newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  10:36:12 AM  Show Profile
My screen name came about due to a heart attack and surgery and the first day I was able to sit up at computer and discovered Mary Jane's Farm. I became
NEWHEART. not very exciting but it fits me.....

Margie

Chocolate makes my Heart 'sing"...
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  11:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
Margie,

That is very exciting! A new lease on life! Can't wait to meet you!

Cheers,

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  12:21:34 PM  Show Profile
This is such a fun post - learning something new about the people we chat with every day.

Since I was small I've been animal lover and psuedo-farm girl. I grew up in the burds north of Los Angeles. Our house was on a pie shaped lot and measured a little over 1/4 acre. Pretty big for a housing tract. Anyway, we always had veggies and fruit trees, a few chickens and even 4-H lambs (until the neighbors complained). The valley was not densely populated like it is now. Commercial flocks of sheep spent the winter months about 1/2 mile from our house and my sis and I would go over there to see the babies. Friends from a neighboring 4-H club started bottle feeding the orphaned lambs and asked sis and I to help. That's how I got into raising sheep.

Later, I married a farmer who actually hated farming (felt forced into it by his parents) and couldn't stand that I felt blessed every day for the living the life I had always dreamed of. (you just can't help negative ugly people with no joy in their life)

During my divorce I swore I would never live in a condo or tract house. After months of looking and months of dissappointment I found my little fixer-upper. A ranch style house on a 1/3 acre and zoned for all animals except horses. We were home. Not like the "ranch" I came from, but all mine to do with as I pleased.

When I started designing the gardens, barn, orchard I was leaning towards French and English style gardens. I ended up with the formal lines of french gardens and the casual plantings of english gardens, with all my favorite plants.

Now we have a 12 X 24' barn with chicks, rabbits and DD's 4-H lambs, veggies beds, 6 fruits trees, cutting gardens for cut flowers, rose garden...

All the things I had on the big ranch just in miniture. That's how we became "La Patite Ferme" - French for "The Little Farm".

Jenn
Go to Top of Page

garliclady
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Reidsville NC
274 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  2:06:11 PM  Show Profile
Garlic Lady is simply the name that other vendors and customers started calling me because I sell alot of garlic, and they didn't know my name. Most people at the market don't know other peoples name and call them by what they sell Tomato man, goat lady (sells cheese) etc.

My Farm http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&ext=1&groupid=140532&ck=
My Recipes http://recipecircus.com/recipes/garliclady/
]
My blog http://www.epicourier.com/Garliclady/
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  2:24:41 PM  Show Profile
Most of my ancestors were Scottish, Welsh, or Irish. I've been to England, Scotland and Wales(Scotland twice so far) and on any given, very hot day here, I'd rather be in Scotland.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  4:28:34 PM  Show Profile
The one I use for this forum comes from a knickname a good friend gave me in high school. Anna is my name and the B stands for banana. ha ha.

After nearly 20 years this friend and I continue to keep in touch. She is still in Ohio, I'm now here in NC. We parted ways back in 1994 when I had to move to CA for my first full time animal keeping job. No matter the distances though or time between when we talk, we just pick up where we leave off.

For my regular accounts I use Anamal2112 due to the fact that I'm an animal keeper,my name is anna and I'm a die hard Rush fan. 2112 was one of their best kick butt albums for the time.

Go to Top of Page

Holiday Angel
True Blue Farmgirl

444 Posts

Pauline
Sweet Home Oregon
USA
444 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  4:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Holiday Angel's MSN Messenger address
I am Holiday Angel Pauline and I got this name from our charity as I am in love with Christmas and so I associate with holidays most when I like to make the deliveries to the places we donate to.
My real nickanme is "Sugar" because my mom said I was a sweet baby and that's saying something with the 11 kids she had!

info@heavenlyangelsinnneed.com
President Childrens Division of Heavenly Angels in Need
Go to Top of Page

gateway girl
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Shari
Missouri
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  5:28:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi. I chose Gateway Girl first because I'm a born and raised St. Louis Missouri girl and St. Louis is the Gateway to the West. And second because DH and I bought a house on 4 gorgeous acres in the woods right at the confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi rivers. I am truly at the Gateway.

Shari

Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment, it's not just about survival. Live every second to it's fullest!

Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  06:13:56 AM  Show Profile
I envied everyone's cool forum names and I couldn't think up a cool one, so I just stuck with my own.

Vintageredhead--it is so true about what you said, when you have you hair dyed red everyone suddenly thinks what you say is great. I had mine done red (I'm a natural brunette) for awhile. I am like you my hair grows extremely fast. It was like all the colors of my clothes came alive!!! I felt so different. I couldn't get used to it and I couldn't afford to stay that red all the time. Red fades so quickly. So, I'm brunette again and I'm working on growing my hair down to my waist. (It's always been a goal. It used to be that way when I was a small child). In the last 6 years I had it down to my armpits and I miss it!! It's currently shoulder length.

Anyway enough about hair. I love all the name stories. Wish that I had come up with something clever.

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·. http://boinglink.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  9:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
What a neat subject!! I have so enjoyed reading everyone's answer! Thank you Lorna for starting this! And I love Mooses too but it is NOT because I can look them in the eye...I am 5'4"!

My name came from one of the many names my mother would call me. She had a thing for nicknames, and though this one did not stick for more then a few years it was one of my favorites! Through the years she called me so many cute nicknames all for sweet reasons, but one day out of the blue (which is how they always started..for no apparent reason!) she called me "Buttercup." When I asked why, she said because I liked the color yellow, I was small and sweet, and I shone like the sun just like the buttercups did all bright, yellow and sunshiny (is this a word?!?). This was when I was about 5 and it only lasted till I was about 7. Out of all the nick names she invented, Jane and Bubbles stuck to this day, but as a child and the country bumkin I have always been, "Buttercup" sounded the nicest to me (though I do so love Bubbles and use it often because of the resons behind it...and she calls me Bubbles or Bubbs to this day!)and when I came to MJ and joined in, I thought of my mother for she is such a country gal at heart and that reminded me of this nick name. And so with fond memories I decided to be "Buttercup" again! (And also I wasn't sure ya'll would get the "Bubbles name!! lol People always interpret it all wrong *sigh* so I have to be careful!)

I can't wait to hear more stories!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Your Screen name???? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page