Page: of 2

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  11:26:21 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
Ok, I knew the question would be asked of someone somewhere, I just didn't expect it to be of me! lol But that being said, what does your screename stand for? Some are sometimes obvious, some are sometimes not..... so please share! I will even go first.

I ask your forgivness up front, I sometimes tend to be long winded. Good thing my fingers move fast....

It was February 1977 when I was just a wee lil girl of 9 years old! That was the first time I fell in love with a man other than my father. His name was Grizzly Adams! I fell in love with the man, his life and longed for the day I could live in a cabin and have my pet moose follow me around like Ben did Grizzly... I never missed an episode. To this day I still hummm that theme song. I would love to sing it but the birds in my area would fly south permanently..

Anyhow my love of moose, I am not sure where that came from to be honest. I have just always been facinated with them. My husband says it's because I see eye to eye with them. I am 6'4" tall....

So that being said, some 12 years ago when we first logged onto the world wide web, aol ask that infamous question. Choose a screename and mine was cabinmoose! It has been with me every since. I even had a logo designed around it....

http://www.grizzlyadams.net/grizzly.mp3 listen to that theme song here.

Sing along if you can:

Grizzly Adams Theme Songs Lyrics
("Maybe" written & sung by Thom Pace)

Deep inside the forest
There's a door into another land.
Here is our life and home.
We are staying here forever
In the beauty of this place all alone.
We keep on hoping.
Maybe there's a world
Where we don't have to run.
Maybe there's a time we'll call our own,
Living free in harmony and majesty.
Take me home. Take me home.

Cheers,
Lorna

Lorna Orick,
Forest Hill, MD

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  12:36:37 PM  Show Profile
Cute! Mine story is not as great as yours. Well really there is no story at all. Willow Trees are my absolute favorite. And growing up(okay even now) I alway loved playing in the creek. The creek in our yards had these beautiful Willow Trees by it. I named it Willow Tree Creek. When I was looking for something to call my business that immediatly popped into my head. So there you go!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  12:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
Julie,

Your story is awesome! I love willow trees, my gramma had one in her back yard when we were kids and I remember sitting under it with her many days! I also remember hiding under it from her when I was doing something I shouldn't! lol

Also Julie, any chance of a Moosey Ipod/MP3 Cover!

Thanks for sharing!

Lorna

Lorna Orick,
Forest Hill, MD

Edited by - cabinmoose on Jul 17 2007 12:54:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  1:10:10 PM  Show Profile
I love the word Beloved. It means so much more than love. Since I create needle work items I use Belovedcreations

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  1:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
I guess mine is pretty self explanatory. I love goats and I am almost always barefooted. The day I came up with my screen name I had been out messing with the buck (Johnny Reb for those of you who have seen my blog) and smelled a bit goaty, I also had filthy barefeet, and well like always I am a girl. So I just jumbled it all together and came up with my name. I use it for my email too and friends always laugh when I tell them where to send my mail. It just fits so well.

Trina--oh, yeah that is a nicname too. It is my nieces corruption of Corinna and it just stuck.

http://glitteringgoat.blogspot.com/

If you would know Love, you must know pain too. -Hannah Hurnard
Go to Top of Page

Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  1:20:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi!

Mine is pretty straightforward. I livesmack in the middle of about 10 acres of mostly woods, and I LOVE it. It is pretty rural here, but oddly, a 20 minute drive will get you to a really developed area-including the school where I teach. My friends who live in the suburbs and in town are always astounded when they come out here. I think one of my coworkers was the first person to greet me with "Hey, woodswoman, how are you?"! (She also calls us the city mouse and the country mouse)

Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  1:20:22 PM  Show Profile
Well, my husband always says that his Kentucky girl is the best. He has a shirt that says, "getting lucky in Kentucky", so I chose the screename Kygurlsrbest--for ALL us Kentucky girls!

Nothing earthshattering or poignant, but it suits me

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  1:45:19 PM  Show Profile
I love hearing everyone's meanings! It helps to get to know you better. As for me, our last name is Brewer, and with a family of 6 (soon to be 7 in about 10 more weeks!) we get lots of comments when we go out together about "you sure have a quite a crew!". So, we became the "Brew Crew". It makes it easy when I am trying to get everyone in the car or off to bed, instead of calling each by name I just call out for the Brew Crew!

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  1:46:15 PM  Show Profile
I suffer from a lack of imagination... my husband's older brother was already married to an Anne when I showed up, so I became "Phil's Ann".

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  1:47:51 PM  Show Profile
Anne, that's sortof like my favorite show, The Adventures of Old Christine, with the "new Christine"...Sorry. It's reminds me, though :)

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  2:35:05 PM  Show Profile
*AWESOME* stories to go with your names, ladies!!

Makes me wish my own were a bit more interesting......you'll see.

Lot of people think that "Vintage Redhead" means that I'm a redheaded "...woman of vintage years..." so to speak. Well, unless you consider 39 to be old (And why not? My kids do! ) it has nothing to do with age.

The "Vintage" in my screen name refers to my love of old things and the old-fashioned, often harder-work-but-more-simple way of living. While lots of people think that a flea market is just a place to B/S/T old junk, I see it as a *PARADISE*!!! I love old typewriters, wash basins, costume jewelry, tools, cookware, glassware, buttons, fabric, signage, windows. Just about anything from the era of "...yesteryear..." I find immensely appealing. Old photograhs of my family? I *love* to scrapbook them! Old photographs of strangers? I'll turn them into a funky creation! Give me an old cast-iron stove damper, I'll turn it into a yard ornament. Some chandelier drops and an old egg basket? I'll turn it into a new hanging lamp. Old washboards? They decorate my front garden. An old oil-fired stove with a round "oil-change" basin? They serve as my backyard birdbath. I *ADORE* repurposing the cast-offs that other people pass up.

The "Redhead" part is a bit easier. Growing up, my mom had red hair that I always admired. I am naturally blonde (according to my hairdresser I'm still considered blonde, and that's only because "Swampwater" isn't an official haircolor yet !!) So 6 years ago following the death of my daughter I decided that life was too short to *not* be the red I always wanted to be. I promptly dyed my hair pink in an attempt to go from too blonde to too red. After several incarnations of auburn, russet, copper, and flame, I am decided I couldn't keep up with roots since my hair grows faster than a Dodge at Daytona: I'm now red and blonde mixed!

The funny part about going from blonde to red: I am still the same gal with an obnoxious sense of humor. But things that I said and did when I was a blonde? Those made me somehow *witchy*. As a red? I'm apparently hilarious and need to do an open mic nite at our local comedy club. Go figure!

So that is the story of Vintage Redhead. I'm an obnoxious gal who collects junk! ~ Kaylyn

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  3:21:33 PM  Show Profile
Mine is pretty simple as well.....I am Mom to Katie and Kyle, I just used their first initials instead of their whole names....mom2knk
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  3:47:37 PM  Show Profile
Well I love your story! Used to watch Grizzly Adams all the time, that & The Adventures of the Wilderness Family movies. I SO would love to move somewhere like that!

Mine's pretty basic --- I am after all an Army Wife. Maybe I should come up with something more original/telling of who else I am???

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  4:12:27 PM  Show Profile
Love the stories! Mine is simple, I have 13 nieces and nephews....and nobody ever uses the name "auntgeorge" except them....so when I had to choose my screen name years ago, all of my first choices were taken eg: dragonlady, dragongirl (to go along with my TaeKwonDo training) My kids call my sister: Aunt Andy and my mother was Grandma Bobbie.....so it kind of is a family tradition!! LOL

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  4:13:46 PM  Show Profile
This is fun and interesting too! My name "pearlsnjeans"....well, Pearls are my favorite gem - beautiful and warm. I'm most comfortable in jeans and boots. So being a country farm girl at heart, I think the two go together just great! Kinda has an elegant air.

Vicki

who says Farmgirls aren't elegant
Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  4:42:11 PM  Show Profile
Runbikegrrl - running is my first love from the time I could walk I was a runner. In my 30's an injury kept me from running the 50-70 miles a week I would run.....as soon as I could I tried to get back to it but couldn't put in all those miles like I did a mountain bike racer friend turned me on to riding and then I started racing ...hence my next sport addiction bikes...and well the grrl comes from the riot girl phase.

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  5:06:13 PM  Show Profile
I love reading all the answers. I have to tell you that I thought your screen name was suppose to be your first name. (My son would just die) I work on a computer 8 hrs a day and am usually too tired to play on it much after work. Although since I found this website I have been spending a lot more fun time on the computer. If I had to do again I would be Craftyhands and the reason being I love doing things with my hands. I can't even talk without them!

Cheryl :)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  6:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well, my given name is Alyssa, but in high school my best friend never could seem to pronouce it properly. So she decided she was going to give me a nickname. The way she pronouced it was Alee (auh lee) but that morphed int to Alee (alley) for my nieces and nephews because they had a hard time pronouncing it as well. It usually came out "Aunt Owie" though! LOL

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  7:36:13 PM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
It has been so much fun reading everyone's stories! Ok there are still lots of you to go!
Let's hear more!

Good night!
Lorna

Lorna Orick,
Forest Hill, MD
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  7:45:40 PM  Show Profile
Mine is not orginally, it is just my name. I wasn't even thinking about a name. I just wanted to be able to log on and ask questions and read like crazy!!!!!

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  9:00:26 PM  Show Profile
I guess mine is pretty easy to figure out. I am Jenny and I have a zillion neices and nephews and my daycare kids always called me Aunt Jenny too. I have always used that name for everything..email, screen names anywhere and all. I love hearing all your stories

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  07:29:23 AM  Show Profile
I suppose mine is pretty straightforward. It was a conglomeration of the most significant things I was working on at the time, the EMS is because I was in EMT school at the time, now it would be crazy fire ems idiot or something. The mommy5 is my most important and significant thing- being a mom to 5 particularly awesome people!

Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  07:35:56 AM  Show Profile
I like "crazy fire idiot"--it has a nice ring to it

Go to Top of Page

MulberryMama
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Jill
Prospect Heights IL
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  07:39:54 AM  Show Profile
I am the mother of two little girls and working full-time in a very demanding job. I used to have a beautiful kitchen garden, but with children and work needing my attention, the garden is overgrown with volunteer mulberries. Since I have been so successful at growing little girls and mulberries, I am MulberryMama.

I wasn't born in a barn, but I was raised in one.
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  09:09:08 AM  Show Profile
I just use my first and middle names together, makes me sound more like a country girl. The first email address account I ever had, back in 1995 was under this name and then I carried it on.
Corinne
Go to Top of Page

Kay Marie
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Kay
Tomball TX
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  10:21:08 AM  Show Profile
I also used my first and middle names. I'm proud of them as I'm named after two extaordinary women -- my grandmothers. Both of them farm girls so I chose to use my names in honor of their lives and all of the knowledge they passed on to me. It is those skills that keeps the farm girl in me alive while I live in a small apartment in a city of more than a million people. Retirement will find me with my toes dug firmly into the dirt of my own farm.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Your Screen name???? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page