lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2005 :  9:19:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi! My name is Missy and I found Mary Jane's book through my home and garden book club. I fell in love with it and shared it with my Mom and she requested a farm girl chapter kit. There are 5 of us who get together right now and we all treasure the time we spend together.

My husband and I rent a home on five acres and have three children ages 17,12,& 6. I worked as an Internal Med. nurse for three years and then was able to fulfill my dream of having my own store. The name was LaMarguerite and I sold cottage, antiques and salvage decor. I did most of my own fixing up and refinishing with the help of my husband. About 1 1/2 years into it I developed health issues and the business was struggling as well. It was hard to let it go but the Lord has blessed me with appreciation for peacefullness in my life and I have become more centered in my life than I have ever been. Financial reasons forced us to live in the house we are in right now, but we have a landlord that really likes us and lets us do pretty much anything we want with the property.

I'm still not able to work full time outside the home, but my husband and I have started raising chickens and ducks for eggs, and we are currently building a green house from salvaged material to grow and sell herbs. Hopefully next spring the eggs and herbs will bring in a little extra income.

I'm so excited to connect with other women who are new to this whole farm thing like I am and also gain knowledge from those who are more experienced that I am. I love getting excited about knew things and being able to share the experience with someone.

My Mom and I just made our first two batches of soap today with help from advice from some of you on here!(thanks!!) We had a ball and probably looked pretty goofy to some of you seasoned soap makers with our masks and goggles on. We took pictures and hopefully my mom will post them on here for you. She has been posting on here for awhile now only because she is more computer literate than I am.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting to know you and I am also excited about joining in on the mail art. I have collage art cards that I sell at a store in Vancouver and love to share them with my friends.

Blessings,

Missy

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2005 :  06:20:25 AM  Show Profile
Missy, are you Kay's daughter? Welcome! Welcome! You will fit right in!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

The Farmers Daughter
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Sherry
LeRoy Kansas
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2005 :  08:50:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Missy! I feel like I know you already though your wonderful Mother! ;-) I loved seeing all the pictures of your store and can't believe how great it all looked. Get Mom to show you the pictures of my primitive shop and then give me some of your great decorating advice..I need all the help I can get! HA I'm glad to hear you've taken your illness in stride and know that The Lord has other plans for you. (I'll be sharing some flower seeds with you shortly to help with your greenhouse dream!) Hope to see lots of post from you!

Sher, The Farmer's Daughter
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2005 :  09:42:19 AM  Show Profile
Clare -- yes Missy is my beautiful daughter!!! I'm glad she finally got on here. She will definitely fit right in!

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

North Clark County Farmgirls and
Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2005 :  4:24:44 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Clare for your nice welcome and also to Sher for the thoughtful post! That's so sweet of you to be so generous with your seeds. I saw the pictures of your store today and I absolutely love it!! I am very eclectic(sp?) in my taste and love all things old and well loved. The more weathered and chipped, the better! ha ha. I would love to share display ideas with you, just let me know what you need.

Blessings,

Missy
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2005 :  4:50:28 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Missy! I didn't make the connection until now! You are the beautiful red-headed daughter of Kay! So glad you are here joining in! Sounds like you are living the farmgirl life! I really enjoy chatting with your wonderful Mom and know you will be just as much fun and full of knowledge! That is so cool you both are making soap together! I did not see the pictures...are they on another topic? Again, A big farmgirl welcome to ya! Jenny from Kansas

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2005 :  7:09:42 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the forum Missy. I live almost due north of you in Quilcene on the olympic penninsula. I have enjoyed reading through your mothers posts. Have not been able to post much lately with all the catch up I have been doing around here. I have also had health issues and had surgery twice in the past two years but am on the mend now and working very hard to catch up with all the growth that took over while I was down. I am making great progress and am pleased with the results and my new mobility.
Isn't soap making fun! I just learned this past year and am loving it too.
I too am a lover of all things old and enjoy fixing up everything I can find. Looking forward to getting to know you too.
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Missyhan
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Melissa
Vancouver WA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  09:38:25 AM  Show Profile
Dejavu...My name is also Missy and I just registered yesterday. I also live in Battle Ground, so I shall welcome you here and myself at the same time.

What a coincidence!

Love Always Wins!
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  10:17:06 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to both of the Mistys!
Go to Top of Page

primjillie
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Jill
Antelope CA
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  10:56:31 AM  Show Profile

How funny to read this and see TWO people from Battleground, WA. We just got back from vacation there visiting my girlfriend who lives on 2 1/2 acres there in a beautiful farmhouse. I just love Battleground! Tons of neat shops and towns all around. I would love to live there!
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  2:58:21 PM  Show Profile
How funny! That is so cool to connect with someone in you're own town and share the same name!!! Eileen-I'm so glad to hear that you are in the healing process. I feel that I am as well and it has alot to do with changing my diet to whole, raw and organic foods. I still have days I don't feel to great, but feel as though a burden has been lifted physically.

I'm still trying to figure the forum out and not sure how to reply to each person individually.

Battle Ground is a nice town. We move here from Vancouver 2 1/2 years ago from Vancouver which has become insanely busy and overcrowded. I hate having to go back into that part of town now and usually go in once a week to get everything done. We absolutely love the peacefullness we experince where we live. My seventeen year old and I sat and watched a baby deer that was right outside his bedroom window last night. It was so cool. He also encountered a bat in the loft of our little barn today but wasn't as excited about that! ha ha
Go to Top of Page

PhillyfarmGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Yael
Philadelphia PA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2005 :  5:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Send PhillyfarmGirl an AOL message
Well, I shall add my welcome to these very happy posts! I love all this Mother/Daughter sharing!
Blessings,

Philly Farmgirl

~It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion;
It is easy in solitude to live after our own;
but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd
keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.~
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://homeschoolblogger.com/PhillyFarmGirl/
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi from Washington!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly