Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Outdoor Rooms? Next Topic  

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  10:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
How may of you have them? I am headed home to start working on mine. I have the perfect spot for it. I just have a couple of days of brush clearing to get it habitable....

I will take pictures before, during and after to share if you like. I am such a Farmgirl junkie! An I only been here a couple days!

Hugs,

Lorna Orick,
Forest Hill, MD

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  10:23:17 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
oops, I think I posted this in the wrong section.

Lorna Orick,
Forest Hill, MD
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  12:01:54 PM  Show Profile
I sort of have one..a little covered patio off the back of my house..it is my little retreat. I have hanging and vining plants around it and the more they grow the more private it gets...I love it. Brick floor, old rattan chair...potting tables...a great place to read! I would love to see yours!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  12:15:03 PM  Show Profile
I Can't WAIT to see it Lorna!!!
i WOULD love AN OUTDORR ROOM!!

& the idea of sleeping outside.. just about ALL the time is SOOOOOO tempting to me!!!!

yes!! pictures Please!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Jul 16 2007 12:16:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  3:00:43 PM  Show Profile
WE have a gazeebo, a swing, a hammock, a picnic table and a fire pit all in one area under our sycamore tree. I will try to take photos of it and post later.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  4:00:53 PM  Show Profile
I have a small covered area outside the sliding glass doors out back. The red brick paver patio starts at the back door and extends out 15 feet. The covered area is only 4 feet deep and about 8 feet long. I have lace curtains enclosing it with 2 chairs, log table, a big pot of white nancy and another with a big hosta and fern. A couple of hanging houseplants, hanging candles, large windchime and a hummingbird feeder. I hung a garden picture and a clock on the wall (the clock is mainly so I'm not late for work).

Then I have a garden bench further in the back yard next to the stream and pond and it's fenced off from the neighbors and from our own dogs.

And now I'm building another one on the north side of our house where we have a door from our bedroom going out to it. It's a rectangular area about 25 feet by 40 feet that's set into the "L" shaped part of our house. I'm going to plant forsythia on the 2 sides open to the neighbors and the street. I have rocks and black fabric layed out so that there is an oval of grass in the middle big enough to put a table and 2 lounge chairs. The black fabric will be covered with good dirt and manure and planted with medicinal herbs; Whatever I can get my hands on. When it's all done and the bushes have grown, I plan to take my tea out there in the morning in just my jammies and enjoy the sunrise and the birds.

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  5:24:08 PM  Show Profile
my uncle and his wife built a log cabin after that was finished they built a two story tool shed that has a small apartment in it, then the built a garage, then they built a summer kitchen. All of they built almost by their selves and paid as they went. All of it in logs and is just beautiful. See my blog about my g.ma's 93 birthday and you can see some pics of the summer kitchen.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Outdoor Rooms? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page