That could have been veeerrrryyy bad. Not that breaking your face isn't bad. I'm just glad it wasn't worse!

*gives you a gentle hug and a very soft kiss on the cheek*

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Sherone

www.taylorscountrystore.etsy.com

http://sheronesgarden.tripod.com/
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  09:13:39 AM  Show Profile
Like the previous post said, you were lucky that it wasn't worse! After all you have gone through, take it real easy...don't push yourself. Bad luck comes in threes...pnemonia, the surgeries, and now this. It's all over...everything will be better!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  09:18:37 AM  Show Profile
Brenda!! oh my god honey!! i am so awfully sorry!
You poor kid!!
well.. i guess that'll teach you for trying to get out of the house & try to have a nice afternoon. won't it??
( That was supposed to make you laugh.. sorry. not very funny..)
baby.. with out me looking through a zillion.. please tell me that You are NOT the one that just had the sinus surgery.. was upset.. i know i even talked to about it all.. then horrors upon hooros.. found out had to go back in yet AGAIN for some awful reason?? Tell me this isn't you please!!!! & if it is.. what do they say this may have done to all of THAT work? Poor little Pumpkin.. i am so.. SO sorry!!
Wish i could help!!
Jeezz.. why do you all have to live so dang far away??

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  09:25:33 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Kathie, that was me . . . I had to do the sinus surgery twice. I will find out today from the surgeon if this fall damaged any of the sinus surgery, as some of the work was done in my cheekbone area. Little pumpkin . . . great play on words as I kind of look like one at the moment! LOL!

I appreciate the kind words of everyone and yes, if bad luck is supposed to come in threes I should be done now! Yippee. I will have the surgery sometime next week. I should know a time after my appointment today. Thanks for the kindness!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  09:31:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh Brenda, so sorry to hear of all you miseries. but now as you say---it is over. I don't know what life lesson you learned but what a hard way to learn anything. You are in my thoughts. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  09:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Oh Brenda that is not good! I hope you can recover quickly!!

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  10:01:07 AM  Show Profile
Brenda wrap both arms around yourself (if it doesn't hurt too much) and call it a hug from me. I am so sorry for all your miseries, you've certainly had more than your fair share! I wish I lived closer, I would come and make you a tea. Poor girl, take it easy and rest.
Di
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  10:09:45 AM  Show Profile
Poor baby! yes.. you should be done!!
Quite enough of your share i'd say then.. so Stop it now.. ok??

Good luck at the Dr. Sweetie!!
Let us know how it goes!!
Big fat hug from Me Kiddo!!
Hang in there!!
Love ya!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  10:14:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh Brenda,
Geez loouisa, guess what Terea and I are going to do, cherry picking, but we don't have to get on a ladder.
I have been wondering how you were doing, now I know. Ouch and double ouch. You take it easy and let us know if we can do anything here in Spokane. I was going to ask how your sale was going? Brenda do you need help? Let me know.
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  10:22:38 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, I am so very sorry; thank the Lord you have a good sense of humor, that will see you through alot in life, including this! Take it as easy as you can. Nance
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  10:47:06 AM  Show Profile
Bless your heart! I hope you are feeling better soon!

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

www.mikkijo.etsy.com

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  10:54:26 AM  Show Profile
okay so i thought i might ask the abvious question here did you walk under the ladder before you climbed up it. cause you do know that its bad luck

sorry you broke your face but just know they can put humpty dumpty back together again in this era

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  11:41:54 AM  Show Profile
Darling Brenda, don't worry about the lesson now. It will come to you when the time is right. All we can do is the best we can and that's always good enough. Now, you need to heal. Sometimes the Universe knocks us over so we can rest without guilt for a while. ("I know I should be resting but I have so much to do...") although I know the Universe wouldn't cause you pain to do it. I'm surrounding you with the blue vibration of healing and peacefulness and seeing it go through you in you and all around you and knowing that as I do this, healing is accomplished and you are whole and perfect.

Well, at least you'll have time to make yo-yos.

love,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  11:46:48 AM  Show Profile
Brenda dear! I remember your 2 sinus surgeries and now this awful fall! I am so sorry....you really did "break your face". This to shall pass, but in the meanwhile, darn it! Prayers going to Washington!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  11:56:42 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, sorry to hear about your accident. Rotten luck, all right. I'm not big on "everything happens for a reason"; my philosophy is more like "Stuff happens." I hope it's done happening to you for a good long while, reason or not. Get well soon.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  12:09:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh NO! Brenda! I was hoping you were busy with your darling shop, not wounded all this time. You poor dear! Enough is enough. Must feel like you are jinxed. We'll have to make you a lucky charm farmgirl style. :)

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  1:21:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh Brenda, words escape me. It's okay to feel sorry for yourself. I know I would. I will pray for healing for you and that the Lord will slow things down for you so that you can just rest. Sometimes rest is all we need but our lives have a habit of stepping in!
Take care of your-self and know that you are in my prayers.
Angie.

"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  1:36:08 PM  Show Profile
Gentle (((hugs))) Brenda! I hope you are feeling much better soon!!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  1:41:12 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,

I am so sorry. I am praying that you will have speedy recovery.

Cheryl :)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  2:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh My gosh! Brenda! Ouch! I am so sorry you are hurt! That is not good...Not good at all! I hope you get better soon! That gives me flash backs to when I broke MY face in a bike wreck. At least you don't remember the crash part!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  3:49:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! One of my biggest fears is falling off a ladder. Now you've given me a very good reason to be afraid! I start shaking on the 3rd rung. I don't want to break anything, much less my face! You must have an awful headache. I'm sooooo sorry. I really hope you heal fast and can get back on track soon. Rest and don't overdue ANYTHING! You'll really need the rest to heal well. This is now the time to pamper yourself. Your dh and kids can handle things for now, right?

Praying for the best...

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  3:54:53 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I feel SOOOO bad about your fall! You poor thing! Well, I sure hope yo feel better soon. I also hope that all us farmgals made you feel a little better! Cindy

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  6:53:27 PM  Show Profile
oh my..so sorry to hear this. please get better real soon. hugs to you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I broke my face! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page