Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting SO Nervous Next Topic  

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  10:21:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
CountDown begins to the move. Well I am starting to get really nervous. 37 days til we start our new life!! I am staring to worry though, thats normal right? I have never in my 9 1/2 years of marraige been more than 40 minutes away from my family. I am gonna be 16 hours away!!! I wont have Nana&Papa to the rescue when the kids drive me crazy, they are gonna miss them so bad. But they will be okay right? I am not changing my mind at all, I REALLY am excited, just scared I guess. We think our house is rented out already and I am selling some of the stuff, like the fireplace insert and piano to the new renters. So there is NO backing out now. Just needed to get that out, dont want to scare dh,lol.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  11:01:08 AM  Show Profile
Amanda, you can DO IT, girl! And once you've settled into your new home and get it decorated just so, you will laugh that you ever had a little worry fit! Trust me, I know what I am talking about. I bet you will appreciate your family even more than ever, and that'll go both ways, too! And when you drive back to visit, just think how many junk and antique shops must be along that 16 hour stretch of road......! Onward and upward!! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  8:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Nancy I will be making me a handpainted wood sign that says Onward and Upward!! For me to see every morning when I get there, Thank you!

Mommy to 2
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  8:56:12 PM  Show Profile
You'll be great, Amanda! That's quite a move but it sure sounds like there are some major parts of it that you're looking forward to and that's the outlook to have. Always remember the good things and learn from the bumps in the road. Keep us updated on how things are going with your move and as you get settled :)

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  9:30:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh Amanda,
You hang in girl, what you are feeling is perfectly normal. Moving away from family is a major adjustment. You certainly will miss then and appreciate every moment that you have with them. Thank goodness for email, and phones.
We will sure be looking forward to you coming.
Vent anytime you need too. All my family is 8 hours away, there are times I miss them and I am 50. Starting in a new place is always a little nerve wracking. Just remember you have some farmgirls just waiting for you. You won't be alone.
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  12:13:07 AM  Show Profile
Amanda, every thing is going to be all right, for you, for your parents, for all your family. It is scary and it is exciting at the same time, I know.
I am one continent away from my parents, we have moved in and out different foreign countries 3 times in 4 years, I am still scared every time we have to change home, pack, move. But at the end, everything turns to be okay. The cats are not even complaining any more of the long hours spend in their cages in planes and airports.
You will like to do new things, to discover another sort of vegetation, new neighbours, and the list is long. Share your worries when you have any, we are here for you.
Corinne
Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  03:22:06 AM  Show Profile
this is an exciting new part of your life and as wonderful as it is it is totally normal to have some nervousness and reservations about the whole thing. It will be a hard adjustment in many ways I am sure but remeber why you are doing this an enjoy all those first moments in your new home. Like corrine said we are here for you so let us know what's on your mind etc

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  09:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Carol Sue you dont even know how you have touched my heart. I am crying, I AM so excited, I finally feel like it is our/my turn to do something for us/me. I want to do this, it just really sucks when all I hear is I cant belive you are takin the kids away, and I cant belive you think you can stay away. I like having my family around, however I have dh and my kids that is what is most important to me. And our dream of owning a small farm, being in the hills and outdoors, not ina concrete jungle, ya know. It sucks that I wont get to see my 3rd neice til next year, they are having acsection 4 days after we leave. My parents at first said they would come to visit, yesterday my dad said that may never happen. Well you know I happen to know that the road goes both ways. BUT they will never leave my brother. My parents are in no way "old" (50/46) age wise, health wise is another story, it just sucks that I have been the one they come to when they need help, I have to go mow their grass everyweek,cause my bro. has people that pay him to do it and he doesnt want to do it for free. Well he is'nt gonna have a choice, they cant do it. Litlle crap like that I am worried about, since we told them my mom has been in acute care2x she is 46!!!!! Just not feeling well, its in your head mom come on. Her getting sick has stopped us from moving ATLEAST 4 times, I just wont let it stop us now. Thanks for listening ladies, I love you all so much for your encouragement, CarolSue I owe you a hug! Thanks Again

Mommy to 2
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  10:24:20 AM  Show Profile
Hey Amanda,
yep crying myself, glad I could help and sure do understand the heart aches that go along with family challenges. One of the reasons my dh and I moved to western washington was for job but also we had only been married a year and his family came to us for support. It was okay but could get to be too much at times.
You moving allows your family unit to become just that your very own family unit. Mom getting sick, well whether it is in her head or not there is family there to help pitch in.
She is having to deal with her own fears, not easy as a parent to have to admit.
You are not very far from getting here and it truly sounds like you need the fresh start for you and your family.
Will gladly take the hug when you get her, along with giving you one. Teresa is sure looking forward to you coming. She hasn't been on a lot right now, morning sick all day long. If she drives or rides in a car, she gets major car sick.
Better get going, we are going cherry picking. No ladders involved for us.
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting SO Nervous Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page